The Vikings are going to be harder to beat than Detroit

strohmin

Reaction score
Vikings offensive strength is our Defensive weakness. I am extremely curious about what we are going to do to even try to contain Percy Harvin and Adrian Peterson because those two are more than enough to completely tear apart the defense I saw today. Richard Sherman and Brandon Browner will be almost useless in coverage because the rest of the passes will be going to the Tight ends. #4 Offense or not, what I saw today was truly embarrassing for the defense. Christian Ponder is not as crappy of a quarterback as people are making him out to be, especially with our lack of pass rush. I have a bad feeling that we are going to have to score more than 24 points to win.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
meh.

Not sold on the Vikings and this is a home game. We are not a bad team.

Rat

Reaction score
strohmin":hp320qjv said:
Christian Ponder is not as crappy of a quarterback as people are making him out to be
I disagree. He's awful.

The only concern with them is Adrian Peterson pounding it through the middle against us the way Frank Gore did, which is a very valid concern.

Hawks46

Reaction score
We'll see. After watching how poor our defense is at covering the middle of the field, I have a bad feeling about this game.

Add to that, the Vikings have better Tackles than Detroit, so we might have problems with our pass rush again.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
No fear of any team we play at our house.

I have nothing but fear for any team we play in theirs.

cesame

Reaction score
Seattle wins this game comfortably.

They'll dismantle the NYJ the week after.

This team WILL be 6-4 after 10 games. I'd bet $500 on it.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
Hawks46":2ag7qvtq said:
We'll see. After watching how poor our defense is at covering the middle of the field, I have a bad feeling about this game.

Add to that, the Vikings have better Tackles than Detroit, so we might have problems with our pass rush again.

Do you not think they will be able to see that on film and adjust? I'm sure it's got to be nagging the coaches to no end.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Bakergirl":1v58z0ov said:
Hawks46":1v58z0ov said:

Do you not think they will be able to see that on film and adjust? I'm sure it's got to be nagging the coaches to no end.

This isn't the first game a team has taken advantage of the middle.

We also can't get off the field on 3rd down...which has been a season long problem that "seeing the film and adjusting" has not fixed.

It's a valid concern until proven otherwise.

the ditch

Reaction score
Ponder is not a good quarterback, his yards are misleading. He currently holds one of the worst yards per attempt in the league, his 6.65 YPA puts him 26th. He also has thrown 171 of his 262 attempts below 9 yards ahead of the line of scrimmage. He is one of the worst deep ball throwers in the league with his deep ball pass accuracy percentage of 33%, there's only 3 quarterbacks with a worse accuracy percentage. PFF claims that there are only 2 quarterbacks who are worse passers than Ponder.

He makes his plays throwing the ball short and the receivers are getting the yards, even then he can mess that up, if we take away the short routes and make him throw long we will have a good chance of getting turnovers.

This article can explain how bad Ponder is better than I can.

http://firejerrykill.com/2012/10/18/pon ... s-stumble/

Bakergirl

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":16x54lgt said:
Bakergirl":16x54lgt said:
Hawks46":16x54lgt said:

This isn't the first game a team has taken advantage of the middle.

We also can't get off the field on 3rd down...which has been a season long problem that "seeing the film and adjusting" has not fixed.

It's a valid concern until proven otherwise.

Thus the "nagging" comment. They are bound to come up with an answer eventually...

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
the ditch":foovnh6j said:
Ponder is not a good quarterback, his yards are misleading. He currently holds one of the worst yards per attempt in the league, his 6.65 YPA puts him 26th. He also has thrown 171 of his 262 attempts below 9 yards ahead of the line of scrimmage. He is one of the worst deep ball throwers in the league with his deep ball pass accuracy percentage of 33%, there's only 3 quarterbacks with a worse accuracy percentage. PFF claims that there are only 2 quarterbacks who are worse passers than Ponder.

He makes his plays throwing the ball short and the receivers are getting the yards, even then he can mess that up, if we take away the short routes and make him throw long we will have a good chance of getting turnovers.

We haven't taken away short routes all year.

the ditch

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":13yh6fy9 said:
the ditch":13yh6fy9 said:

We haven't taken away short routes all year.

Yeah...this team is just head scratching sometimes but that's why I'm expecting them to come out and put the hurt on the Vikings because they always manage to surprise me.

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
Its the NFL every team can beat you having said that I feel Seattle can beat Minny at home. I truly believe some of the the issues on 3rd and long is a lack of pass rush. This gets better at home with pass rush getting better at home. I'm just not concerned with the Vikes after seeing what Tampa did to them running it. Seattle is getting better offensively but ran the ball only 19 times today. That should not not happen need to be more balanced than that and play action will get even better.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
We will win comfortably the next two weeks.

Its the game after the bye that will trip us up probably.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Vikings were able to beat the 9ers with a lot of dink and dunk.. unless the coaches show they can adjust, which they haven't, we could see another repeat of today's game.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks they know what's going to happen the next 8 weeks is just making shit up. Neither you nor I have any clue.

Joey13091

Reaction score
the ditch":1jd6e3fs said:

This article can explain how bad Ponder is better than I can.

http://firejerrykill.com/2012/10/18/pon ... s-stumble/

Ya but we can't cover the short routes we've proven that time and time again