Names that Russell Wilson has a better QB rating than

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Well, then. It seems the plan to 'protect' him with a conservative play book that everyone has been championing has worked wonders-our record be damned.

Fox0r

Reaction score
They have opened up the playbook. He threw the ball 35 times last game and last time I checked, the defense lost the game.

RW is the future. Pete made a good decision starting him.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
bestfightstory":f7ivxe51 said:
Well, then. It seems the plan to 'protect' him with a conservative play book that everyone has been championing has worked wonders-our record be damned.
At this juncture last Season, what was our record with vetran T. Jackson? because the fact of this matter, is that Jackson was held up by that same "Conservative Play Book", and I suspect that Flynn would have been reigned in to the same reserved play calls.
Indy must have the same "Conservative Play Book" for Luck, because it's obvious that he's being held back too eh?. :roll:

bestfightstory

Reaction score
scutterhawk":p06r1jpa said:
bestfightstory":p06r1jpa said:
At this juncture last Season, what was our record with vetran T. Jackson? because the fact of this matter, is that Jackson was held up by that same "Conservative Play Book", and I suspect that Flynn would have been reigned in to the same reserved play calls.
Indy must have the same "Conservative Play Book" for Luck, because it's obvious that he's being held back too eh?. :roll:

I think i with you while also disagreeing with you and, all the while, not knowing what the hell you are saying. well done!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
bestfightstory":vl04ceyh said:
scutterhawk":vl04ceyh said:
bestfightstory":vl04ceyh said:

I think i with you while also disagreeing with you and, all the while, not knowing what the hell you are saying. well done!
I reread my post, and confirmed that it was indeed, english.

I suppose if I posted more in the abstract, as others seem to like doing, you'd have a better grasp of the matter, oh well.
Wilson is doing pretty damned good, considering he's playing with a lot of constraints, and a detuned play book.
I understand Petes motive in bringing him along slower than we'd all like him to.
I think Wilson has shown PC that he has a pretty good grasp on what's expected of him from here on out.

Hawkadeus

Reaction score
Wilson's stats (AS A ROOKIE) are just about identical to Phillip Rivers, better than former #1 overall picks' Sam Bradford, Cam Newton, and Andrew Luck.

I'm guessing if we had any of them, we'd still have fans calling for Matt Flynn, right? ;)

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Hawkadeus":2q8em50e said:
Wilson's stats (AS A ROOKIE) are just about identical to Phillip Rivers, better than former #1 overall picks' Sam Bradford, Cam Newton, and Andrew Luck.

I'm guessing if we had any of them, we'd still have fans calling for Matt Flynn, right? ;)

If they are playing poorly then of course.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Wilson's playing well at this point and he's showing a lot of promise and consistent improvement. I'm 100% satisfied with him as are starter at this point.

Hawkadeus

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":302qq2al said:
Hawkadeus":302qq2al said:

Hurry up and offer those teams Flynn!! I want 2 first rounders!

Sorry Techworlds. I disagree. I dont see anyone in the world calling to replace a guy we drafted #1 overall, a couple seasons into his career for a career backup. It just wouldnt happen. Fans give much more credit and slack to high draft choices.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Hawkadeus":8ahkuv7n said:
Tech Worlds":8ahkuv7n said:
Hawkadeus":8ahkuv7n said:

Hurry up and offer those teams Flynn!! I want 2 first rounders!

Sorry Techworlds. I disagree. I dont see anyone in the world calling to replace a guy we drafted #1 overall, a couple seasons into his career for a career backup. It just wouldnt happen. Fans give much more credit and slack to high draft choices.

Well then you weren't around for John Elway's rookie year.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Fox0r":2783avt1 said:
They have opened up the playbook. He threw the ball 35 times last game and last time I checked, the defense lost the game.

You could easily argue that Wilson had 2 incompletions that could have put the game away .. the overthrow to Rice and the interception where he had Rice completely uncovered.

Wilson IS improving.. but don't pin the loss squarely on the defense, the offense - led by the almighty chosen one - played its role too.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":33i39w3s said:
Fox0r":33i39w3s said:

You could easily argue that Wilson had 2 incompletions that could have put the game away .. the overthrow to Rice and the interception where he had Rice completely uncovered.

Wilson IS improving.. but don't pin the loss squarely on the defense, the offense - led by the almighty chosen one - played its role too.

The loss falls on both sides of the ball, just like every other loss the Seahawks have experienced this season.

That said, the loss to the Lions can be rightfully put more on the defense than the offense, whereas in most of our other losses, the offense shouldered most of the blame (but not all, since 3rd down defense has been an issue all season long).

In the end, we can look at the Lions game and hope that it represents a continued progression on offense, but a fixable anomaly on defense. I guess we'll see which it is.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1qfb7fn0 said:
Fox0r":1qfb7fn0 said:

Passive aggressive at it's finest right there. The rest of your reply was just fine, and true, but that had no purpose except insulting those you don't agree with.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1glksfjj said:
Fox0r":1glksfjj said:

What overthrow are you referring to? If you are suggesting the long bomb that Rice dropped as an overthrow, than I think you are mistaken. Rice misjudged the ball and ultimately failed to make the play. It hit him in the hands. There wasn't much more Wilson could have done.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1s7pk6j6 said:
Hasselbeck":1s7pk6j6 said:
Fox0r":1s7pk6j6 said:

Passive aggressive at it's finest right there. The rest of your reply was just fine, and true, but that had no purpose except insulting those you don't agree with.

Yes, very.

bellingerga

Reaction score
Fox0r":b5ambzip said:

RW is the future. Pete made a good decision starting him.

100% agreed F0xor.

I feel like he keeps getting better every week and that was what I wanted to see, in order to keep my faith in him.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":25yz5hy8 said:
Fox0r":25yz5hy8 said:

Boy I like that one,,When Wilson wasn't getting it done in some of our losses, there were a bunch around here calling for Pete to pull the trigger, and put Flynn in the game, and at the same time, almost everybody was giving accolades to the Defense for holding up their end of the bargain, and then Wilson has to SHARE the blame when it was the Defense that screwed the pooch?, not only no way, but, no damn way.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I (think) I am glad Pete started him. There is not enough criteria to say Pete made the right decision in starting him. I do like his progress and I'm happy he's a Hawk, but had Pete started Flynn, and Flynn went onto lead the league in every important offensive catagory...well, you see where this is going. Wilson is our guy, I'm happy with him and I'm happy Flynn is ready (?) if called upon.

To those wanting to trade Flynn, I only have this to ask...WTF?

I think fans like these are the rollercoaster fans that scream superbowl one week and want to slash their wrists the next. Right now, we are just North of slightly above average. Without Flynn's availability to spell Wilson, we are one play away from being slightly south of shitty. IMO.