Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: According to ESPN's QBR..Wilson has been one of the best
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:10 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 7:41 am
Posts: 522
I used to really like Troy Aikman's formua for rating. Anyone know where I can find how he would rate Wilson?
-edit: I tried to find it and couldn't. Maybe it doesn't exist. The aikman efficiency ratings are for team stats


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: According to ESPN's QBR..Wilson has been one of the best
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:19 pm 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10044
hawkfan1975 wrote:
I'm sorry...I really want to appreciate the RW congratulatory freakouts, but cannot (yet). Last week we played a 22 rated D and we put up minimal again.
All this "but he's getting better" stuff, it's appreciated of course but I just see a low ceiling here. Can we at least let a rook complete his first year, to be fair?

I know many will read this as "RW 'hate'. Go ahead (simple minds). The truth is he's having a rather ho-hum year and there's just such a long way to go with this rook. I'm sorry to say I want this organization to obtain a serious QBOTF behind center to be feared. For some reason something keeps telling me RW ain't it (although not bad)...but also...that we will soon see one who will come to this organization and taking control to make D's PAY!!

This is NOT RW hate, that's all I can say.

Detroit has the 9th ranked pass D right now. For yards anyway.
No, it isn't hate. Doesn't mean you are being reasonable in your expectations either. If RW continues to not be bad, like you say, you are not getting a sniff of the serious QBOTF that you covet. just sayin

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: According to ESPN's QBR..Wilson has been one of the best
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:11 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:50 pm
Posts: 201
hawkfan1975 wrote:
I'm sorry...I really want to appreciate the RW congratulatory freakouts, but cannot (yet). Last week we played a 22 rated D and we put up minimal again.
All this "but he's getting better" stuff, it's appreciated of course but I just see a low ceiling here. Can we at least let a rook complete his first year, to be fair?

I know many will read this as "RW 'hate'. Go ahead (simple minds). The truth is he's having a rather ho-hum year and there's just such a long way to go with this rook. I'm sorry to say I want this organization to obtain a serious QBOTF behind center to be feared. For some reason something keeps telling me RW ain't it (although not bad)...but also...that we will soon see one who will come to this organization and taking control to make D's PAY!!

This is NOT RW hate, that's all I can say.


Don't read that as RW hate. But I do not agree with you.

You need to look past stats when evaluating a qb's play. Especially a rookie who is learning the ropes on the fly. You sir are doing exactly what you accuse others of. Judging RW based off stats and looking for immediate results and peak potential, and ignoring all the surrounding factors (supporting cast, conservative offensive playcalling, etc), THAT is a simple mind. ;)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: According to ESPN's QBR..Wilson has been one of the best
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:51 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:14 pm
Posts: 651
Hawkadeus wrote:

Don't read that as RW hate. But I do not agree with you.

You need to look past stats when evaluating a qb's play. Especially a rookie who is learning the ropes on the fly. You sir are doing exactly what you accuse others of. Judging RW based off stats and looking for immediate results and peak potential, and ignoring all the surrounding factors (supporting cast, conservative offensive playcalling, etc), THAT is a simple mind. ;)


Well no, not really. I'm basing it on points (which would equate to some prior wins), errant throws vs. solid throws, inability (right now) to hit the checkdowns necessary to make D's PAY all day long, short and mid-field hit or miss, floating long bombs (although being fair he'sALSO had some beauties mixed in, but along with ones that were miracle take downs on the other end to eek a win).

The type of QB I'm talking about is one who has a grasp on the above a bit more out the gate (and yes, who knows what will click and when?...it "could" be RW. I will give you that). I'm not talking about stats really at all.

Just as long as you understand this is NOT RW 'hate'. No games here, just want a very competitive hawks organization.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: According to ESPN's QBR..Wilson has been one of the best
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:15 pm 
* NET Sage *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm
Posts: 4306
hawker84 wrote:
wilson throws for 300 + sunday, bound to happen, might as well be against a weak secondary and passrush...


Have you heard of Jared Allen? Their pass-rush is not weak.

And they're 12th overall against the pass.. not a bad defense by any stretch.

Their offense on the other hand outside of Peterson and Harvin is pretty rough. We should have the edge there if we can contain Peterson.

_________________
February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: According to ESPN's QBR..Wilson has been one of the best
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:17 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:37 pm
Posts: 1184
Still doesn't score nearly that highly on the eyeball test

_________________
Ummm, no sig to see here, especially not a sig referring to Tarvaris Jackson in any way.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: According to ESPN's QBR..Wilson has been one of the best
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:23 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 7:59 am
Posts: 68
hawkfan1975 wrote:
Hawkadeus wrote:

Don't read that as RW hate. But I do not agree with you.

You need to look past stats when evaluating a qb's play. Especially a rookie who is learning the ropes on the fly. You sir are doing exactly what you accuse others of. Judging RW based off stats and looking for immediate results and peak potential, and ignoring all the surrounding factors (supporting cast, conservative offensive playcalling, etc), THAT is a simple mind. ;)


Well no, not really. I'm basing it on points (which would equate to some prior wins), errant throws vs. solid throws, inability (right now) to hit the checkdowns necessary to make D's PAY all day long, short and mid-field hit or miss, floating long bombs (although being fair he'sALSO had some beauties mixed in, but along with ones that were miracle take downs on the other end to eek a win).

The type of QB I'm talking about is one who has a grasp on the above a bit more out the gate (and yes, who knows what will click and when?...it "could" be RW. I will give you that). I'm not talking about stats really at all.

Just as long as you understand this is NOT RW 'hate'. No games here, just want a very competitive hawks organization.


Oh, right, I can't believe Carroll hasn't been on the waiver wire signing all of the Tom Brady's out there. Man, sticking with Wilson when he could have drafted or signed someone like Robert Griffin or Peyton Manning!


Or do you argue that Pete should have not drafted Wilson and waited until that elite talent came along?
:roll:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: According to ESPN's QBR..Wilson has been one of the best
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:55 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am
Posts: 2233
hawkfan1975 wrote:
I'm sorry...I really want to appreciate the RW congratulatory freakouts, but cannot (yet). Last week we played a 22 rated D and we put up minimal again.
All this "but he's getting better" stuff, it's appreciated of course but I just see a low ceiling here. Can we at least let a rook complete his first year, to be fair?

I know many will read this as "RW 'hate'. Go ahead (simple minds). The truth is he's having a rather ho-hum year and there's just such a long way to go with this rook. I'm sorry to say I want this organization to obtain a serious QBOTF behind center to be feared. For some reason something keeps telling me RW ain't it (although not bad)...but also...that we will soon see one who will come to this organization and taking control to make D's PAY!!

This is NOT RW hate, that's all I can say.


Everyone has their opinion ... Although I don't agree with yours. I just don't want people acting like they always supported Wilson 3 years from now when he's leading us to Super Bowl wins.

_________________
The artist formerly known as T-Sizzle


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: According to ESPN's QBR..Wilson has been one of the best
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:02 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
hawkfan1975 wrote:
Well no, not really. I'm basing it on points (which would equate to some prior wins), errant throws vs. solid throws, inability (right now) to hit the checkdowns necessary to make D's PAY all day long, short and mid-field hit or miss, floating long bombs (although being fair he'sALSO had some beauties mixed in, but along with ones that were miracle take downs on the other end to eek a win).

Just as long as you understand this is NOT RW 'hate'. No games here, just want a very competitive hawks organization.


Okay, I am ALL giddy like a 12yo with Beiber fever over Wilson, but the bold is a good point. The best valid criticism I've read so far. Fair point.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: According to ESPN's QBR..Wilson has been one of the best
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:19 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:50 pm
Posts: 201
pehawk wrote:
hawkfan1975 wrote:
Well no, not really. I'm basing it on points (which would equate to some prior wins), errant throws vs. solid throws, inability (right now) to hit the checkdowns necessary to make D's PAY all day long, short and mid-field hit or miss, floating long bombs (although being fair he'sALSO had some beauties mixed in, but along with ones that were miracle take downs on the other end to eek a win).

Just as long as you understand this is NOT RW 'hate'. No games here, just want a very competitive hawks organization.


Okay, I am ALL giddy like a 12yo with Beiber fever over Wilson, but the bold is a good point. The best valid criticism I've read so far. Fair point.


