Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: How to be a fan.
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:42 pm 
NET Veteran

There are a lot of people throwing a lot of commands around the forum about how people shold be acting. People are upset. Here's my take on why:

The biggest problem you're seeing is that our offense has stunk all year long. IF we had a league average offense, we'd have won two more games.

Our defense has been bailing us out all season, and they laid a stinker this week. People have been hanging their hopes, and their pride in this team, in the defense, and it let them down. Detroit hasn't done this to anyone, all year long. People need to vent.

I find it funny how people will tell other fans "OH my god, people are being bipolar" or "if you're mad at the Hawks, go be a Falcon fan."

So, we're not allowed to be upset ? I don't see a lot of people throwing individual players under the bus, they are frustrated at the entire team. This is a COMMUNITY. People come here to fellowship with other like minded fans. Some people need to vent, some people need to rant. And yes, a lot of it is people that had unrealistic expectations at the beginning of the year. It's ok to suggest to folks to temper their expectations, as well as point out where people are wildly deviating from normal expectations. It's not fair to tell us how to be fans.

Personall, I tried to temper expectations as soon as we started a Rookie QB. This isn't on him. I also thought it laughable that people thought games like the 49ers and Patriots would be easy wins, and we would blow those opponents out. I probably pointed it out, but didn't ridicule individuals over it. We can enjoy the meltdown (if we so choose, some people ARE entertaining) but I would suggest to quit telling people how to be fans, or expect defensive posts in return.

Post subject: Re: How to be a fan.
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:44 pm 
* NET Moderator *

Everyone needs to be allowed to be the type of fans they are.

Pessimists need to be allowed to complain and bitch and get it out of their system, but they have to expect some blowback from the optimists.

Optimists need to be allowed to look at the positives, but expect some blowback from the pessimists.

Its just human nature, we all handle things differently. I choose to find joy in even losses and just try and have fun on the boards regardless, otehrs want to bitch and complain. There's no right or wrong way to be a fan.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:45 pm 
NET Veteran

JSeahawks wrote:
Everyone needs to be allowed to be the type of fans they are.

Pessimists need to be allowed to complain and bitch and get it out of their system, but they have to expect some blowback from the optimists.

Optimists need to be allowed to look at the positives, but expect some blowback from the pessimists.

Its just human nature, we all handle things differently. I choose to find joy in even losses and just try and have fun on the boards regardless, otehrs want to bitch and complain. There's no right or wrong way to be a fan.

:2: :13:

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:47 pm 
NET Veteran

It's really difficult to project sarcasm. I'm not really telling folks how to do anything, but trying to convey that people are going to blow up, others will respond.

But telling folks to go be fans of other teams is just counterproductive and antagonistic.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:49 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *

I will not suffer the whining, crying, pessimistic, chicken little, finger pointing, blame game playing, calling for heads, bench this guy, fire that guy, "the problem is simple" know nothing, try hard fools who are only vocal after a loss. They will be persecuted.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:50 pm 
NET Veteran

I was kinda weary of looking at this one . With that said good post I think you hit it 46....For me at least .

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:51 pm 
NET Veteran

Not buying it, the "stinker" was at the niners and i gave them a pass for that.
the stinker was not giving up a kabillion yards to a nobody reciever against an injured lions team that was going to do nothing but pass cause they can't run.

This was not a "Stinker" this was a statement game and that statement unfourtunately was "were not worthy"

you can pack all that legion of boom stuff up and make it wait till next year.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:52 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *

Seeker wrote:
Not buying it, the "stinker" was at the niners and i gave them a pass for that.
the stinker was not giving up a kabillion yards to a nobody reciever against an injured lions team that was going to do nothing but pass cause they can't run.

This was not a "Stinker" this was a statement game and that statement unfourtunately was "were not worthy"

you can pack all that legion of boom stuff up and make it wait till next year.

:angry017:

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:54 pm 
NET Veteran

Agreed. This to me is like a bunch of us hanging at a sports bar. We all scream at the big screen when a good or bad play happens. And we all have friends who complain and others who take the glass half full approach.

What I see here is no different.

We're pissed, so let our fans rant and vent. And we have our own way to voice our frustrations....we just want to hear someone tells us how to react.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:55 pm 
NET Veteran

I mean....don't want to hear....

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:59 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

It's kind of the definition of being a fan. Emotional investment. Folks disparaging other fans for overreacting are what, demonstrating how cool and levelhead they are? