Some good news (just looked at the standings)

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • I will NEVER think a game is an "easy game" again after the Bills came to town and pounded the crap out of us a few years ago. What was the final score? Something like 30+ to 6? Or was it even worse? I swear I blocked out the majority of the game. I just remember Ryan Lindell kicking extra points through and imagining me throat punching him as he laughed at the Seahawks because he left for a better team (on THAT day). That was the game we were going to win huge. I seriously pictured us winning like 56-0. Then the Bills just came and stomped the hell out of the Hawks at our own stadium. I've never even made a game prediction since that day. I've hoped for certain results, but never expected them. Not after that pile of crud.
    Image
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    User avatar
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3883
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am


  • SharkHawk wrote:We just lost to a 2-4 team. That doesn't tell me that any game is a "likely win" or even "winnable" at this point. We've looked worse on defense each week it seems since we peaked at #1.


    and one of the best offenses in the league in their stadium. You forgot that part out.

    RW was beast today.
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    U MAD BRAH?
    User avatar
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 801
    Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:52 pm
    Location: Redmond, WA


  • But we were the #1 defense in the league. You left THAT part out, and their stadium was silent, because everybody is crying about the Tigers. "You forgot that part out" too.
    Image
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    User avatar
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3883
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am


  • Crizilla wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:You are missing the point, which unfortunately ISN'T hilarious.

    You want to suck on your binkie about the rest of the schedule being "good news", knock yourself out.

    I'm way more grounded in reality.


    i actually looked at whats ahead for us and other teams, and im optimistic about what i see. Last time i checked theres people on here that have given up hope for the playoffs, thats why i posted this thread and if you have nothing positive to contribute why post in this thread? every fan base is going to predict and look at the schedule. Plus i have no garunteed any wins. Stop thinking youre the man of all fans because youre "grounded on reality".

    Holy crap - the schedule is right there at the top of this forum! who would have guessed that


    Holy crap, I forgot we already played the next 8 games on our schedule! I guess we can fast forward to the playoffs now.

    Funny that you only want positive responses...I guess it's not ok to have a contrary point of view on here anymore?

    Good grief.
    @SeahawkGreg

    Image

    "I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 7490
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: CVN-68


  • Amazing. no one has to call anything easy, but in those tough road losses, the Seahawks had plenty of chances to win, those are games they win at home.

    SF - Whoever said "They own us" isn't watching the games. SF has been lucky to win each of the last 3 games and don't forget, this team destroyed them in their first meeting as Carroll's Hawks.

    AZ - Really? At home against THIS team? They had a rookie in his first game almost take them out in week 1.

    STL - Not even close here. They pulled off some Special Teams magic and still almost lost.

    Miami? Who knows.

    Buffalo? Maybe game too.

    Chicago? Beaten them 2 times, IN CHICAGO. Probable loss just on the odds.

    Those games are all very, very winnable. get one or two more and they are in the Wildcard. Besides, if AZ wins tomorrow, SF will only be one game up with 8 games left.

    There were a lot of folks claiming that if this team could get out of this first half at 3-5 that they could still win the West. Beating GB and Dallas will prove to be HUGE in any tie breakers.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5765
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


  • Crizilla wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:
    if you read my first post thats why i said if we take care of business at home like usual, we'll be fine. ARZ has won the last 2 against us, yes, but when was the last time they beat us here? You fear kolb or skelton at CLink?

    I don't fear anyone. I also don't think anyone in this fan base should be forecasting wins. We are not that good yet...

    You mention Kolb and Skelton. The same Kolb that beat us last time out? We had no answer for him.

    You also DON'T mention the 49ers...who have owned us.

    wow so fans shouldnt look at playoff implications? lol youre hilarious

    maybe everyone is still butt hurt we lost today. We're 4-4 guys and still very well in the mix.

    Maybe people would take you more seriously if you didn't imply that everyone who disagrees with you is "butt-hurt."


    (A phrase that should be shacked IMO)
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    User avatar
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *
     
    Posts: 7427
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:06 am
    Location: Eastern Washington


  • SharkHawk wrote:But we were the #1 defense in the league. You left THAT part out, and their stadium was silent, because everybody is crying about the Tigers. "You forgot that part out" too.


    dude, how long were we number 1? couple weeks?! thats not very long. That was in the past. Detroit has had a stable and effective offense and passing game for awhile now. We just ran into them at a bad time. THey were desperate. Look what happened to houston against GB.
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    U MAD BRAH?
    User avatar
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 801
    Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:52 pm
    Location: Redmond, WA


  • IF we hold serve at home, we'd have to win at least one road game. The way CHI and MIA are playing, it doesn't look likely we'll beat them. So that makes BUF a MUST win.

