So Proud of My Hawkas

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
So Proud of My Hawkas
Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:16 pm
  • They went in and played a very competitive game against a desperate team on the road.

I am proud of them.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Re: So Proud of My Hawkas
Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:22 pm
  • Nice post ese.

I was kind of thinking the same thing. My Hawkas have been in every single game theyve played this year, even on the road. We are getting close to being a very very good team.Remember some of the games from Mors's season? Made you want to take a bong hit and go to sleep.
    morgulon1
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:23 pm
  • This team has been far from disappointing
    warden
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:25 pm
  • Agreed. It hurts more to lose a close one where a play or two turns the result. But they've had a chance every game and played tough. The games are fun, if frustrating, and that's way better than constant blowouts.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:28 pm
  • You guys are right.

I am just frustrated because I keep wishing we would turn the corner and win games consistently.

But I love the close games vs the blowouts of old.

Thought we had this one.
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *

Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:30 pm
  • Agreed...just looking forward to the days when being proud turns into "Ws".
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:34 pm
  • I'm disappointed in them Rob. This was a game that an average performance by the defense would've resulted in a win. That was way below average. Mediocrity goes on
    and on
    and on
    and on
    ad naseum......
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:35 pm
  • All I ask is 100% effort.

As long as they give me that I will love them all even if they make bonehead or physical mistakes.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:38 pm
  • Exactly. We all want wins. But to play a game like todays and come out losing is not a reason to flame everyone from top to bottom, but to just say thank you for the effort.

I saw it out there. Regardless of breaking down every missed play, I enjoyed this game the most of any game we have played so far.

Way to go Hawks, and way to go 12th man.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:41 pm
  • Losing close games sucks. Getting your left ass cheek handed to you is worse.
    morgulon1
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:47 pm
  • I saw massive EFFORT. That is good enough for me.

Formerly on the road, the Hawks had pretty paltry games.

This one was exciting and went down to the final part of the 4th quarter.

I'm quite sure there are a bunch of gloom and doom posts going on in other threads, I do not wish to partake in them, but I started this to thank the Hawks for giving their all today.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:00 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:They went in and played a very competitive game against a desperate team on the road.

I am proud of them.

Yeah, we need to look past the lackluster play by our Defense in the last two games, and never mind that the 49rs exposed our weaknesses there.
    Other teams that we will be faceing will be studying how to succeed by the 49rs blueprint.
    Somethings are wrong, and we haven't seen much of an attempt to fix them.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:10 pm
  • It was a good one today. To win would have been better of course, but still. Good one.
    Claden
    NET Rookie

Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:15 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:They went in and played a very competitive game against a desperate team on the road.

I am proud of them.

Yeah, we need to look past the lackluster play by our Defense in the last two games, and never mind that the 49rs exposed our weaknesses there.
    Other teams that we will be faceing will be studying how to succeed by the 49rs blueprint.
    Somethings are wrong, and we haven't seen much of an attempt to fix them.

Way to piss on the parade.

I will say that after this game, the schedule gets much more favorable, and the QB's we will face are Jabronis compared to who we have faced so far.

When I saw the schedule I was apprehensive and am elated to be 4-4 with the way the schedule makers drew it up.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:15 pm
  • Don't the players get paid for effort? Effort is great and all but I'm thinking I should expect that as a fan. Just my 2 cents
    hawkfannj
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:55 pm
  • We should and do expect effort as fans. What I feel Largent was saying is he saw great effort today. Sadly enough there are teams that dont give it their all. Once again, remember the year with Mora? Sad times.
    morgulon1
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:46 pm
  • I am going to side with my good buddy L80. As a Seahawks fan, yeah I am disappointed the team couldn't get this one under their belt. But it was an entertaining game and besides the Lions stupid penalties a game well played by both teams.

Sure, we want to believe our defense is impenetrable but that belief is being sorely tested. The early offseason hype and euphoria is now meeting reality. The team can still go 12-4 though reality says that is not the case. For this day, Lions get the spoils and Seahawks take the loss.

I think this team is putting in place the traits needed to be a winner. We will see if they can make it a long term reality. Kudos to the team on giving it a shot against a team that could not afford to be denied.

Now, if being critical here made a difference, I would do it. But I have no answers and cannot turn back the hands of time. Let's get the Vikings. A lot of Helgas are going to be in the CLink next week. Hope they go home feeling like I do today.

EDIT: I cannot spell worth a darn. Crap!
    Last edited by drdiags on Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:50 pm
  • Very nice post, Rob.

I definitely prefer the close games this season to the blowouts of past years. I don't even dread 10 AM starts on the schedule anymore,
    thanks to the comPETE era. Close games are frustrating, but I get over those losses a lot easier than butt whoopings.
    Riley12
    * NET Recluse *
    * NET Recluse *

Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:51 pm
  • I'll agree to be proud of their effort if everyone agrees to never mention them as a number 1 or 2 defense for the rest of the season.

I'm not proud at all of the effort and they shouldn't be. If they were giving it their all out there and still sucking then maybe the effort was there on gameday but the effort in planning and practicing during the week was lacking. This D is too talented for me to buy that they just couldn't hang with the dreaded Detroit juggernaut I don't care if it was in their house.
    hawk45
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:32 am
  • What a welcome post. Thank you.
    captSE
    NET Starter

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:10 pm
  • I wish I was as positive as you Largent, but I just cannot muster it today. I was proud of the offense effort yesterday, but I cannot say the same about the defense......huge letdown.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:23 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:All I ask is 100% effort.

As long as they give me that I will love them all even if they make bonehead or physical mistakes.

100% effort is great, but if you if we don't win than what is the point? I will always be a Hawks fan but it gets old hearing they gave a good effort but just came up short.
    TorontoHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:02 pm
  • I've never been able to understand the mentality of expecting wins and losses. The only real way to see how good your team is at the end of the season. Even great defenses get burned every once in a while. Many posters on here have an expectation that having an elite defense means we force nothing but 3 and outs, consistently, every game. Are we an elite defense? I still think we are, and i think that at the end of the season the numbers will hold true.

Where is it written that we can't be a good team unless we go 16-0 on our way to a Superbowl victory?

Every game this year has been close. No one has blown us out. I have every reason to have faith that we have a chance to win every game. That doesn't mean we need to find a bridge to jump off after every loss.

Many on the board would be thrilled with being 4-4 with this schedule at the beginning of the season. I'm still confident we can go 10-6. There is so much football left to be played.
    Keep things in perspective. We are FANS, not players, not coaches and by no means are we geniuses or fortune tellers.

Go Hawks.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:15 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information