A few positives in the sea of negativity

JSeahawks

Reaction score
For the first time all season it looked like we have a red zone offense.

TE''s came to play. Miller with the great TD catch. McCoy had a few nice catches and I noticed quite a few really nice blocks from McCoy.

Wilson wasnt perfect, but I believe played his best game.

1st and 2nd down defense is really good.

Tackling is great. We might be one of the best tackling teams i've ever seen. Dont see many missed tackles like we've seen in the past with the SEahawks.

Lynch went over 100 yards. And Turbin looked pretty good.

No injuries as far as i noticed.

The next two are at home.

We just played the last above average QB that we're going to play this year. (although i guess you could make an argument for Cutler... depends on how he is that day).

warden

Reaction score
JSeahawks":w2r596td said:
For the first time all season it looked like we have a red zone offense.

TE''s came to play. Miller with the great TD catch. McCoy had a few nice catches and I noticed quite a few really nice blocks from McCoy.

Wilson wasnt perfect, but I believe played his best game.

1st and 2nd down defense is really good.

Tackling is great. We might be one of the best tackling teams i've ever seen. Dont see many missed tackles like we've seen in the past with the SEahawks.

Lynch went over 100 yards. And Turbin looked pretty good.

No injuries as far as i noticed.

The next two are at home.

There is so much to like about this team.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Good post....much to look forward to.

I personally don't think it will be 2012, but with a good draft and free agency period signing some play makers, I like the outlook.

But I still worry about Carroll being able to push this team over the hump.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Just thought of another one, our o'line held up pretty well today against a very good Lions defensive line. Run blocking wasnt great other then on the long TD run, but I thought it was some of the best pass protection we've seen all season. Zero sacks given up.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'll add another one.....we've reduced the penalties, and that's at least 2, if not 3 weeks now.

I also like Wilson's progression.

I'd disagree with our tackling. I've seen a decent amount of missed tackles, just not in this game. Chicago is probably the best tackling team in the league this year, and San Fran is a very very close 2nd. I also think back to the great Ravens and Steelers defenses of the last few years, and I don't think we're quite there yet.

The other good news is that our defense is very young, and can get better in most aspects.