    If we lose all the remaining road games, and hold serve at home, we'd be 9-7. 9 wins probably won't win a wildcard in the NFC this year. Hell, there might be a 10 win team that sits at home come playoff time due to a lose in a tiebreaker.

    I seriously think MIN can beat us at home. They utilize a short passing game in the middle of the field, which we can't seem to defend against. So, I also have doubts we automatically win the last 5 home games.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3590
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm


  • Were not a playoff team, simple as that. Preseason was a hoax like it always is. Anyone seeing the playoffs in the future AFTER what we have shown to this point is wearing Seahawk-colored glasses. This was the game we needed to and should've won, but like always we can not simply win on the road or hold a lead for that matter.

    I'll give the Lions some credit as maybe they have finally pulled their head out of their ass, after showing so much promise last year, their o line was fantastic.

    Props due but not too much, the defense was vanilla soft on the last drive.
    Last edited by NFSeahawks628 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Image

    Pick the score, Seahawks edition - 1st Season
    http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=96154

    "Somehow a second year quarterback was more ready for this game, than a first ballot hall of famer!?"
    -DMac 104.3 Denver The Fan
    User avatar
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2266
    Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:33 pm
    Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Augusta, GA (Road Hawk)


  • BlueTalon wrote:

    (A phrase that should be shacked IMO)


    the people im disagreeing with are the ones posting "no playoffs" this year. Yea i think they're butt hurt. Remaining schedule is do-able. RW is getting better each week. We are beast at home. No point on giving up yet
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    U MAD BRAH?
    User avatar
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 801
    Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:52 pm
    Location: Redmond, WA


  • Wow, you repeated it after somebody requested you not say it as they found it offensive. That will help you prove your point and gain friends. Well played. :(

    Seriously... Blue Talon is one of the 5 most classy posters who frequent this board. If you want to gain some respect and find some classy folks who you could learn some good stuff from and have some really cool and in depth discussions with, then Blue Talon is the man. Notice this isn't him bragging or anything, so don't rag on him. This is just somebody else who has been here for like 14 years and respects the heck out of a lot of guys, but not many more than he. That's why I think it's better to step back and just take in what some of the most respected and active posters like he says. It makes the experience of being a member here much better overall. He isn't going to attack you or anything else, but you could be missing out on making a good friend and having somebody who knows of what they speak participate in your discussions you bring up.
    Image
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    User avatar
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3883
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am


  • The worst teams we're looking at to round out the year are the Jets and Rams at 3-5, and the Bills at 3-4. None of them pushovers, not even the Rams. The good news is our offense is starting to click, starting to put up more points than at the beginning of the year. The bad news is our defense is starting to give up more points too.

    We've been in every single game this year, and haven't lost by more than a touchdown in any of our losses. That is a very good thing in a growing year. Next year is the breakout year, I'm convinced of it, even if we do make the playoffs this year.

    This is this team's 2004. Snakebit just one too many times, but tougher for the experience.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    User avatar
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 18633
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
    Location: The beautiful PNW


  • SharkHawk wrote:Wow, you repeated it after somebody requested you not say it as they found it offensive. That will help you prove your point and gain friends. Well played. :(

    Seriously... Blue Talon is one of the 5 most classy posters who frequent this board. If you want to gain some respect and find some classy folks who you could learn some good stuff from and have some really cool and in depth discussions with, then Blue Talon is the man. Notice this isn't him bragging or anything, so don't rag on him. This is just somebody else who has been here for like 14 years and respects the heck out of a lot of guys, but not many more than he. That's why I think it's better to step back and just take in what some of the most respected and active posters like he says. It makes the experience of being a member here much better overall. He isn't going to attack you or anything else, but you could be missing out on making a good friend and having somebody who knows of what they speak participate in your discussions you bring up.


    :th2thumbs:

    Stated another way - having a different opinion on this board does not make one "butt hurt". It could mean they don't have their heads buried in the sand and they don't worship at the altar of the all things positive and happy go lucky.

