Weirdness

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
If you would have told me that Marshawn Lynch would rush for 100 yds on the road against St. Louis, San Francisco and Detroit...I would have put money down we would come out of that at least 2-1. Glad I didn't.

Instead, we lost all 3. And in the one road game we pulled out (Carolina), he DIDN'T rush for 100 yds.

Just weird.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Not only that, but he scored a TD in the Rams and Lions game too.

Makes it even more weird.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It is weird in the fact that over a 100 yards usually means Lynch was pounding out yards in the 4th qtr to run the clock down protecting a lead........like the Dallas game.

Which sucks cause if the end of last year showed anything, it's that the O-Line loves to pound on opponents in the 2nd half of games, yet this year we've been fighting for our lives trying to pull games out in the 4th quarter, which minimizes the strength of Lynch and our O-Line.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Well it makes it less weird when you factor in one of his runs was what 70 yards? He only ran the ball 12 times.

Really not that strange from yesterdays game.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Steve2222":2vp5v7o0 said:
Well it makes it less weird when you factor in one of his runs was what 70 yards? He only ran the ball 12 times.

I'm pretty sure the 77-yarder still counts. :mrgreen:

What is even more strange is that he ONLY ran it 12 times.

But back to the point...100 yard efforts, especially on the road, normally translate to Wins - and we have lost all 3.

suppaball

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3r9o5kdq said:
Steve2222":3r9o5kdq said:

But back to the point...100 yard efforts, especially on the road, normally translate to Wins - and we have lost all 3.
its a passing league it means we need to throw the football to score more to win.

Hawkadeus

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2az4cqf5 said:
Steve2222":2az4cqf5 said:

Sure, the long run counts. But it doesn't take away from the fact that besides that single play, their running game was not working too well. A well working running game for an entire game (not just one play) means you're able to control the ball and set the pace of the game. That doesnt happen when most of your yards come off one single play.

I will give you the fact that they only ran the ball 12 times. But given the way Detroit was playing the run, that factored in. Had the Hawks been running for more overall success, they would've stuck with it.

This isn't anything new either. The run game has been not so great the past 3 games. Funny enough, it seems the o-line's run blocking has taken a few steps back at the same time it's pass blocking has improved. Maybe it's simply the fact that we've played 3 teams with good run d. I dont know. Its something to consider on the whole.