A rookie qb beyond valid criticisms I've never seen. These things are understandable and realistic. Expecting perfection is not. I got no prob with us pointing out the ares where RW neesd to improve. Pointing them out as some sort of inherent, impossible to overcome, flaws, as posters such as Hasselbeck, feel the need, is just wrong, and stupid, and ignorant. Sorry RW isn't a 6'5" 1st round pick with perceived unlimited potential. He's still able to improve, Flynnicists. Sorry. ;)

I'm with pehawk. This kid is special. Anyone who thinks otherwise, keep it up. Join Hasselbeck and cement your Flynnicism and forever be remembered for your stubbornness. I will be be remembered. ;)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: According to ESPN's QBR..Wilson has been one of the best
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:26 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am
Posts: 2233
Hawkadeus wrote:
pehawk wrote:
hawkfan1975 wrote:
Well no, not really. I'm basing it on points (which would equate to some prior wins), errant throws vs. solid throws, inability (right now) to hit the checkdowns necessary to make D's PAY all day long, short and mid-field hit or miss, floating long bombs (although being fair he'sALSO had some beauties mixed in, but along with ones that were miracle take downs on the other end to eek a win).

Just as long as you understand this is NOT RW 'hate'. No games here, just want a very competitive hawks organization.


Okay, I am ALL giddy like a 12yo with Beiber fever over Wilson, but the bold is a good point. The best valid criticism I've read so far. Fair point.


A rookie qb beyond valid criticisms I've never seen. These things are understandable and realistic. Expecting perfection is not. I got no prob with us pointing out the ares where RW neesd to improve. Pointing them out as some sort of inherent, impossible to overcome, flaws, as posters such as Hasselbeck, feel the need, is just wrong, and stupid, and ignorant. Sorry RW isn't a 6'5" 1st round pick with perceived unlimited potential. He's still able to improve, Flynnicists. Sorry. ;)

I'm with pehawk. This kid is special. Anyone who thinks otherwise, keep it up. Join Hasselbeck and cement your Flynnicism and forever be remembered for your stubbornness. I will be be remembered. ;)


:13:

_________________
The artist formerly known as T-Sizzle


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: According to ESPN's QBR..Wilson has been one of the best
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:55 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:13 pm
Posts: 1732
Hawkadeus wrote:
hawkfan1975 wrote:
I'm sorry...I really want to appreciate the RW congratulatory freakouts, but cannot (yet). Last week we played a 22 rated D and we put up minimal again.
All this "but he's getting better" stuff, it's appreciated of course but I just see a low ceiling here. Can we at least let a rook complete his first year, to be fair?

I know many will read this as "RW 'hate'. Go ahead (simple minds). The truth is he's having a rather ho-hum year and there's just such a long way to go with this rook. I'm sorry to say I want this organization to obtain a serious QBOTF behind center to be feared. For some reason something keeps telling me RW ain't it (although not bad)...but also...that we will soon see one who will come to this organization and taking control to make D's PAY!!

This is NOT RW hate, that's all I can say.


Don't read that as RW hate. But I do not agree with you.

You need to look past stats when evaluating a qb's play. Especially a rookie who is learning the ropes on the fly. You sir are doing exactly what you accuse others of. Judging RW based off stats and looking for immediate results and peak potential, and ignoring all the surrounding factors (supporting cast, conservative offensive playcalling, etc), THAT is a simple mind. ;)


I totally agree with the 2nd part of this above post and suggest that only one of the whole receiving crew that is having a reasonable season is Rice. This suggests Wilson is not being helped much either by his receivers or by the scheme. Wilson improves game to game doesn't take a lot of sacks despite weak right side pass pro. Any honest evaluation of our OLine would reveal they are left side dominant and right side weak, they generally run to the left when short yardage is needed, and are forcing our RBs to make a large portion of their yardage after contact.

As much as I love Giacomini's toughness it'd be nice to see better pass protection from the right side if the line. Two TDs from our TEs in 8 games indicates the scheme isn't helping Wilson much in the red zone. From what he's shown so far will have a very high ceiling in the NFL. All he needs is so help, a few more healthy WRs, better play from the TEs, and a lot more ability to open it up.

PC has brought Wilson along slowly but it's now time to open it up some and allow Wilson to be creative.

Basing any evaluation on simply stats is affirming the truth there are lies, damn lies, and statistics.

_________________
Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to completely take the final step. Until the OLine is strengthened the team will remain weak.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aros, drdiags, Google [Bot], halfrack, SeahawksRawk, smerfy01, Sprfunk and 123 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.