Pete Carroll's Live Week 9 Press Conference (with synopsis)

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":2amplqbg said:
Hawks need Baldwin back huge. Carroll saying they may only have 4 healthy WR's Sunday. Rice, Tate, Martin and Kearse. Holy cow!

This is scary

Hey, at least that might limit us from going 4 wide on 3rd and 1 when we should be running it anyways! ;)

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Lots of praise for the Vikings.....especially Peterson and Harvin (sp?)

Looking forward to playing back at home.

They said they saw Baldwin run and he is competing hard to come back. We'll see if he can be ready by Sunday.

Lots of praise for Obo..Called him the toughest guy but said he's in a cast and it's too much to ask for him to play in that condition. says Kearse's been solid all along and showed a lot in camp.

Wait and see on Edwards as well.

Pete joked that we hope to see a lot more Marshawn than we do Adrian (sp?)

Said he's always been a champion of the 2 back system but sometimes a guy is too talented to take out...Put Peterson and Lynch in that category. Said they seeked out someone of a similar mold when they found Turbin but they still don't like to take Lynch out of games.

Called Jared Allen a "war daddy" saying he can do it all. Gave lots of props to clemons as well. Saying Clemons is a speed rusher and been able to maintain his speed through the years. Called Clemons a terrific all around athlete

Says part of our Oline is scheme, but gives credit to the guys up front, naming Okung saying they've got to make those blocks and they're doing a good job there.

Asked if they were going to do anything different, he said "oh yeah" and pretty much just said that he knows it's a problem and they're going to fix it but gave no details.

Thurmond is still wait and see. Looking at it daily...giving him featured opportunities in practice to gauge his readiness to return.

on our DB's said we aren't just tall, they have speed and long arms and athleticism. Says it's rare to find guys that size with a good feel of the position.

On Sherman...said he watched him at Stanford and said he liked how physical he was when playing corner there.

A lot of 1st 2nd and 3rd year players, asked what kind of factor the youth is....he said that they expect that to work in our favor a year or two from now....basically saying that yes they are young and still learning, but they will grow together and see how far they can take it. Says they all are very hard workers, study the game a lot. Says sometimes they have to learn the hard way, but they do learn.

Mentioned how they know they've finished stronger in both year 1 and year 2 and they look forward to finishing stronger this year as well.

On Jones return..he said we'll see, they are trying to get him back but not sure.

Had a brief work interruption..seems like he spent some time talking about Wilson and how he's come along. I only caught bits of it

Back to the vikings...said their defense is really good in rushing the passer and solid against the run..

Asked about hurricane Sandy, that it seems everyone linked to players and coaches etc. all seem to have weathered the storm ok (my pun not his)

Passed some praise around for the entire NFC West.

Spurrier said Alabama could handle a lesser NFL team...pete said that's interesting but it's a falsehood. Said Alabama is a great team, but when you match them up, the lines wouldn't even be close.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
I always love the college people saying a college team could beat a pro team. I remember somebody saying it about the Miami Heat in a game versus UNLV when UNLV was undefeated and Miami was like 0-21. It was an actual huge topic on sports radio.

I had friends telling me this over and over and I said, "Look.... UNLV may at BEST end up with 3 of those guys being good NBA players, and the rest won't even make an NBA roster. The Heat are a team of 12 guys who all would be in the starting lineup for UNLV right now, and possibly would even be their best player." It was quite a discussion point. A local radio guy said everybody on UNLV would be an NBA star. So my friends claimed I was wrong. What happened? Larry Johnson was an NBA star for a couple of years, but his spine wore out quickly. Stacey Augmon who was supposed to be better than Pippen didn't even ever get to be as good as Derrick McKey, and I believe the only other to make the league was George Ackles, and he just flat out sucked and only got into the NBA because he was a tall space filler. So there you go... 3 NBA players, and one of them good. Whereas the Heat had 12 NBA players, probably 2 as good as LJ, and 10 better than the rest of the UNLV roster. In fact that UNLV team went on to get beat by Duke, who had I believe 3 NBA players too.... Grant Hill who was really good for a bit, Christian Laettner who was ok, and Thomas Hill who never did anything.

Alabama would be amazing if they got 9 guys off of their current roster into the NFL. You'll see schools that have 15-20 guys in the league, but they didn't all play together. There is overlap and such. There is no college team that could even keep it competitive for a quarter with any NFL team.

People like to use the AAA team beating their major league team in an exhibition as an example because it happens all the time. In those cases 9 out of 10 times it is the AAA team vs. the AAA team. The major league team calls up a AAA pitcher for the day and lets him pitch against his own teammates, and the starters play about 3 innings. Plus that is a game that is all dependent on pitching and tempo. Football is so fast that no college team could hang. I'd like to see it happen just for fun sometime to shut everybody up, but of course it never will.

Hawkadeus

Reaction score
Did he call anyone gobble gobble jive turkey gobblers?

[youtube]XXmXrqPZxms[/youtube]

Basis4day

Reaction score
I don't really have any interest in hearing about Thurmond until 100% ready to go.

Watched pot never boils.

The Radish

Reaction score
kidhawk":1s8o1koi said:
http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Week-9---Carroll-Press-Conference-Wednesday/6a337267-ecec-4b2f-89a0-4b465ec7b6d2

Here's the video of the press conference for those who want to hear it's entirety

Thanks David. Please tell those people you work for to not interrupt you when there is a press conference going on. How damned rude!

:D

pehawk

Reaction score
Baldwin's tweeting like he'll be back.

I think to wear #89 for the Hawks, you just got to be a tough mother. Chipped teeth, Blades average 2 concussions a game, ankle sprains...no sweat.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
pehawk":2l1ov8qa said:
Baldwin's tweeting like he'll be back.

I think to wear #89 for the Hawks, you just got to be a tough mother. Chipped teeth, Blades average 2 concussions a game, ankle sprains...no sweat.

Brian Blades... maybe the most underrated Seahawk ever.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Blades was a warrior. His brother hit like a freaking freight train too. I was glad when we got Bennie for the end of his career. Talk about two guys who left everything on the field every single week. I don't think anybody compares to the Blades brothers in that regard.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
The Radish":14dha10k said:
kidhawk":14dha10k said:
http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Week-9---Carroll-Press-Conference-Wednesday/6a337267-ecec-4b2f-89a0-4b465ec7b6d2

Here's the video of the press conference for those who want to hear it's entirety

Thanks David. Please tell those people you work for to not interrupt you when there is a press conference going on. How damned rude!

:D

If it were only so easy...I can keep the bosses and employees away, it's the dang clients that are the most bothersome....just because they are spending money, they expect to be important or something :)

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Basis4day":3p1h9yfv said:
I don't really have any interest in hearing about Thurmond until 100% ready to go.

Watched pot never boils.

So you'd rather have him boil over and dirty up the stove? :thirishdrinkers: