Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: For our East Coast .NET'ers, check in!!!
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:20 am 
* NET Landlord *

Just wanted to ask for some of the .NET regulars living around New York and New Jersey to post here and let us know you're good after Sandy. Hoping to hear from NJSeahawks and others very soon!!

Post subject: Re: For our East Coast .NET'ers, check in!!!
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:23 am 
NET Veteran

Got lucky most people by me have no power . I've never seen so many downed trees and power lines ever. It was crazy last night!

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:26 am 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *

Love this post. I was going to suggest that all our East coast guys identify themselves before the storm hit and then check in afterward. That way we would know who to worry about. Hope all are doing okay.

Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:30 am 
NET Rookie

NY here. Checking in and all is good. I am not in the city and we were lucky to not have received as much damage and rain.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:38 am 
NET Practice Squad

Right in South Jersey...hence the SJ in my name. Crazy winds...but no damage and everyones safe. All good.

Certainly helped to get my mind off the Det game.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:27 am 
NET Veteran

all good , just a bunch of trees down

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:33 am 
* NET Radish *

Fuddhawk lives somewhere in New Joisey.

:les:

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:46 am 
NET Veteran

Glad to hear some are ok, my positive thoughts are sent out to the eastcoast.netters and anyone else affected by this.

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:52 am 
NET Veteran

Man, we got alot of jersey hawks here. Hope you all are doin well

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:00 am 
* Report Button *

I'm doing okay, thanks for asking Mark.

It's pretty wet and rainy here. While outside smoking, I actually had to wear shoes instead of my usual flip-flops. I know that sound horrific, but I'm okay, truly. Yes, shoes are uncomfortable, but I make do. Also, my internet seems a tad slow. I'm pretty upset about that.

I do have to venture out today, and there's a good chance my Gucci shoes contact moisture. I've contaced FEMA and Jazzhawk to get a chairty thread going to replace my Gucci shoes. The important thing is during this whole thing I dont lose my style.

Again, thoughts and prayers are with those on the Eastside.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:16 am 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *

Prayers with all of those affected. It's easy to stay desensitized and distant over here on the west coast, forgetting how seriously so many people's lives are being affected.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:21 am 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]

I have many family and dear friends living in New Jersey...So far, they all made it okay. Most escaped the direct flooding but have been without power since 8pm EST or so. One of them had their bottom floor flood though. Nasty, nasty storm. My thoughts are with everyone over there.

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:59 am 
NET Veteran

We are ok in central nj. No power could be out a long time. One sixty ft tree down in my backyard but not near the house. Sucks but at least we are safe. If power not back by sunday 4pm i will be heading to sports bar for first time in many years. Go Hawks!

Win Forever!

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:38 pm 
NET Veteran

Northern Jersey here, North Bergen to be exact ...my immediate vicinity escaped unscathed...but all the roads to get into nyc are closed by me, as well as major roads around here..pretty crazy that I got out ok...prayers and thoughts to families who were affected by this.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:21 pm 
USAF BadAss

Power still out in parts of Virginia but otherwise we're in pretty good shape.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:10 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

in toronto got lucky too some power out but got missed only couple of trees down but for the most part not bad.

Mike Bullene ‏@12thManM1ke 45m
@TDESPN Though, you did say the other night you cannot win the SB riding a defense. Even though you are literally the poster child for that. --twittered back at dilfer after he tried to slam hawks fans.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:18 pm 
NET Veteran

Sandy hit Delaware pretty directly. A beach here called Rehobeth was hit pretty hard and it seems most of the boardwalk has been washed away from what I've heard.

My school has been closed for 3 days now due to a nearby river flooding. Atlantic City in Jersey is basically underwater, I've heard. Much of us here in Delaware are without power, I'm thankful that I am not one of those affected.

All in all, it could've been worse, but it hit a lot of us pretty hard. Ripped a little paneling off of my house. That's about the extent of the damage to my home.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:33 pm 
* 17Power Blogger *

All my thoughts and prayers to those affected. 100% willing to donate to any initiative .net puts forth to help out.

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:23 am 
* NET Radish *

Aros wrote:
I have many family and dear friends living in New Jersey...So far, they all made it okay. Most escaped the direct flooding but have been without power since 8pm EST or so. One of them had their bottom floor flood though. Nasty, nasty storm. My thoughts are with everyone over there.