    It's perfectly ok to be critical.
    @SeahawkGreg

    Image

    "I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 7490
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: CVN-68


  • Confrontation is the newer crowds game.

    They care nothing about friendship or fandom. Only about hiding behind keyboards, using stats rather than facts to make points and of course screaming to the high heavens all the "facts" they think they know.

    :roll:
    Image
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18655
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


  • hahaaha dude i couldnt care less about making friends on here or how respected people are on here. Or how many posts people have or sign up dates. It's a freaking forum lololol oh internets.

    im sorry bluetalon for bringing some positive light into the fans that have tanked the season already. Please oh please forgive me.


    ps - And I'll never say butt hurt again! hahahaaha cmon man
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    U MAD BRAH?
    User avatar
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 801
    Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:52 pm
    Location: Redmond, WA


  • FlyingGreg wrote:
    SharkHawk wrote:Wow, you repeated it after somebody requested you not say it as they found it offensive. That will help you prove your point and gain friends. Well played. :(

    Seriously... Blue Talon is one of the 5 most classy posters who frequent this board. If you want to gain some respect and find some classy folks who you could learn some good stuff from and have some really cool and in depth discussions with, then Blue Talon is the man. Notice this isn't him bragging or anything, so don't rag on him. This is just somebody else who has been here for like 14 years and respects the heck out of a lot of guys, but not many more than he. That's why I think it's better to step back and just take in what some of the most respected and active posters like he says. It makes the experience of being a member here much better overall. He isn't going to attack you or anything else, but you could be missing out on making a good friend and having somebody who knows of what they speak participate in your discussions you bring up.


    :th2thumbs:

    Stated another way - having a different opinion on this board does not make one "butt hurt". It could mean they don't have their heads buried in the sand and they don't worship at the altar of the all things positive and happy go lucky.

    It's perfectly ok to be critical.


    Why yes... sir you have my vote.
    Image

    Pick the score, Seahawks edition - 1st Season
    http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=96154

    "Somehow a second year quarterback was more ready for this game, than a first ballot hall of famer!?"
    -DMac 104.3 Denver The Fan
    User avatar
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2266
    Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:33 pm
    Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Augusta, GA (Road Hawk)


  • The way I look at it, good teams, PLAYOFF teams, win these close games. Atlanta hasn't blown everyone out this year, but they've found a way to go undefeated.

    If we want to be a playoff team, we have to find a way to win close games we should win. Right now, we aren't doing that, and it seems unreasonable to think we are going to just automatically win all our home games, while maybe winning some road games, while we aren't playing great football..

    I'm not butt hurt, I'm realistic. The only thing I'm reactionary about, is that I thought we could rely on the defense to win us close games, and they didn't pull through this game. I didn't think we would make the playoffs with a rookie QB, but he's progressing fine, and the defense is regressing.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3590
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm


  • Crizilla wrote:hahaaha dude i couldnt care less about making friends on here or how respected people are on here. Or how many posts people have or sign up dates. It's a freaking forum lololol oh internets.

    im sorry bluetalon for bringing some positive light into the fans that have tanked the season already. Please oh please forgive me.


    ps - And I'll never say butt hurt again! hahahaaha cmon man


    I've never said this to anybody before... but if you don't care to contribute positively then why be here? You might as well leave. This isn't some idiot board that is a place to rip each other to shreds. We are friends. We care about each other. We love our Hawks and vent our frustrations. But Aros, Rockhawk, the Radish, Jseahawks, Dr. Diags, Blue Talon. Seahawk Sailor, TechWorlds, Largent80, Bestfightstory, Chris90210 (haha), pehawk, kearly, snohomie, and the rest of the crew who make this place what it has become deserve more respect than you're giving. Guys are giving their effort and time and money to make this place a destination for fans. If you don't care to be a part of the best group on the interwebs talking hawks and a group who actually DO give a crap about each other, then maybe this isn't the place for you. Yeah I said it.... and I hope I don't get banned, because I like this place. But I think you're just flat out barking up the wrong tree and feel more need to be right than to contribute. This place is an information share, not a contest.
    Image
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    User avatar
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3883
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am


  • Not to worry Jon

    crizillas gone for a week and we will see how it goes after that.

    To everyone else how about we not blow apart our site for the loss of one game.

