Props out to Zac Miller

gargantual

Reaction score
Sorry if I missed someone already posting about this, but wasn't that catch in the end zone spectacular? That sort of extension-grab was something that was (barely) missed in the first game on those several near-touchdowns we had. It was thrilling to watch and a reminder that he was a Pro-Bowler for the Faiders before we signed him.

Big congrats Zac!

Hawks46

Reaction score
Yea, it's about time we can actually turn Miller loose. We're going to see a pro bowl caliber TE here if we can just get him into the game plan, and get a QB that will actually throw to TE's. Looks like Wilson will start to do that.

OP
OP
gargantual

gargantual

Reaction score
Yeah, it had me thinking about the "body control" comment that came several times in a previous game (which one was that again?). The announcer said it about one of the opponents and also about Golden Tate.

Nice stuff there.

pehawk

Reaction score
And, it'll be the last time Miller assumes a play's dead. I think he now knows, Wilson will keep the play alive, BE READY.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
gargantual":5m7qlrw6 said:
I didn't study the play, but just assumed that Wilson had overthrown it again a little. DID Miller start to give up and then realize that it was coming his way and adjust?

Nope. Not at all. It was a designed corner route and Miller had a hell of a catch.

pehawk

Reaction score
Yeah, youre right. Bad call on my part - watching it only once in a busy setting it appeared that he didn't expect the ball to come, at all.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
pehawk":3vdp7c5d said:
Yeah, youre right. Bad call on my part - watching it only once in a busy setting it appeared that he didn't expect the ball to come, at all.

I agree. It looked like Miller wasn't expecting it. If he was, I don't think he would've had to make a circus catch. Hell of a play though.

hawker84

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":34iae3pv said:
gargantual":34iae3pv said:
I didn't study the play, but just assumed that Wilson had overthrown it again a little. DID Miller start to give up and then realize that it was coming his way and adjust?

Nope. Not at all. It was a designed corner route and Miller had a hell of a catch.

not true, it was an up and out, not corner, and you can obviously see he wasn't expecting the ball initially, then he realized it was coming and did an outstanding job to adjust and make a hell of a one hand grab.. he was not expecting that ball... you can argue it, but IMO the body language tells the story.

Reaction score
It's all been said here, but I have to add how happy I was to see Miller nab that touchdown. I jumped up yelling 'FINALLY!! GREAT CATCH!" :)

Good for Zac, and I trust RW to remember that catch on future visits to the red zone and look for him again.

pehawk

Reaction score
hawker84":1yqqp5hs said:
Hasselbeck":1yqqp5hs said:
gargantual":1yqqp5hs said:

not true, it was an up and out, not corner, and you can obviously see he wasn't expecting the ball initially, then he realized it was coming and did an outstanding job to adjust and make a hell of a one hand grab.. he was not expecting that ball... you can argue it, but IMO the body language tells the story.

But that would mean Wilson threw Miller open on that, and was a good play by Russell, which would make Hasselbeck pouty.

OP
OP
gargantual

gargantual

Reaction score
pehawk":29kbk2gq said:
But that would mean Wilson threw Miller open on that, and was a good play by Russell, which would make Hasselbeck pouty.

Just GOTTA chuckle at that one.

Yah! Think I FINALLY figured out how to do that quotation thingy right. What a friggin "genius" I am.....sheesh....