For those of you that don't know, Aros son lives in Joisey. Couldn't get any contact by phone but texting worked to let him know they are ok but with no power for who knows how long.

From what I read in our paper this morning and my internet home page there are areas there that will be without power for maybe as much as a couple of weeks. That sucks, especially near winter.

I hope these people with no power know someone with a generator to keep their phones charged so they at least have some contact with the world outside their own homes. When we moved to our persent home there was a storm that put lots of Spokane out of power for a couple of weeks. We had friends coming over just to get out of the lantern/candle powered light and see what electircity looked like.

So we went and purchased a gasoline generator just in case, now use it for home and our travel trailer.

:les:

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:06 pm 
NET Practice Squad

Binghamton here, 3 and half hours north west of NYC and an hour south Syracuse. We all lucked out up here. They were calling for some pretty bad stuff with high winds and rain and all but it pretty much broke up before it got here. Thank god! We were hit last September with a really bad flood that some people out here are still recovering from. The threat of sandy had a lot of people on edge. Our prayers up here go out to the people down state who took the brunt of the storm.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:16 pm 
NET Rookie

Upstate NY, midway between Syracuse & Utica. We were fortunate. Predictions were for lots of rain and sustained winds with gusts up to 60mph.....as far as I can tell, that all missed us. Wind scares me. We had a very large tree come down on the house 2 years ago. It took out 8 trusses and wound up in my bedroom.....I don't ever want to go through that again. I feel bad for anyone that loses their home.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:03 am 
NET Practice Squad

Could be without power for another week - but I'm good! As long as I find a way to see my hawks this weekend.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:00 am 
NET Starter

My part of central Massachusetts held up pretty well. The house didn't even lose power. I did miss Monday, but was back at work by Tuesday. Doing quite well, thanks!

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:07 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

Morris County New Jersey Here. Power is out for 80% of northern NJ.Maybe 10 more days till power is restored. But my thoughts and prayers go out to all that lost homes across the Jersey shore it will not be the same, but we will rebuild. I think the hawks can win out the season looking at the schedule, Any other Northern NJ Hawk fans hit me up i'm always the lone guy rooting for the Hawks at my local bar.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:49 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

I live in Cape May NJ and we are the lucky ones anyone north of us up the entire eastern coast all the way to boston was effected by this storm some coastly areas will take years to be completely restored to how it once was .....All my family and friends are ok and my house had no damage cant wait to get back to some hawks football to get things back to normal a little around here .... :lol:

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:40 pm 
NET Veteran

Thanks for the concern guys. Another reason that .Net is one of the greatest places on earth.

Got lucky here in Jackson Heights, Queens in NYC. Some surrounding areas, including the area where I work in Long Island City, got hit pretty hard. Trees down, flooding, no power, etc. However we got lucky where I am from, no doubt about it.

There are parts of Queens, like Breezy Point, that look like a third world country. The subways are down and my boss just had to give me a ride home and there is no gas at most gas stations. The random stations that do have gas have a 3 hour line and police line around them with cops monitoring how much gas everyone is taking. People lined up for hours with gas cannisters in their hand trying to manually acquire gas. It's nuts! This world and it's dumbed down humanity are not ready for a post-apocalyptic world that's for damn sure haha

Really appreciate the thread though, very nice of everybody involved.

Go Hawks!

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:29 am 
* NET Landlord *

Great to hear from everyone. Hopefully some of the others can post once they get power & cell service back!

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:50 am 
NET Veteran

Still no power after five days. Staying at a friends. Not sure where im watching game tmrw. Have not missed one since 1995 have to figure this out.

Win Forever!

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:52 am 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *

JonRud wrote:
Still no power after five days. Staying at a friends. Not sure where im watching game tmrw. Have not missed one since 1995 have to figure this out.

Are you and your wife still making it out for a game this year? I thought you were coming for the Jets? Just putting my nose where it doesn't belong. :th2thumbs:

Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:58 pm 
NET Veteran

I am planning to fly out solo for Cards game. Taking the wife to Toronto following week for Bills game.

Win Forever!

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:46 pm 
NET Veteran

Rochester, NY - most everyone doing well here, and thankful the damage our way wasn't nearly as bad as anticipated. Hope to see some of you at the Bills game, but even that's questionable now due to completely unrelated and unforeseen circumstances. If not, maybe we'll catch you in 2020.

But I have to ask...does this thread count as East Coast Bias?

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]