Some good news (just looked at the standings)

Crizilla

Reaction score
we are still in good position for the 6th seed. We own tiebreakers over dallas and GB (tho i think GB will either win their division or get the 5 seed, they are hot right now and have aaron rodgers). Minnesota and Arizona have deathly 2nd half schedules. We have much easier opponents the rest of the way than them. If we can just take care of business at home like we've been doing i think we will be ok. Detroit scares me because of their offense and that they own a tiebreaker over us. Still 1 game ahead of them now as we speak though. But yeah, the NFC north is definitely sending 2 teams to the playoffs this year (maybe 3 but I think Minnesota will fall off). @ Chicago will have huge playoff implications. So will the Arizona at home. 8-8 might be enough this year. I'm hoping for 9-7, though.

Also, we want SF to beat ARZ on monday night. Lets face it. The division is SF's. We want ARZ to lose because then they'll be 4-4 as well.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
We'll get to the playoffs and the other team will go into victory formation on first and second down. Then they'll have a 3rd and 20 each drive and win 100-0.

The Radish

Reaction score
What we need to do is stop this bullshit of looking at a schedule and saying "we win these, and not those". How dumb!

What everyone needs to do is worry about the next game. Because if we don't win the next game your scenerio is tipped over.

You also need to stop with the "we should" win this or that. Why? Cause you hate their stats? cause they have key people out hurt?

Play them as you get to them,,,not before.

:141847_bnono:

OP
OP
Crizilla

Crizilla

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":9cxtv8vo said:
Just wondering...who do you see as the "much easier" opponents the next 8 games?

5 of our 8 remaining games are at home and overall if you take a look, i'd definitely rather have our next 8 games compared to minn and arz next 8 games. I will seriously crap my pants if we finish with worst records than minn and arz

OP
OP
Crizilla

Crizilla

Reaction score
take a look fellas. As a fan we can do whatever we wanna do. And thats what we do.. look at whats ahead and hope for a win here and there. It's the players and coaches that should be taking it 1 game at a time and getting prepared for the next opponent. Stop getting all butt hurt

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Crizilla":1r8z44gy said:
FlyingGreg":1r8z44gy said:
Just wondering...who do you see as the "much easier" opponents the next 8 games?

5 of our 8 remaining games are at home and overall if you take a look, i'd definitely rather have our next 8 games compared to minn and arz next 8 games. I will seriously crap my pants if we finish with worst records than minn and arz

I get the "we are at home" crutch.

But don't underestimate the 3 road games - Miami, Chicago and Buffalo are all going to be tough to win.

And until we beat the Cards and 49ers, I don't want to hear it. Arizona has won the last 2 against us and SF the last 4.

OP
OP
Crizilla

Crizilla

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":jqjw241y said:
Crizilla":jqjw241y said:
FlyingGreg":jqjw241y said:

I get the "we are at home" crutch.

But don't underestimate the 3 road games - Miami, Chicago and Buffalo are all going to be tough to win.

And until we beat the Cards and 49ers, I don't want to hear it. Arizona has won the last 2 against us and SF the last 4.

if you read my first post thats why i said if we take care of business at home like usual, we'll be fine. ARZ has won the last 2 against us, yes, but when was the last time they beat us here? You fear kolb or skelton at CLink?

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
The Radish":3az5gmap said:
What we need to do is stop this bullshit of looking at a schedule and saying "we win these, and not those". How dumb!

What everyone needs to do is worry about the next game. Because if we don't win the next game your scenerio is tipped over.

You also need to stop with the "we should" win this or that. Why? Cause you hate their stats? cause they have key people out hurt?

Play them as you get to them,,,not before.

:141847_bnono:

AMEN!!

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
if you read my first post thats why i said if we take care of business at home like usual, we'll be fine. ARZ has won the last 2 against us, yes, but when was the last time they beat us here? You fear kolb or skelton at CLink?

I don't fear anyone. I also don't think anyone in this fan base should be forecasting wins. We are not that good yet...

You mention Kolb and Skelton. The same Kolb that beat us last time out? We had no answer for him.

You also DON'T mention the 49ers...who have owned us.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Crizilla":51k11wbn said:
FlyingGreg":51k11wbn said:

LOL, You should maybe go and buy some new undies :16:

OP
OP
Crizilla

Crizilla

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1pctu31s said:

I don't fear anyone. I also don't think anyone in this fan base should be forecasting wins. We are not that good yet...

You mention Kolb and Skelton. The same Kolb that beat us last time out? We had no answer for him.

wow so fans shouldnt look at playoff implications? lol youre hilarious

maybe everyone is still butt hurt we lost today. We're 4-4 guys and still very well in the mix.

OP
OP
Crizilla

Crizilla

Reaction score
seriously look at minn and arz remaining schedule. Then compare that to ours. It's encouraging.. thats all im saying

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
Crizilla":14zazl5l said:

maybe everyone is still butt hurt we lost today. We're 4-4 guys and still very well in the mix.

Of course we're in the mix, he's talking about chalking any games as "WINS". It's game to game (even at home).

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Well it's not all you're saying. You're also dropping f-bombs and telling everybody the "facts".

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Crizilla":1afy2vn0 said:
FlyingGreg":1afy2vn0 said:

You are missing the point, which unfortunately ISN'T hilarious.

You want to suck on your binkie about the rest of the schedule being "good news", knock yourself out.

I'm way more grounded in reality.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
We just lost to a 2-4 team. That doesn't tell me that any game is a "likely win" or even "winnable" at this point. We've looked worse on defense each week it seems since we peaked at #1.

OP
OP
Crizilla

Crizilla

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3j7u379q said:
You are missing the point, which unfortunately ISN'T hilarious.

You want to suck on your binkie about the rest of the schedule being "good news", knock yourself out.

I'm way more grounded in reality.

i actually looked at whats ahead for us and other teams, and im optimistic about what i see. Last time i checked theres people on here that have given up hope for the playoffs, thats why i posted this thread and if you have nothing positive to contribute why post in this thread? every fan base is going to predict and look at the schedule. Plus i have no garunteed any wins. Stop thinking youre the man of all fans because youre "grounded on reality".

Holy crap - the schedule is right there at the top of this forum! who would have guessed that