Just met Marshawn Lynch!

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Just met Marshawn Lynch!
Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:23 pm
  • At training camp he'd only take pictures with or sign autographs for the kids and I got turned down, but I asked him for a handshake and he gave me one.

    I think calling him a dick is an overreaction, the majority of us will never know what it's like to be him on a daily basis and experience what he does. It seems to me that he has a certain set of rules for how he interacts with the fans, and especially out in public. Like some others, I thought his response was more of an attempt at humor.
    User avatar
    SutiHawk
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 13
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:29 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA


Re: Just met Marshawn Lynch!
Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:35 pm
  • 5280Hawk wrote:
    Besides a copy of Windows, what does Bill Gates owe you? "Hey Bill Gates!!! I buy your software! Dance for me! Say cheese!! Without me, you'd be NOTHING!!!"


    First of all I'm an apple guy,


    And second my fandom means nothing to the whole scheme of things. But sports is not really a necessary thing in society like your first two examples (coca cola and windows7)


    So what? Why does that matter? Why does "society" make it any different? Both are people who make a living off a product that people pay money for. I work for local state government. Do you have any idea how often I hear people yell, "My taxes pay for your salary! Blah blah blah! I have the right to yell at you!" Give me a freaking break. I don't care if you eat at the Jamba Juice I work at. It doesn't give you the right to demand of me outside of work or criticize me as a person. Save your entitlement and sanctimony for someone who is stupid enough to fall for it.
    Hawkadeus
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 201
    Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:50 pm


Re: Just met Marshawn Lynch!
Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:40 pm
  • Hawkadeus wrote:
    5280Hawk wrote:
    Besides a copy of Windows, what does Bill Gates owe you? "Hey Bill Gates!!! I buy your software! Dance for me! Say cheese!! Without me, you'd be NOTHING!!!"


    First of all I'm an apple guy,


    And second my fandom means nothing to the whole scheme of things. But sports is not really a necessary thing in society like your first two examples (coca cola and windows7)


    So what? Why does that matter? Why does "society" make it any different? Both are people who make a living off a product that people pay money for. I work for local state government. Do you have any idea how often I hear people yell, "My taxes pay for your salary! Blah blah blah! I have the right to yell at you!" Give me a freaking break. I don't care if you eat at the Jamba Juice I work at. It doesn't give you the right to demand of me outside of work or criticize me as a person. Save your entitlement and sanctimony for someone who is stupid enough to fall for it.


    Not sure i'd call fountain drinks and computer software a "necessary" thing in society. Now food and water? Many cultures performed a good song and dance to their god of choice for that.
    Image
    San Fransisco. Still partying like it's 1981.
    User avatar
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 680
    Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:22 am


Re: Just met Marshawn Lynch!
Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:50 am
  • Mistashoesta wrote:Not sure i'd call fountain drinks and computer software a "necessary" thing in society. Now food and water? Many cultures performed a good song and dance to their god of choice for that.

    Unless you're Amish or Hassidic, it's necessary.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    User avatar
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *
     
    Posts: 7444
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:06 am
    Location: Eastern Washington


Re: Just met Marshawn Lynch!
Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:58 am
  • You don't think being a State employee, and an NFL Football player is a little different?

    That guy that yells at you at your work HAS to pay his taxes by Law, and its crap that you have to put up with that. I get it BTW I'm a Federal employee.

    But I don't have to pay for football, I choose to.

    If Marshawn doesn't want to be nice to fans and get pics taken outside of work, that's his deal.


    If I made millions of dollars playing football, I would certainly not forget where my bread is buttered. I guess I'll leave it at that.
    Image
    User avatar
    5280Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 922
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:01 pm


Re: Just met Marshawn Lynch!
Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:47 am
  • Well, if you got millions being a federal employee.....

    same
    User avatar
    Uffda
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 717
    Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:13 am
    Location: Ballard


Re: Just met Marshawn Lynch!
Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:17 am
  • I'm virtually invisible in public and it's awesome. I have normal interactions with people but there's nothing special about me.

    I've always thought that unless they are off the charts on ego, most famous people really want time to just do their thing and not be special in public.
    User avatar
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 850
    Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:56 pm


Re: Just met Marshawn Lynch!
Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:20 am
  • You should of bought a bag of Skittles and asked him autograph it. Sometimes you have to be creative to get celebrities attention.
    The 12th Commandment:

    THOU SHALL STAY LOUD N PROUD! GO HAWKS!
    User avatar
    12thMode
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 331
    Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:57 am
    Location: The Adventure of CLink


Re: Just met Marshawn Lynch!
Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:23 am
  • I grew up in Bellevue, seeing athletes is part of the landscape. I don't see how anyone who lives in Kirkland/Bellevue/Renton gets all excited about it. We lived next door to a Sonic and across from a Seahawk. Let them live their lives. If you see a Seahawk in Spokane, now that would be exciting!
    _______________________
    Remember, it's all for fun.
    User avatar
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 2915
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:19 am
    Location: Spokane


Re: Just met Marshawn Lynch!
Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:08 am
  • Hawkstorian, feel the same way. Grew up in Bellevue, just took it in stride.

    I don't get the fascination with autographs in the first place. If I'm at a Seahawks function, or a thing where they are making a personal appearance, yeah, its cool to approach them. But just let the guys live their lives a little bit.
    User avatar
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1645
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:41 pm


Re: Just met Marshawn Lynch!
Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:49 am
  • Hawkstorian wrote:I grew up in Bellevue, seeing athletes is part of the landscape. I don't see how anyone who lives in Kirkland/Bellevue/Renton gets all excited about it.


    I have yet to see a Seahawks player and I have lived in Bellevue for over 10 years now. Only Athletes I have seen are The Glove and Buhner. But then again all I do is work and go home and back to work again. Never really get out much.
    The 12th Commandment:

    THOU SHALL STAY LOUD N PROUD! GO HAWKS!
    User avatar
    12thMode
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 331
    Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:57 am
    Location: The Adventure of CLink


Re: Just met Marshawn Lynch!
Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:20 am
  • I think we can all agree the poster was just a little butt hurt and now he has seen the rest of the world doesnt agree with his point of view and has now gotten over it and will never approach another athlete again. lol
    TLD0550
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 345
    Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:50 pm


Re: Just met Marshawn Lynch!
Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:23 am
  • There are a hell of a lot more important things in life than getting the autograph from someone. Let alone spending a bunch of time assuming they are an a'hole if it doesn't go a certain way.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2930
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Just met Marshawn Lynch!
Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:08 pm
  • TLD0550 wrote:I think we can all agree the poster was just a little butt hurt and now he has seen the rest of the world doesnt agree with his point of view and has now gotten over it and will never approach another athlete again. lol

    I didn't get that from the OP at all. He wasn't bashing Lynch or anything. He even said he thought Beasts reaction was funny.
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7210
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


Previous


It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:25 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online