    :les:
    Image
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18655
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


  • Crizilla wrote:hahaaha dude i couldnt care less about making friends on here or how respected people are on here. Or how many posts people have or sign up dates. It's a freaking forum lololol oh internets.

    im sorry bluetalon for bringing some positive light into the fans that have tanked the season already. Please oh please forgive me.


    ps - And I'll never say butt hurt again! hahahaaha cmon man

    I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you have no idea what an ad hominem attack is. I am going to further assume that trying to explain it to you would be a waste of time.

    So I will just say this: To you, this is an internet forum. To us, this is a community. If you literally couldn't care less about respecting people or making friends here, I suggest you go find some other forum to insult people in -- before that decision is made for you.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    User avatar
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *
     
    Posts: 7427
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:06 am
    Location: Eastern Washington


  • Thanks Les. I just wish guys would come in and read a few weeks before and introduce themselves and see how things work. They'll love this place. That was important for me. I spent a long time lurking just trying to get to know who was who and what was what, and I was trying not to divulge any insider info I was getting in those days because I'd been asked not to. But ultimately this is my first, middle, and last destination each day. I can remember how hard it has been losing members (like cheinhill), and others getting sick and suffering or just having a run of bad luck. You guys are my family and I have gotten through some of my worst times thanks to those of you who just took a minute to send a good word my way. This site is about the people who are here. The Seahawks are just the common interest. The friendships and relationships are what makes it what it is and why it is so important to all of us.
    Image
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    User avatar
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3883
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am


  • Thanks for the shout, Shark. I really appreciate it.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    User avatar
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *
     
    Posts: 7427
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:06 am
    Location: Eastern Washington


  • loafoftatupu wrote:Amazing. no one has to call anything easy, but in those tough road losses, the Seahawks had plenty of chances to win, those are games they win at home.

    SF - Whoever said "They own us" isn't watching the games. SF has been lucky to win each of the last 3 games and don't forget, this team destroyed them in their first meeting as Carroll's Hawks.



    Uh, is lucky really the right word? From my prospective, the Hawks offense has been completely owned the past 3 games by the 49ers D. As a 49ers fan, I haven't once thought, "oh shit, the Hawks might win this game." Maybe after that blocked punt last season, but come on, that is the definition of luck.

    By the way, Carroll's accomplishments against a Singletary coached team has no bearing on this current 49ers team.
    SoHo9erFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 499
    Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 2:40 pm


  • BlueTalon wrote:
    Crizilla wrote:hahaaha dude i couldnt care less about making friends on here or how respected people are on here. Or how many posts people have or sign up dates. It's a freaking forum lololol oh internets.

    im sorry bluetalon for bringing some positive light into the fans that have tanked the season already. Please oh please forgive me.


    ps - And I'll never say butt hurt again! hahahaaha cmon man

    I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you have no idea what an ad hominem attack is. I am going to further assume that trying to explain it to you would be a waste of time.

    So I will just say this: To you, this is an internet forum. To us, this is a community. If you literally couldn't care less about respecting people or making friends here, I suggest you go find some other forum to insult people in -- before that decision is made for you.



    Thanks BT, that's funny. I know that guy never met you like I have. You don't seem the type to be involved in casual disputes. lol

    :les:
    Image
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18655
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


  • Anyone that gets remotely pissy with either Radish or Blue Talon is a scab.

    You are two of the most respectful and insightful posters here.
    @SeahawkGreg

    Image

    "I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 7490
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: CVN-68


  • What happens if Radish and I get pissy with each other? :P
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    User avatar
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *
     
    Posts: 7427
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:06 am
    Location: Eastern Washington


  • BlueTalon wrote:What happens if Radish and I get pissy with each other? :P


    We all laugh.
    Image
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    User avatar
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3883
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am


  • BlueTalon wrote:What happens if Radish and I get pissy with each other? :P


    We have a pay per view event!
    @SeahawkGreg

    Image

    "I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 7490
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: CVN-68


  • SoHo9erFan wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:Amazing. no one has to call anything easy, but in those tough road losses, the Seahawks had plenty of chances to win, those are games they win at home.

    SF - Whoever said "They own us" isn't watching the games. SF has been lucky to win each of the last 3 games and don't forget, this team destroyed them in their first meeting as Carroll's Hawks.



    Uh, is lucky really the right word? From my prospective, the Hawks offense has been completely owned the past 3 games by the 49ers D. As a 49ers fan, I haven't once thought, "oh shit, the Hawks might win this game." Maybe after that blocked punt last season, but come on, that is the definition of luck.

