An analysis of Jason Jones worth to this defense

hawksfan515

Reaction score
http://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/10/31/35 ... injury-nfl

To say that missing Jason Jones was the reason the Seahawks lost against Detroit would be a false assumption. But Jones carries a unique skillset that the Seahawks have been missing since 2008 - currently, backups in Jaye Howard and Greg Scruggs have not reached Jones' ability to disrupt the interior pocket so when Jones is hurt the drop-off is significant.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Terrific article. His pressure would have helped cut off some of those middle plays. Double-team him and you release an edge rusher. Without him, our defense was back to 2011.

ivotuk

Reaction score
If only they would pursue Geno Atkins. I would give up a 3rd rounder easy for him. The dude has 7 sacks already this year!

roiyair

Reaction score
What about Jay Howard?
Is he inactive due to injury or is he just not good enough right now?
Having a player that can create pressure from the inside is huge. If jones is missing again, I would really like to see us trying some LB blitzes up the middle by Wright and Wagner. Something like Darryl Washington is doing so well for the Cards this year.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":29mz1fj0 said:
If only they would pursue Geno Atkins. I would give up a 3rd rounder easy for him. The dude has 7 sacks already this year!

Atkins is on a team that went to the playoffs last year and still has hopes of doing so again in a winnable division this year. What makes you think Cincy would entertain the idea of trading him?

HawksSoc

Reaction score
ivotuk":3gc8r8dz said:

Hes also the heart of that Defense, the best player on it (well, close with Leon Hall), it'd be like someone trying to trade for Earl Thomas, it just wouldn't be entertained. Though Atkins' 'beastness' is not in question, hes a great player only in his third year and will only get better, hes also the only consistent DL on my Fantasy Team :D

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Interesting article. When we brought Jones in, the intent was definitely to improve penetration into the pocket and goodness knows he was doing well at that before getting hurt. I sincerely hope he can get healthy for the remainder of the season.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
volsunghawk":39id1i05 said:
ivotuk":39id1i05 said:

Atkins is on a team that went to the playoffs last year and still has hopes of doing so again in a winnable division this year. What makes you think Cincy would entertain the idea of trading him?

They wouldn't.

The NFL trade deadline is by far the least exciting of all the pro leagues. The players up for trade are either head cases or overpaid underperformers...........and even then you have to give up draft picks, which are invaluable.........especially for a team like Seattle that has done very well with late round picks.

kearly

Reaction score
To be fair, Howard hasn't been activated yet (per NFL.com, anyway). I know he's hot garbage against the run and all that, but it would not surprise me if he was our best pure pass rushing DT. I think Seattle missed an opportunity with Jones being out to activate Howard and give him some looks on 3rd downs.

Latest posts