Jason Jones

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Jason Jones
Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:18 pm
  • I remember the Friday PC presser where he said the Hawks will definitely feel not having Jason Jones and something to the effect that it would fundamentally change some of what we could do on defense. Could the element he brings to our DL be the reason our pass D kinda stunk it up today? Stafford had time for coffee and cigarettes back there.
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Re: Jason Jones
Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:20 pm
  • no
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:08 pm
  • ensett wrote:no

Thanks for the valuable insight, Etchersketch ;-)
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:10 pm
  • The element he brings could be the reason, yes.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:11 pm
  • HawKnPeppa wrote:
    ensett wrote:no

Thanks for the valuable insight, Etchersketch ;-)

rofl....
    no.

I Think regardless he was better than scruggs so I would have to say that his absence was felt.
    KitsapHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:14 pm
  • Most definitely. It is THE reason our defense has been so weak. Prior to his injury, we could mount a four man rush and still stop the run. Since his injury, we can't get enough consistent pressure on the QB. They can dink and dunk and we have to hang back because we'll give up the deep ball if we don't - and still do anyways because the QB has time. He brought enough pressure that it allowed the other three to penetrate, not giving the routes time to develop, which meant the secondary could play tighter.

This defense requires a great pass rush.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:26 am
  • @Salish, that's kinda the direction I was going with this. Ya can't 'plaster' very long, so ya need that pressure. The coaching staff was commenting that Scruggs is a better pass rusher than they had anticipated, but not on the same level as Jones. And let's face it, Jones brings another element to the table with his long body and arms...not to mention the DL is more used to playing with him.

Hopefully he gets healthy soon because there is too much of a dropoff with him out. It's obvious that we're not done addressing depth issues on the DL.

HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:23 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information