Penalties - well done

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Penalties - well done
Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:58 am
  • As much as we cracked on it earlier this season, I have to give the coaches and players credit for stemming the tide.

I'm not sure what the numbers are the last few games, but its MUCH improved - and no bone head ones either.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Re: Penalties - well done
Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:09 pm
  • FlyingGreg wrote:As much as we cracked on it earlier this season, I have to give the coaches and players credit for stemming the tide.

I'm not sure what the numbers are the last few games, but its MUCH improved - and no bone head ones either.

Despite the loss, the lack of penalties REALLY helped keep my blood pressure down.
    Lieutenant Dan
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:11 pm
  • So we know that the coaches can identify a problem area and get the players to work on it.

Maybe the coaches can do the same with their 3rd down defense (though I imagine that they'll need to turn that focus on themselves).

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:18 pm
  • I wrote about this in my Preview piece this past week. That IS one of the true bright spots of this team. Here is what I wrote going in to the Lions game ...

Much has been made about the Seahawks and their penalty situation. In their first 3 games, the Seahawks committed an almost unthinkable 32 penalties. But for all the airtime that Seahawk fans have been spending jamming the airwaves with complaints … that trend has actually changed dramatically. For those who haven’t been paying attention … since the Green Bay game and the return of the NFL’s regular referees … the Seahawks have just 19 miscues in 4 games. If you haven’t done the math in your head, let me lay it out for you …

In Games Officiated by Replacement Refs …
    @ Cardinals ……………… 13 penalties
    Home against Cowboys ….... 5 penalties
    Home against Packers ….… 14 penalties
    Average Penalties/Game …. 10.66 penalties/game
    ------------------------------------------------------
    In Games Officiated by Regular Refs …
    @ Rams ……………………. 5 penalties
    @ Panthers ………………… 7 penalties
    Home against Patriots ……… 4 penalties
    @ SF 49ers …………………. 3 penalties
    Average Penalties/Game …. 4.75 penalties/game

Over their last 3 games then the Seahawks have averaged just 4.7 penalties/game … which (believe it or not) is the 4th FEWEST in the NFL.

Yesterday, the Hawks had only 2 penalties for 10 yards. So that trend has continued. In fact, over the Seahawks last 3 games, they have averaged only 3 penalties/game. That's the FEWEST number of penalties in the NFL. At least there's at least one positive we can hang our hats on.
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *

Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:26 pm
  • volsunghawk wrote:So we know that the coaches can identify a problem area and get the players to work on it.

Maybe the coaches can do the same with their 3rd down defense (though I imagine that they'll need to turn that focus on themselves).

I expect Pete to jump knee deep into the 3rd down D like he did the penalties.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:25 pm
  • So let's see...lot's of penalties...winning record. No penalties...no wins. Ya, sounds good.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:13 pm
  • Jazzhawk wrote:So let's see...lot's of penalties...winning record. No penalties...no wins. Ya, sounds good.

... and 100 yard running games on the road ... where we lose (Stl, SF, Det).

Who the heck knows anymore, conventional wisdom is whacked.
    @SeahawkGreg

FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:51 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information