Poll: After 8 Games, How Do The Hawks Finish?

Poll: After 8 Games, How Do The Hawks Finish?

• 12-4. We win out. Take that negative nelly's! NFC West Champs

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • 11-5. Win every final game but one. Wildcard.

Votes: 12 8.3%
  • 10-6. Finish on a 6-2 hot streak. Wildcard.

Votes: 52 35.9%
  • 9-7. Finish a respectable 5-3 run to end the year. Possible Wildcard.

Votes: 53 36.6%
  • 8-8. Lose one game at home, lose all the road games. No playoffs.

Votes: 15 10.3%
  • 7-9 or worse. Hot Seat Time for PC.

Votes: 8 5.5%

• Total voters

bestfightstory

Reaction score
We could be 8-0 or 1-7 right now. We play a style of football wrought with mistakes from any and every direction in any given game. We rely too much on dramatic and fortunate endings to expect to go 6-2 from here on out. It's possible, sure. And so, I will hope for it. But I'm not going to expect us to suddenly begin to take control of games and if that doesn't happen 6-2 or better from here on out is a pipe dream.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think 9-7 is most realistic. That's giving them plenty of respect. But based on what I've seen on the road this year, I just can't see more than that.

Actually, scratch that. 8-8 is most realistic IMO. I hate to say it, but there she be.

Hawker

Reaction score
I cannot stop believing. 10-6. Finish strong at 6-2 one way or another. Need a win this week to hold a good tie breaker should the Vikings finish 10-6 as well.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'm going to go 9-7. With the trends of our opponents, combined with our trends, we should win 5 more games.

Unfortunately, we have some bad trends that we're not breaking, and it's getting more and more evident as teams get more film on us, while our offense seems to be trending upwards.

I don't have a lot of hope for the playoffs, but I really kinda gave up hope for that when we started a rookie QB. Not saying it's impossible, but it's historically improbable.

NEXT year, we're going to be the team to beat if our drafts follow the last few in success rate, and we manage to plug some holes (WR, OL).

kidhawk

Reaction score
I continue to be befuddled by this team. I think we could end up anywhere between 8-8 and 12-4, and honestly can't say which is more possible. I'm sticking with 10-6 for now. Not sure about the wild card...beating Minnesota would be a big step towards that Wild Card though

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
With the way our offense is improving - I'm right on the 10-6/9-7 line of demarcation. That's *IF* they unf*ck this 3rd down defense garbage ASAP.

I hate each of our remaining road games (Miami is pretty good and we always seem to struggle their; Chicago w/ Cutler is not going to be the Chicago w/ Hanie we munched on last season; all the way across the country and into ANOTHER country for Buffalo, although at least it's a 4pm EDT start).

I think we go 4-1 in our five remaining home games and pull out a win on the road. I think I just talked myself into 9-7.

5280Hawk

Reaction score
I like 10-6

But i also feel like this could be, (what we will look back on as), a very slow start, and this Sunday we catch fire!

I dont think we need to get to 12-4 to win the division either.

Really are the 9ers going 7-2 from here on out?

hawker84

Reaction score
10 and 6... it's do or die time, i think the coaching staff and players know it's crunch time, we are either going to get a heck of a lot better and pull out these winnable games or it's next year time.... 6 and 2 rest of the way out... i can feel it...if not oh well, go mariners!!!!

UUUUGGGGGGGGGGHHHH - the pain

gargantual

Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking.....9-7 (and what I voted for). The pessimistic side of me is thinking 8-8 since we can't really say the ball hasn't bounced our way our share of times like it seems to most years, AND the optimistic of me is thinking 10-6, so that's were my guess is coming from (in the middle of the two). 8-8 is by NO POSSIBLE FRIGGIN WAY good enough. No friggin Mora-esque "our record is better than last year" (by only one win) BS. It's not good enough. Mediocrity is not even close to being good enough.

Why does it always happen? We finally improve on the O side of things and then (of course!) our D shits the bed. The life of a Seahawks fan. It really sucks sometimes.

Ah crap. I suppose a young, inexperienced team is expected to be inconsistent, but it really gets discouraging at times.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
10-6 or 9-7 depending on how those 49ers and Miami games go.

I say:
Vikes W
Jets W
@Fins W (but I don't feel good with saying this is a W)
@Bears L
Cards W
@Bills W
49ers L (This one is 50/50 since I think the Hawks can win this game)
Rams W

That's 6-2 to finish the year and I think 9 or 10 wins with some tie breakers will give the Seahawks a shot at the playoffs. I also think having 5 of the final 8 games at home will be a big factor. I also think playing the Fins and Bills on the road will be tough (for this team) but I think they are both winnable games (due in large part to both having lower end QB's that the defense can push around a bit).

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I see this right now as an 8-8 or 9-7 team after the Lions game (which I thought we would win when I predicted 9-7 or 10-6).

So I voted 9-7 just to stay positive.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I voted for 10-6. I'm predicting an undefeated home campaign and 1 win on the road out of the 3 remaining.

I think all 3 road games are winable. But the defense needs to get it together and start forcing more turnovers. That's what really saved us the last half of last year. We were able to create alot of turnovers, so far this year we haven't been so lucky/fortunate.

If we are able to win 10 games this year- regardless if we make the playoffs than it will have been a successful year, IMO.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Aros":3isseptb said:
I think 9-7 is most realistic. That's giving them plenty of respect. But based on what I've seen on the road this year, I just can't see more than that.

Actually, scratch that. 8-8 is most realistic IMO. I hate to say it, but there she be.

This is what I say, if you step back and look at it without being a fan this is what you get.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
The two games that aren't "should win" are Chicago and SF. SF we can beat but they are a better team until we prove otherwise, imo. And, I can't very well pick us to win 3 of 3 on the road, so I went with 5-3 to finish out.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
I am going to make a bold prediction. 11-5. Further, the one remaining loss will NOT be Chicago like we all predict.

It will be either buffalo or Miami.

Never predicted before, so if this is wrong I probably never will again :)