The one bright light I was looking for today

seabowl

Reaction score
Was a Seahawk win. Reason I am saying this is my area in NY is about to get annihilated by the hurricane. News reports here are calling it "the perfect storm". Worst storm ever to hit NY. Areas all around me, I live on Long Island about 1/4 mile from LI Sound, are being evacuated. The Hawks were one only hope to salvage something good this Sunday. Being a Hawks fan since 83 I'm kinda used to it not going my way. Well gotta go and batten down the hatches.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Stay safe out there guys. A Seahawk loss is nothing compared to losing some Seahawk fans out there.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Hawks46":1l3n91vd said:
Stay safe out there guys. A Seahawk loss is nothing compared to losing some Seahawk fans out there.

Too true, best of luck to you and yours, maybe when the hurricane dies down you can stick another post up here letting us know your ok?

Stay safe.

strohmin

Reaction score
Don't worry about the loss. Just make sure you are ok. Plenty of Hawk victories to come in the future.

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah, take care of business and don't forget to check back in when you can.

Best of luck to you and yours.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Best of wishes to you and yours. May you all make it through unscathed.

JonRud

Reaction score
Hurricane is bearing down on us. Praying we don't get any flooding or major damage....and hope power stays on.

Could have been in a good mood today if the defense could stop a 3rd and long.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Trust me, I know how you feel dude...

That was how I felt watching the game yesterday. To make matters worse, my favorite soccer team Athletic Bilbao lost as well and are mired in a relegation fight. Just got some brews, blunts, Arizona, water, and cold cuts (the essentials) and me and the girlfriend are ready to be Riders on the Storm.

Stay safe to all my fellow 12's on the east coast. We're gonna be alright.

But damn! Why couldn't the 'Hawks pull it out yesterday? Tough one... Gus Bradley's 3rd down defensive calls and empty shotguns on 3rd down will be in my head all day haha

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
So far only real damage for me is a tree crashing through my pool cover. I have to say that I have never felt wind like this (sustained winds of 70mph and gusts up to 100+). Many of my co-workers have been evacuated and homes are now the worlds largest fish bowls. Huge damage everywhere and the storm has not officially reached us. I am not sure how but the power has remained on somewhat. Going to be a rough night but as a NY'er all we say to this stuff like this is fugetaboutit.

Largent80

Reaction score
Hang in there bro. I went through some doozies in Seattle when I lived there. The "innagural day" storm in 1992 (?) The Thanksgiving Day storm in about '87, and the worst one about 6 years ago. Man, mother nature is fierce.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
The Pacific Northwest has it good when it comes to violent weather. Apart from the occasional squall and the very rare tornado, there's virtually nothing to worry about.

To those of you in the storm's path, please err on the side of caution.

JonRud

Reaction score
Power out. Listening to mnf on radio in dark. Drinking Dewars 12 year old scotch. Wife and kids asleep. Winds howling. One huge tree down in my backyard. Pls die down soon sandy.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Best wishes to those in the affected areas and those who posted above from all in Ireland, our thoughts are with you and hope your doing ok.

Latest posts