Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Where's Leon Washington Been?
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:51 pm 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]

Just curious. Outside of a few decent returns this year, he just doesn't look explosive and gets taken down almost immediately.

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII

Post subject: Re: Where's Leon Washington Been?
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:52 pm 
* NET Radish *

Had a 45 yard return & almost broke it a couple of times in the last 2 games.

I admit their coverage was damned good. But he seems to break the first line a lot.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:53 pm 
NET Veteran

I personally blame the special teams coach

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:53 pm 
NET Veteran

The new kickoff rules make his contribution to the team almost zero. I hate it.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:56 pm 
NET Veteran

After some very quick stat checking, looks like Leon is 4th in average kickoff return yards, and 14th in punts (ahead of hester!) But things still feel less explosive

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:02 pm 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]

More so punt returns is where he's MIA to me...Not trying to bag on the guy, just been noticing it a lot lately.

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:11 pm 
NET Veteran

He's a year older, too. I've liked him since he was a Jet and I'm grateful for his contributions. I do think this is his last year with the team. The new kick off position (as mentioned above) makes him expendable.

IF we do the right thing and get a top-tier WR (Woods) in the draft, I would hand return duties to Tate. I've only been enamoured with one WR from ND and that was Tim Brown. Brown returned punts for like 14 years( if I recall correctly). Tate is no Brown but I suspect his role will be reduced next year as a WR, so let's get him started on this as soon as it is clear we are eliminated from this years playoffs.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:07 pm 
NET Veteran

Without his punt return against NE, we aren't in a position to score in the fourth. He was as important in that winning drive as Wilson and Rice.

I agree with the new rules. There are ZERO kickoff threats in the league anymore. The only threat is with punt returns

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:09 pm 
NET Veteran

I wouldn't mind seeing Golden Tate getting a few shots in the punt return game.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:10 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

He's made some questionable decisions on returns this year.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:02 pm 
* NET Sage *

Punters aren't exactly kicking line drives to him either.. they're putting a lot of air on their punts resulting in good coverage and minimal damage on returns.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]