Tuinei

NJHawksFan

Reaction score
"The man above works in mysterious ways! God is Good #Blessed #Thankful #Ready" - @LavasierTuinei

This means one of three things considering the new WR situation:

1. He was signed to the practice squad and Kearse was signed to the roster.'

2. He was signed to the roster.

3. It is irrelevant and means nothing.

Let the rumors begin

arghawkfan

Reaction score
He is playing for the Montreal Alouettes in the CFL...could mean anything

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
You forgot:

4.) It is a sad state of affairs that the Hawks give two sh*ts about what Lavasier Tuinei is doing at this point in his development.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Our receiving group is a beat up mess right now. According to Carroll they are keeping an eye on the situation and haven't ruled out making a move for a wide receiver. They didn't have any details during his presser about the conditions of Obo, Edwards, and they would likely not know anything until later in the week. Baldwin is almost guaranteed not to play this week, so that leaves us with 3 WR on the roster. We need AT least one more to go into this week without any depth. I'd say with the status on Edwards knee being unknown, we almost have to make some kind of move, but who do we release? None of the receivers are hurt bad enough to IR them.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Sign Deon Butler and Mike Williams if they are healthy and in somewhere near game shape. PLEASE! I'm sure Deon's in shape, and he knows the playbook extremely well.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Deon Butler wasn't effective in several years here - if you're looking for a wideout, I don't understand what makes anyone think he'd be better than what we have. And if Williams couldn't beat out Braylon Edwards, I would say the same about him.

Unless we actually do trade for Bowe, which I might favor (depending on the cost), I think wideout is going to have to wait for free agency and the draft.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
jkitsune":1vgs7es1 said:
Deon Butler wasn't effective in several years here - if you're looking for a wideout, I don't understand what makes anyone think he'd be better than what we have. And if Williams couldn't beat out Braylon Edwards, I would say the same about him.

Unless we actually do trade for Bowe, which I might favor (depending on the cost), I think wideout is going to have to wait for free agency and the draft.

He's a place filler. We have 3 injured receivers who likely won't play this week. We had Turbin playing WR last game. I am not saying Deon Butler is going to go catch 15 balls and 5 TD's. I'm saying we are short on roster players to even play the position in a game that takes place in 6 days. Who makes more sense to bring in? A guy that knows the playbook and can run the routes, or some rookie? Or keep feeding the ball to Charly Martin, who has been in the league as long as Butler and done even less? Well Martin will be starting for us come Sunday and I'd feel better knowing he isn't our only healthy WR. Wouldn't you? So who is your choice? We can't talk college players obviously, so we are stuck with who's available on the waiver wire unless we make a trade, and the only player available is supposedly Bowe, but he doesn't know our offense and the Chiefs want at least 1 first rounder AND players for him. That's ridiculous.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Is our WR corps more depleted this week than it was last week? I genuinely didn't realize it would be any different. If so, I see your point.

That said, I would just as soon see them line Heath Miller up at wideout in those situations, as he's likely a more dangerous receiver than whatever scrub we sign off the PS.

ivotuk

Reaction score
jkitsune":1v7wv6kj said:

Unless we actually do trade for Bowe, which I might favor
(depending on the cost), I think wideout is going to have to wait for free agency and the draft.

Good God no! His contract is up this year and who know's what he will demand on the open market, plus what we would have to give up to get him. Then put him in an offense he doesn't know half way through the season? We don't need Deon Branch the 2nd.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
jkitsune":n6ilk9qs said:
Is our WR corps more depleted this week than it was last week? I genuinely didn't realize it would be any different. If so, I see your point.

That said, I would just as soon see them line Heath Miller up at wideout in those situations, as he's likely a more dangerous receiver than whatever scrub we sign off the PS.

Yes it is more depleted. Now Obo is hurt as well and likely will be out, Edwards is hurt and likely out since he can't move his knee despite a draining procedure on Saturday, Baldwin is out yet again, and then we have injuries to Turbin and Lynch to deal with as well. We're very VERY thin on offense. Right now we're looking at Sidney Rice and Charly Martin as our only true WR's that are available as of right now.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Butler is no scrub. Despite the size difference, I would give Edwards' spot to him in a second and do so permanently. No to Bowe. Too much money and we can do as well, for less money, in the draft. Big Mike is likely frikin HUGE Mike about now. Owens would probably be a better option and I can't believe I just said that.

jkitsune

Reaction score
SharkHawk":2i9u8asd said:
jkitsune":2i9u8asd said:

Yes it is more depleted. Now Obo is hurt as well and likely will be out, Edwards is hurt and likely out since he can't move his knee despite a draining procedure on Saturday, Baldwin is out yet again, and then we have injuries to Turbin and Lynch to deal with as well. We're very VERY thin on offense. Right now we're looking at Sidney Rice and Charly Martin as our only true WR's that are available as of right now.

Oh really? I didn't realize. Well in that case, I could get behind giving Butler a shot.

I don't see what the opposition to Bowe is based on, unless it's cost of the trade. I would imagine a trade would be predicated upon a new contract, as many trades are, and that we would not risk being unable to sign him if we're going to trade anything worthwhile. And Branch and Bowe are nothing, NOTHING alike. Branch was a good but not great receiver who won Super Bowl MVP on an incredible Patriots team and, like Jeff Weaver, translated strong postseason performance and a mediocre season into an overwhelming contract for some naive team who has never heard of 'small sample sizes' and 'error bars.'

Bowe, on the other hand, has had several legitimately stellar years for a bad KC offense over a long period of time. For a team that is desperate for a playmaker of Bowe's caliber, I don't see how you can afford to be diametrically opposed to the idea. There's no guarantee you can 'do better' in the draft.

Maybe the asking price is too high, or Bowe's contract demands are too high. I wouldn't move heaven and Earth for him this year. But if this is a guy tha twill be on your team for the next 4 years, he could transform a struggling Seahawks offense.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Bowe is playing under the franchise tag, so I'm pretty sure a new deal can't be negotiated until the offseason. So you'd be trading a pick for a rental with no guarantees beyond that. Given that, I don't see a team giving up a pick higher than the conditional pick KC can get when he walks.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'd love to line up Heath Miller on the outside, if we had him.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
SharkHawk":8g8jnr7y said:
Sign Deon Butler and Mike Williams if they are healthy and in somewhere near game shape. PLEASE! I'm sure Deon's in shape, and he knows the playbook extremely well.

Mike WIlliams? Lol....he is awful.....why would you want him back?

hawker84

Reaction score
i say give martin some looks, he impressed me in the pre season , made some very tough catches.. he has that stokley, welker toughness over the middle about him.. i like him, plus you know he's hungry to get some playing time, you know he'll be going balls out every play.....unlike the starters..

Latest posts