Rice

canadian seahawker

Reaction score
I know he was not the problem this week but, i dont think Rice is a good fit. we need a number 1. lynch is getting to much work, and is showing cracks in the beastmode armour.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Getting rid of a good player because he isn't great doesn't make much sense.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Lynch had 12 carries today. That is not too much work. The problem I have with Rice is that he rarely stays on his feet when he catches the ball. He always falls down or dives needlessly.

The Radish

Reaction score
From watching his play I think 2 things.

1. He's a damned fine receiver that will fight for the ball.

2. In my mind he's more for himself than the team. Twice now I've seen him have interceptions against him and he made no effort either time to try and break up the play and/or make the tackle.

Just my thoughts on the last 2 weeks.

:les:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Makes sense, he had one TD and likely has another if Wilson doesn't overthrow him.. he also had a huge gain down the sideline if Wilson doesn't overthrow him by 20 yards.

CUT RICE!

Largent80

Reaction score
Good Lord you must be joking......or simply an idiot.He dropped a perfectly thrown ball, but hasn't every reciever in the league done that?

OP
OP
C

canadian seahawker

Reaction score
yes lynch only had 12 carries today but add up the season. we need another option, and rice is not it.

jkitsune

Reaction score
I'd argue that, if anything, Tate is the weak link of our starting wideouts.

And a top wideout is clearly, IMO, our top draft need this year. So I suppose we do agree in principle.

pinksheets

Reaction score
I have been a Rice doubter since the get go, but this season has changed my opinion. I think Sid the Kid is a legit #1, his numbers have been really quite good when you consider how our passing game has struggled and that Russell spreads the ball around quite a bit. Not to say we couldn't use a better receiver, but I'm certainly not down on Rice at this point. He's been one of the best parts of this offense all year long.

BASF

Reaction score
He actually made two poor decisions on the long passes that were incomplete and intercepted. On the fingertips miss he adjusted to the ball to the middle of the field about three yards away from the spot where it landed. If he had not changed his stride slightly to the middle, he catches the ball easily and we go home a winner. On the interception, he decided to dive for the ball instead of playing the ball at it's highest point as the DB did who ended up with the INT. If he decides to play it as he should have, he becomes the defensive player and knocks the ball away or comes up with a spectacular catch.

streets24

Reaction score
Ok the int was dumb. He should of never threw. Don't blame rice on that. I was there. He should of ran it. On the rice miss it was out of his reach but if he keeps running he catches it. I was in the endzone stands and that int was all wilson. Soif we don't have rice we don't win almost every game we have played. He gets their best corner on each team so give him a break. Other guys have to make plays.