If Arizona loses tonight we control our own destiny

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
You can't ask for anything more than that of a playoff contender. If Arizona loses tonight and falls to 4-4, then the only two teams ahead of us for the Wildcard spot are Minnesota and Green Bay. We can't catch Green Bay without help, so we don't control whether we get the 5th seed, but the 6th seed will become ours to lose should SF beat Arizona tonight. Then it's in our own hands to beat Minnesota and Arizona, which would put us in the drivers seat for the 6th seed.

If Az wins tonight and we beat them later, we end up tied with them, but they may well hold a tiebreaker come season's end so that isn't good enough to control our own destiny. It does, however, leave us a slim shot at the division.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Arizona is not going to win out, so I would rather them take down the 49ers and keep the 49ers from building a bigger cushion for the division lead.

pehawk

Reaction score
Go, 49ers.

Que the BFS post question the masculanity of my fandom.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
So what? I still want the division as long as we are playing make-believe. Go CARDS!

AZ and Minnesota will both freefall regardless of what occurs tonight.

(And it is 'cue' you high-school dropout)

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Go, meteor.

We win the NFC West by default because the Rams are still barely an NFL team.

SeaMeat

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1x3betdt said:
Arizona is not going to win out, so I would rather them take down the 49ers and keep the 49ers from building a bigger cushion for the division lead.
I just don't see it in the cards for Seattle to win the Division this year - but I am hoping.

5th or 6th Seed is more likely.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
I'm leaning towards the Cards tonight.
It simply gives us more options if they win.

When it comes down to it, we need to do our work and it doesn't matter what anyone else does.
Its time to start beating up teams that aren't ridiculous on either side of the ball.
Giddy Up!

pehawk

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3bekcsdq said:
So what? I still want the division as long as we are playing make-believe. Go CARDS!

Diplomas, degrees and proper spelling are for my employees and those who make less than me.

OP
OP
SalishHawkFan

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
pehawk":1cqiaiqv said:
bestfightstory":1cqiaiqv said:

Diplomas, degrees and proper spelling are for my employees and those who make less than me.
oooooohhhhhh! I'd call that a Skadooosh!!!!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
To hell with this; go Cardinals! The Cards have a tougher second half of the season than the 49ers, and the 49ers are better than them. I doubt the Cardinals win the division, but possibly; we need the 49ers to be kept in check so we can try and go on a run with our last 8 games to try and win the division.

hawker84

Reaction score
i'm sorry, rooting on the niners is like kissing my sister, i just can't do it... i hate their guts and i hate their fans more... and i hate their coach on a much higher level that i can't talk about in this forum... my joy is the niner fans misery and pain. GO Cards!!! i'll take my chances down the road... this is from my heart not my head....

Hawks46

Reaction score
It's kind of a win-win either way.

Cards win, we have a better shot at the division. But then again, so do they, and they also beat us, so they would hold a tiebreaker in divisional record. This could also lead to us and the Niners meeting for the divisional title in December, which would be cool as hell.

49ers win, and we have a better shot at the wildcard. But, the Niners then get a 2 game lead on us that we probably won't pick up.

I'd have to say, as mediocre as we've been, as inconsistent as both sides of the ball can be, I'd have to root for AZ. It's the most likely way we get into the playoffs

PGA45

Reaction score
Our schedule is a cake walk compared to ARIZONA, MINN, GB, SF, DET, and TB......They all play each other and have rather difficult schedules compared to ours. We get 5 home games over the next 8. 6-2 gets it done.....The next 2 games are must win IMO.

12thMan1

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":17cvt1v1 said:
Go, meteor.

We win the NFC West by default because the Rams are still barely an NFL team.

Barely a team that beat ours apparently.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Cardinals may only win 2-3 more games the rest of this season, at best. The "fun" part of their schedule lurks.

They have already lost 3 straight. Tonight would be 4...then next it's @ Green Bay and @ Atlanta. That should be a 6-game losing streak.

Freefall time for the little red birds.

sutz

Reaction score
I'd still rather the Cards win. I'm on the "Keep SF in check a bit" team.

Besides, I can't root for the wild card as a first option, no matter how 'logical' it might sound. First goal is always to win the division. If the Niners win, that becomes much harder and less likely, though they too, have some tough games ahead of them.

Seeker

Reaction score
I'm not worried about getting into the playoffs, i'm just not seeing the point if we aren't sure who we are. Are we a NYG type team (in the making) that can suck but get into the playoffs and superbowl it? or are we a glad to be here one and done team. That new orleans game was thrilling and all, but minus the beast quake and i'd looooooove to have that pic right now for a big name receiver (the only missing ingrdient).

seedhawk

Reaction score
We do control our own destiny. We are the only team in the league that wound up playing it's 1st 3 division games on the road, 1 of them a Thurs nite game on a short week.

In the NFC, we are basically ahead of the game as, all teams in the North have 5 division games remaining. Beat yourselves up guys. The East is a dogs stew, only team to emerge at the end being the Giants, and we all know how well they do at home. South, Falcs basically run away with it as the Aint's are in one hell of a hole, and TB despite moxie is just not there yet.

Anyone else at least kinda/sorts smell there could be 3 NFC West teams in at the end?