    By the way, Carroll's accomplishments against a Singletary coached team has no bearing on this current 49ers team.


    Save this for a seahawks vs 9ers thread rather than trying to take this thread off topic.
    User avatar
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2623
    Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm


  • FlyingGreg wrote:Just wondering...who do you see as the "much easier" opponents the next 8 games?

    We have four home games against mediocre to bad opponents (Vikings, Jets, Cardinals, Rams). On paper, all four of those games are easier matchups than any of the eight we have faced so far.

    We have two road games against mediocre to bad opponents (Dolphins, Bills). Going to the road is never easy, but those teams are worse than any we've faced this year except maybe Carolina.

    We have two tough opponents remaining (at Bears, home vs. 49ers). IMO, neither of those matchups are as tough as the Packers or Patriots at home, or the 49ers or Lions on the road.

    There are never any guaranteed wins (or losses) in the NFL, but the second half schedule clearly looks much, much easier than what we have faced so far.
    jewhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 551
    Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:39 pm


  • jewhawk wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:Just wondering...who do you see as the "much easier" opponents the next 8 games?

    We have four home games against mediocre to bad opponents (Vikings, Jets, Cardinals, Rams). On paper, all four of those games are easier matchups than any of the eight we have faced so far.

    We have two road games against mediocre to bad opponents (Dolphins, Bills). Going to the road is never easy, but those teams are worse than any we've faced this year except maybe Carolina.

    We have two tough opponents remaining (at Bears, home vs. 49ers). IMO, neither of those matchups are as tough as the Packers or Patriots at home, or the 49ers or Lions on the road.

    There are never any guaranteed wins (or losses) in the NFL, but the second half schedule clearly looks much, much easier than what we have faced so far.


    This is the problem I have - calling the Cardinals and Rams "medicore to bad". They both beat us earlier this season.

    Yes, I know...the easy crutch is to state "but it's at C Link". Got it.

    What happened against the Packers and Patriots has no bearing on what happens later this season. The middle of our defense has been exposed, we can't get off the field on 3rd down, and we are struggling to create turnovers.

    I think the schedule "looks" easier, but we never seem to make it easy in any game (Dallas aside) so I would expect close games.
    @SeahawkGreg

    Image

    "I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 7490
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: CVN-68


  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:The worst teams we're looking at to round out the year are the Jets and Rams at 3-5, and the Bills at 3-4. None of them pushovers, not even the Rams. The good news is our offense is starting to click, starting to put up more points than at the beginning of the year. The bad news is our defense is starting to give up more points too.

    We've been in every single game this year, and haven't lost by more than a touchdown in any of our losses. That is a very good thing in a growing year. Next year is the breakout year, I'm convinced of it, even if we do make the playoffs this year.

    This is this team's 2004. Snakebit just one too many times, but tougher for the experience.


    I like this post. Were getting better yet maybe missing a piece or 2. Maybe 2.5 players away. Also a nice observation that their isnt a guaranteed win in the NFL. Rams anyone?
    User avatar
    morgulon1
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3491
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 10:07 am
    Location: Spokane, Wa


  • FlyingGreg wrote:This is the problem I have - calling the Cardinals and Rams "medicore to bad". They both beat us earlier this season.
    FlyingGreg wrote:What happened against the Packers and Patriots has no bearing on what happens later this season.

    Likewise, what happened against the Cardinals and Rams has no bearing on what happens later this season. Playing against "mediocre to bad" teams at home is much easier than playing against "mediocre to bad" teams on the road. That doesn't mean we're guaranteed to beat them at home or that we'll definitely win more than four games in the second half of the season, but the first half schedule was much tougher than the second half schedule.
    jewhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 551
    Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:39 pm


  • I'd say it does have a bearing, because those teams showed how to beat the Seahawks. They showed the really intense weak spots in the defense, and those were fully exposed today. The Lions put together a perfect game plan and won with it. The Seahawks haven't adjusted their defense as far as I can tell in over 3 years. Literally.
    Image
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    User avatar
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3883
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am


  • Also, we want SF to beat ARZ on monday night. Lets face it. The division is SF's. We want ARZ to lose because then they'll be 4-4 as well.[/quote]

    Thanks for pointing that out I was thinking I was going to root for Cards tomorrow but not now thanks
    TLD0550
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 345
    Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:50 pm


  • The Radish wrote:What we need to do is stop this bullshit of looking at a schedule and saying "we win these, and not those". How dumb!

