Habib, et al

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Habib, et al
Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:18 am
  • I was thinking about how great it would be to have an OL that plays well as SF's, and needed some consoling, when suddenly out of nowhere I recalled the RG we had under Holmgren that hopped around on a bum leg (Habib).

I know there's still much room for improvement with the current group, but they are far-and-away better than the nightmarish situation we had back then. I remember House Ballard going down at the end of the 98 season, but can't recall for the life of me the unremarkable fella who replaced him. Glover had a career ending injury and was replaced at C by Chris Gray.

We had, from left to right, Walt Jones, Pete Kendal, Chris Gray, Brian Habib, and ????? Can anyone remember the RT's name?

Anyhow, we didn't have it so bad from LT to C, but the entire RH side was a cluster f###! That was the major reason we backed into the post-season and laid an egg against the Jets. Glad those days are gone. We damn near regressed back to that, but thankfully we deep-sixed Ruskell before he went totally Dungee era Tampa Bay our azz. :mrgreen:
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Re: Habib, et al
Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:23 am
  • Todd Weiner?
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:45 am
  • Grant Williams was the starter at RT for the 1999 season (Holmgren's first year coaching the Seahawks)
    Chris McIntosh was drafted in 2000 to play RT, and started 10 of 16 games before injuries cut his career short
    Todd Weiner started the majority of the games in 2001
    Spleenhawk2.0
    NET Rookie

Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:03 am
  • Don't be knockin' Chris Gray, I loved that dude. He was 10% talent, 90% heart.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:14 am
  • Habib sucked a mean one. I can remember him getting mowed over repeatedly in the Kingdome against the Broncos (his former team) and then laughing it up and high fiving and celebrating with his old teammates after the game. The guy was the human false start machine and was the worst player dollar for dollar in Seahawks history, followed closely by "Mr. Heart" Grant Wistrom, who had like 5 sacks in his biggest year here. Nice work Trader Bob. Moron.

Habib got to the point where his own teammates hated him and were ragging on him constantly and asking for him to be benched. He just took the money and run, as he got more in his first year with signing bonus than he'd have gotten for signing a long-term deal with the Broncos who were ready to let him go anyway unless he'd take minimum salary. What a horrible horrible deal.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:37 am
  • Spleenhawk2.0 wrote:Grant Williams was the starter at RT for the 1999 season (Holmgren's first year coaching the Seahawks)
    Chris McIntosh was drafted in 2000 to play RT, and started 10 of 16 games before injuries cut his career short
    Todd Weiner started the majority of the games in 2001

Nice! Good work. Weiner went on to play pretty well for Atlanta for quite a few years IIRC. In fact a lot of our guys from those late 90's, early 2000's lines went on to have pretty good careers elsewhere. Kendall had some good years and Mawae is a borderline HOFer.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:55 am
  • SharkHawk wrote:The guy was the human false start machine and was the worst player dollar for dollar in Seahawks history, followed closely by "Mr. Heart" Grant Wistrom, who had like 5 sacks in his biggest year here. Nice work Trader Bob. Moron.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa..

Wistrom had 4.5 sacks, he never hit 5. :mrgreen:

(But yeah that was such an awful contract.. I remember hearing about that at Hooters :lol: and then drinking - a lot.)
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:59 am
  • Hey dude, I was rounding for the benefit of the still existent Wistrom lovers that pervade the hallowed halls of Seahawks.NET. ;)
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:21 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information