2 things I hate about our team

The Radish

Reaction score
1. Our receivers are very haphazard about getting past the 1st down marker before turning to catch the ball and wind up short. Quality receivers like Largent, JJ or Brandon Stokely don't make mistakes like that.

2a. This has been mentioned before. Our receivers over the middle are hit almost as soon as they catch the ball so there is no YAC. (so if they aren't past the 1st marker we are 3 and out,,,,again.

2b. This also has been mentioned before. THEIR receivers catch the ball over the middle and have 5-7 yards free field to get up to speed before any of our defenders touch them. This has got to be addressed if we are ever to advance.

:141847_bnono:

drdiags

Reaction score
I would add the whole running backwards trying to breakoff a big gain instead of just making a decisive turn up field. That is what got Tate hurt in the final Preseason game and he, Leon and McCoy have been guilty of it in the regular season.

hawker84

Reaction score
no yards after catch because they are not getting any seperation... this was a problem in the pre season and has carried over. i would guess coaching needs to work on technique off the line and running routes better, sharper.

1) i would liek to add, this conservative play calling was fine first few games, time to open it up, on both sides of the ball, we have play makers on both sides, get them in situations to make plays...

2) stop having this play not to lose mentality and start stepping on necks when you get them down or the game is close.

3) play every down like your season depends on it, tired of players taking plays off, tate, giacomini, rice

VHawk

Reaction score
The Radish":37amdrrx said:
1. Our receivers are very haphazard about getting past the 1st down marker before turning to catch the ball and wind up short. Quality receivers like Largent, JJ or Brandon Stokely don't make mistakes like that.

2a. This has been mentioned before. Our receivers over the middle are hit almost as soon as they catch the ball so there is no YAC. (so if they aren't past the 1st marker we are 3 and out,,,,again.

2b. This also has been mentioned before. THEIR receivers catch the ball over the middle and have 5-7 yards free field to get up to speed before any of our defenders touch them. This has got to be addressed if we are ever to advance.

I approve this message.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
The Radish":3ra9cf84 said:
1. Our receivers are very haphazard about getting past the 1st down marker before turning to catch the ball and wind up short. Quality receivers like Jerry Rice, Steve Largent, JJ or Brandon Stokely don't make mistakes like that.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Rice rarely stays on his feet long enough to get YAC when he catches the ball...

Hawkadeus

Reaction score
The Radish":220svowl said:
Quality receivers like Largent, JJ or Brandon Stokely don't make mistakes like that.

So you're saying we need to sign Jordan Shipley.

SeahawkDreadlocks

Reaction score
I was expecting this thread to say our 3rd down defense and red zone offense...

Seriously, is there a worst combo of weaknesses out there?

ivotuk

Reaction score
The Radish":3083vbf8 said:

A lot of this has to do with poor down field blocking by our receivers and tight ends. Detroit on the other hand had excellent down field blocking and that was a huge factor in them winning the game.

It's not so much the dink and dunk that was killing us, it was the opponents ability to prevent tacklers from getting a clean shot at the receiver.

Down field blocking, one of the most under rated abilities in this game. Tate, learn how to do it damnit! You are terrible at that right now.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
Which is kind of weird about the wr blocking aspect because last year, one thing that Rice did impress me with was his blocking. I haven't seen that this year from him.

OP
OP
The Radish

The Radish

Reaction score
Largent80":3c0mrtxf said:
2 words....

ZONE DEFENSE

Wish I could have made the letters larger.

You forgot a couple of words Rob.

TWO DEEP ZONE DEFENSE,,,,,prevents you from winning.

:roll:

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
The Radish":34v1sbzo said:

That's the risk of playing press coverage in man.

Right now we're 10th in pass efficiency defense and teams are throwing the ball on us 64% of the time(5th highest in the NFL). I think we should chalk up some of the struggles we had to the quality of QB's we've played so far, and the number of times the ball gets thrown on us. All in all, the pass D has been pretty good. Not elite, but good.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
So what you are really saying Radish is you hate the receiving corps for performing at a poor level, and the defense for giving up the easy yardage. ;)

OP
OP
The Radish

The Radish

Reaction score
Bakergirl":22iqtdaw said:
So what you are really saying Radish is you hate the receiving corps for performing at a poor level, and the defense for giving up the easy yardage. ;)

Damn! looking back I guess it does say that. lol

:les:

bellyfat

Reaction score
1. Time management near the ending the first half
2. Play calling at the ending of the first half

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Why on earth did we ever let Brandon Stokely go. Looking really stupid right now.

Latest posts