    What everyone needs to do is worry about the next game. Because if we don't win the next game your scenerio is tipped over.

    You also need to stop with the "we should" win this or that. Why? Cause you hate their stats? cause they have key people out hurt?

    Play them as you get to them,,,not before.

    :141847_bnono:


    First of all... we as fans don't play. It's not a big deal to look ahead.

    I see only two teams on our schedule I believe are truly better than us (Chicago and San Francisco) .. you're right though, it's hard to gauge what this team will do when it goes on the road. But our schedule is undeniably easier on paper in the 2nd half of the season than it was in the 1st half.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    User avatar
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 4858
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm


  • Hasselbeck wrote:
    The Radish wrote:What we need to do is stop this bullshit of looking at a schedule and saying "we win these, and not those". How dumb!

    What everyone needs to do is worry about the next game. Because if we don't win the next game your scenerio is tipped over.

    You also need to stop with the "we should" win this or that. Why? Cause you hate their stats? cause they have key people out hurt?

    Play them as you get to them,,,not before.

    :141847_bnono:


    First of all... we as fans don't play. It's not a big deal to look ahead.

    I see only two teams on our schedule I believe are truly better than us (Chicago and San Francisco) .. you're right though, it's hard to gauge what this team will do when it goes on the road. But our schedule is undeniably easier on paper in the 2nd half of the season than it was in the 1st half.



    I agree with this assessement,(you'll never know how that hurt.) lol

    But we seem to have pretty good luck at Chi-Town damned if I know why.

    :les:
    Image
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18655
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


  • NFSeahawks628 wrote:Were not a playoff team, simple as that. Preseason was a hoax like it always is. Anyone seeing the playoffs in the future AFTER what we have shown to this point is wearing Seahawk-colored glasses. This was the game we needed to and should've won, but like always we can not simply win on the road or hold a lead for that matter.

    I'll give the Lions some credit as maybe they have finally pulled their head out of their ass, after showing so much promise last year, their o line was fantastic.

    Props due but not too much, the defense was vanilla soft on the last drive.

    This loss hurts no doubt.

    The D can not be this bad again. The offense is getting better. Schedule favors more wins.

    We beat NE, GB and man handled Dallas we can beat anyone. We can also lose to anyone.

    Don't cash in your chips just yet
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    User avatar
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *
     
    Posts: 2961
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:37 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


  • jewhawk wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:Just wondering...who do you see as the "much easier" opponents the next 8 games?

    We have four home games against mediocre to bad opponents (Vikings, Jets, Cardinals, Rams). On paper, all four of those games are easier matchups than any of the eight we have faced so far.

    We have two road games against mediocre to bad opponents (Dolphins, Bills). Going to the road is never easy, but those teams are worse than any we've faced this year except maybe Carolina.

    We have two tough opponents remaining (at Bears, home vs. 49ers). IMO, neither of those matchups are as tough as the Packers or Patriots at home, or the 49ers or Lions on the road.

    There are never any guaranteed wins (or losses) in the NFL, but the second half schedule clearly looks much, much easier than what we have faced so far.


    On paper (and in reality), we've already lost to every one of those "mediocre to bad opponents" we've played. Their combined record is 17-18 - not a bad record by any means. That's not a recipe for 4-0, even at home.

    Our two "mediocre to bad opponents" on the road are also a combined 7-7 - the same percentage as we are right now. And they're at home, both a long trip and several time zones east. We've traditionally not done well in away games, especially in early games, which one of them is. Neither of these are by any stretch of the imagination wins.

    The two "tough" road opponents that aren't as touch as the Packers or Patriots at home are a combined 11-3, both top tier defenses, with one a road game and one likely a team playing for playoff seeding.

    This final eight games is not by any means easier than the first half. It looks equally as hard, as I see it.

    But this is not a gloom n' doom post. It's not a Debbie Downer saying we're going 0-8 to finish the season. I'm just being realistic. We're going to have to step up and prove we can hang with the big boys. We've shown we can step up for big games, beat big-time teams. We've now got to prove we can win the tough road games, the games we're "supposed" to win. The "gimme" games at the start of the season.

