6. Russell Wilson 77.1

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Screw that! It's not enough!! I want Flynn!! :stirthepot:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
He's definitely improved quite a bit from the Rams game.. the game against SF should have been his best but dropsies got in the way.

The game last week, I still firmly believe there were a couple throws he should have made that more than likely change the outcome of the game.

All in all though.. his last 4 compared to his first 4, much better. Hope it continues..

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":9eexf5ip said:
He's definitely improved quite a bit from the Rams game.. the game against SF should have been his best but dropsies got in the way.

The game last week, I still firmly believe there were a couple throws he should have made that more than likely change the outcome of the game.

All in all though.. his last 4 compared to his first 4, much better. Hope it continues..

Ehhh.... The first half of SF was probably his best ever, but his second half was bad. I still think in Detroit he didn't leave anything on the field.

MrCarey

Reaction score
Didn't Dilfer invent QBR or something?

So, yeah, don't pay attention to that...

PFF does agree that he is best in the West right now, though.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Biggest thing I've noticed with him is his much improved pocket presence and decision making. That and the coaches opening it up a bit is paying dividends.

He still needs to work on not bailing to the right so much and seeing the field better as a whole, but the kid is MONEY when it comes to self assessment, learning from his mistakes and improving. Imagine what would happen if we elevated the WR/TE talent.

Oh yeah, remember all that talk about him being too short?? He's had all of four passes batted down this season. FOUR.

If you can snag a franchise QB in the 3rd round of a draft, it's huge. And I think we have.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3gfr8qrh said:
Biggest thing I've noticed with him is his much improved pocket presence and decision making. That and the coaches opening it up a bit is paying dividends.

He still needs to work on not bailing to the right so much and seeing the field better as a whole, but the kid is MONEY when it comes to self assessment, learning from his mistakes and improving. Imagine what would happen if we elevated the WR/TE talent.

Oh yeah, remember all that talk about him being too short?? He's had all of four passes batted down this season. FOUR.

If you can snag a franchise QB in the 3rd round of a draft, it's huge. And I think we have.

How does he not see the whole field? I don't think it's a problem at all. Constantly bailing to the right though is pretty bad. Didn't Vick do awesome his first few starts for the eagles until opposing defenses kept him in the pocket? A tad worried...

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
hawksfan515":1ac9y4mu said:
FlyingGreg":1ac9y4mu said:

How does he not see the whole field? I don't think it's a problem at all. Constantly bailing to the right though is pretty bad. Didn't Vick do awesome his first few starts for the eagles until opposing defenses kept him in the pocket? A tad worried...

I didn't say he doesn't see the whole field. I said he needs to see the field BETTER as a whole. Big difference.

:th2thumbs:

Example - throwing the pick vs SF into triple coverage when he had Rice wide open. There's been quite a few times this season he has not seen wide open receivers. Not a knock by any means, its a refinement for a young QB.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
hawksfan515":13vgrhg5 said:
Hasselbeck":13vgrhg5 said:

Ehhh.... The first half of SF was probably his best ever, but his second half was bad. I still think in Detroit he didn't leave anything on the field.

I'm not in the habit of making excuses for people, and since what I'm about to say qualifies more as a 'reason,' I don't have a problem with it.
:th2thumbs:
The WR's were at least catching passes in the first half. I understand how a QB must shoulder the blame, and he's usually the first to do so, but I think that putting that second half on him is stretching things a bit...or being over-simplistic in blaming who's in charge on the field. RW threaded quite a few totally catchable balls into very tight quarters in that second half, and most all of them were dropped. How was he supposed to get back into a rythm against the adjustments the 9ers made at halftime if his pass catchers weren't letting the FB bounce off their hands? He did all he could do for the most part. I like most of what I saw from him, but was very dissapointed with the receivers (which includes Turbin). Nearly every pass catcher we put on the field laid an egg in that second half. RW definitely gets a pass from me.

legend38

Reaction score
The way he can take off from time to time,he likes to throw the long ball at least twice a game.For some reason he reminds me of Mcnabb.

hawker84

Reaction score
he hardley threw any passes in the second half, two of the passes he did throw were throw aways out of bounds... second half was a case of whiners made better adjustments than we did, and bevell couldn't figure out how to counter...

Hate Bevell..
Go Hawks!!!

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":ryxgbnxw said:
why is matt ryan not on that list?

I'm going to guess that it's a combination of that list stopping at 6, Ryan having a subpar game against Oakland, and the Falcons having their bye in Week 7 (since the list is only for Weeks 5-8). Just a quick glance at Ryan's 3 games during that span, it looks like he'd probably shake out at around 74, which would probably put him just under Wilson.

mikeak

Reaction score
freaking tired of people blaming Wilson in the second half of the 49ers game. How is it his fault that he has 4 passing attempts coming in to the 2 minute warning.......

As I have been saying that is like blaming the kicker for not making any FG's in the second half......

hawker84

Reaction score
wilson throws for 300 + sunday, bound to happen, might as well be against a weak secondary and passrush...

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
I'm sorry...I really want to appreciate the RW congratulatory freakouts, but cannot (yet). Last week we played a 22 rated D and we put up minimal again.
All this "but he's getting better" stuff, it's appreciated of course but I just see a low ceiling here. Can we at least let a rook complete his first year, to be fair?

I know many will read this as "RW 'hate'. Go ahead (simple minds). The truth is he's having a rather ho-hum year and there's just such a long way to go with this rook. I'm sorry to say I want this organization to obtain a serious QBOTF behind center to be feared. For some reason something keeps telling me RW ain't it (although not bad)...but also...that we will soon see one who will come to this organization and taking control to make D's PAY!!

This is NOT RW hate, that's all I can say.