Baldwin back at practice

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Baldwin back at practice
Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:19 pm
  • Reported that he was back in practice today in a limited roll. If he can go on Sunday I feel 100% better about our WR situation.
    Navyhawkfan187
    NET Veteran

Re: Baldwin back at practice
Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:20 pm
  • based on how the WR's did at Detroit, Baldwin isn't gonna change THAT much.

But having a reliable slot threat is a very underrated role. Glad he's back.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:23 pm
  • Great news. Hopefully he's good to go and not being pressed into service because of all the injuries.
    San Fransisco. Still partying like it's 1981.
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:48 pm
  • Yeah I agree, no need to rush him back into action. I'd rather him ready to go for the last quarter of the season and the playoffs if we are so fortunate. Than to rush him back and have him reaggrevate his ankle and be hobbled the rest of the year.

I think the WR's looked fine in the Detroit game. I think if they can get Moore and McCoy more involved than I think that would be a huge benefit.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:59 am
  • I thought he had the dreaded HIGH ankle sprain, but since he's practicing now I'm assuming I'm wrong?
    That injury sidelined Okung for like 6 weeks if I recall correctly. Anyway hopefully at home we won't need Doug. this is the worst offense we faced at C-Link so far this season, and after last sunday I'm sure everyone on D gonna have fire in their eyes. Can't wait to see how they're gonna do.
    roiyair
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:19 am
  • Has Moore actually caught a ball? He's only had a couple of chances, but hasn't done anything with them.
    "Doug Baldwin doesn't get separation, he gets a divorce." -NorthDallas40oz
    jman316
    NET Starter

Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:21 am
  • jman316 wrote:Has Moore actually caught a ball? He's only had a couple of chances, but hasn't done anything with them.

Nope. Has ran 35 pass routes, and been thrown to a couple of times, but hasn't caught a ball yet, even when some have been in his hands.

I guess we're just hoping eventually he'll be better than Winslow. Eventually.....
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:42 am
  • I talked to his uncle yesterday, who said Doug is trying to get back and is feeling a little better. But it really doesn't matter what he wants, if the Docs clear him he'll play, if not he won't. Hard to fake your ankle doesn't hurt as a WR.
    Schadie001
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:24 am
  • moore is the last reciever i want a ball thrown to. i agree no need to rush baldwin back if he's not ready.. i feel rice, tate, miller, mccoy, kearse and martin can get the job done if needed...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:32 am
  • roiyair wrote:I thought he had the dreaded HIGH ankle sprain, but since he's practicing now I'm assuming I'm wrong?
    That injury sidelined Okung for like 6 weeks if I recall correctly. Anyway hopefully at home we won't need Doug. this is the worst offense we faced at C-Link so far this season, and after last sunday I'm sure everyone on D gonna have fire in their eyes. Can't wait to see how they're gonna do.

They did call it the dreaded "high ankle sprain". I think they have found better ways to treat that injury rather than the 6 weeks or more it used to take.

:les:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:10 am
  • Or maybe 6 weeks is just Okung time, though the normal time would probably then be around 3 weeks and not 1.5 like Doug :P
    roiyair
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:25 am
  • If he does he does, if he doesn't he doesn't.
    12thMan1
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:48 am
  • jman316 wrote:Has Moore actually caught a ball? He's only had a couple of chances, but hasn't done anything with them.

He was cut by Cleveland..................Cleveland.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:03 am
  • I gotta think a guy like Baldwin would heal from a lower leg type injury quicker than a big guy like Okung, nothing against Russ, but he's carrying almost 200 extra pounds around on his legs in comparison to Doug. Regardless, if the docs clear Baldwin he'll be out there, if they don't he won't. I don't think the docs are gonna put him out there if there is a substantial risk of losing him for an even longer period.
    Navyhawkfan187
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:14 am
  • Navyhawkfan187 wrote:I gotta think a guy like Baldwin would heal from a lower leg type injury quicker than a big guy like Okung, nothing against Russ, but he's carrying almost 200 extra pounds around on his legs in comparison to Doug. Regardless, if the docs clear Baldwin he'll be out there, if they don't he won't. I don't think the docs are gonna put him out there if there is a substantial risk of losing him for an even longer period.

Maybe, but Baldwin also has to run and cut much more than an O-Linemen does.......especially a slot receiver like Baldwin that has to be quick off the line to get separation.

It just sucks cause Baldwin's been hurt ALL DAMN YEAR.......we need the dude.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:28 am
  • I hope he'll play this Sunday. Team needs him.
    MANUNITED23
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:08 am
  • It's the extra 200 Okie's carrying, but also that he has to plant and take impact from 300 lbs dline guys, or drive against them. And he does this every play, whereas a reciever isn't even on the field every play. And even if he is, he's just running and cutting. An oline's high-ankle is a totally different proposition.
    DAMAGE FROM THE HARVIN DEBACLE RUNS DEEP FOR SEAHAWKS
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/10/22/ ... -seahawks/
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:10 pm
  • Baldwin and Moffitt both full participants in practice today. Looks like We'll have 5 healthy WR's, and all of our OL healthy for the first time ever.
    Navyhawkfan187
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:18 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information