    We've got to come out strong and play like we're playing in the playoffs, every single game. Do this and we're in good shape for making the playoffs and ending the season well. Don't, and we'll have to see if we're up to the task next year.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    User avatar
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 18633
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
    Location: The beautiful PNW


  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:This final eight games is not by any means easier than the first half. It looks equally as hard, as I see it.

    Which of the following games do you think are tougher?
    1. Minnesota at home or Dallas at home?
    2. Jets at home or At Carolina?
    3. At Miami or Green Bay at home?
    4. At Chicago or At San Francisco on a short week?
    5. Arizona at home or At Arizona?
    6. Buffalo in Toronto or At Detroit?
    7. San Francisco at home or New England at home?
    8. St. Louis at home or At St. Louis?

    For every game remaining on the schedule, there was a tougher game we have already played. I'm not one of those guys saying "well you can expect 4-0 in these easy games, then we just need to win 2 of the 4 tougher games (3 road, SF at home) to finish 10-6." The NFL doesn't work like that. There are never any gimme wins (or losses) like there are in college football. But some games are more difficult than others, and it's obvious that the first half of our schedule was much more difficult than the second half.
    jewhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 551
    Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:39 pm


  • I will be pulling for Arizona to upset San Francisco tomorrow night. I, for one, am still interested n a shot at the NFCWest title.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    User avatar
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *
     
    Posts: 8511
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm


  • bestfightstory wrote:I will be pulling for Arizona to upset San Francisco tomorrow night. I, for one, am still interested n a shot at the NFCWest title.



    Amen brother, just started a thread on that very subject.
    Image
    User avatar
    5280Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 921
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:01 pm


  • bestfightstory wrote:I will be pulling for Arizona to upset San Francisco tomorrow night. I, for one, am still interested n a shot at the NFCWest title.

    Me too. I want to see if all NFCW teams can go undefeated at home in division games.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    User avatar
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *
     
    Posts: 7427
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:06 am
    Location: Eastern Washington


  • I going to have to side with the realistic crowd as far as there are no gimmie games in the NFL. Also I am seriously worried about this defense. Good news is that it seems RW is coming along nicely.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    User avatar
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7253
    Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
    Location: Kansas City, MO


  • One thing not pointed out is the fact that of the NFC North still has 10 more games against each other and also has 7 more games against the NFC West. There are a lot of losses still out there for the teams competing for playoff spots - the two divisions "likely" to field the wildcard teams.

    We are only one game off of pace of the wild-card. And if Arizona can SOME WAY find a win against SF tonight, we are only one off the pace for the division. Tonight's game will basically determine if the division is in or out of sight. However, it would inject Arizona with that wild-card "edge."
    Image
    "Make good teams look bad and make bad teams look terrible!" -Michael Robinson
    User avatar
    BlueTalons
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1131
    Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 11:36 am
    Location: Spanaway, WA


  • JSeahawks wrote:I'm still fairly confident we make the playoffs this year. its not a slam dunk, but i think its likely.


    What exactly have you seen that gives you this much confidence? Other than the Dallas game, this team hasn't put together another complete performance with all aspects.....offense, defense and special teams.

    Hell, we can't even beat a one dimensional 2-4 Detroit team, I have no faith that we can make the playoffs. I see 8-8, or 9-7 at best..........and that ain't cuttin' it in the NFC this year.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3117
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


  • The Radish wrote:What we need to do is stop this bullshit of looking at a schedule and saying "we win these, and not those". How dumb!

    What everyone needs to do is worry about the next game. Because if we don't win the next game your scenerio is tipped over.

    You also need to stop with the "we should" win this or that. Why? Cause you hate their stats? cause they have key people out hurt?

    Play them as you get to them,,,not before.

    :141847_bnono:



    Stats don't = wins. All that count in this league is wins and that is all. We have a tuff schedule ahead and have lost to all of our division teams already.
    TorontoHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 723
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
    Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada


  • SharkHawk wrote:We'll get to the playoffs and the other team will go into victory formation on first and second down. Then they'll have a 3rd and 20 each drive and win 100-0.



    our 3rd down D and 3rd down O both suck -
    User avatar
    OneLofaTatupu
    * NET Shrink *
     
    Posts: 1560
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:04 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA


  • O is actually improving though. D is getting worse.
    Image
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    User avatar
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3883
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am


Next


It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:16 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information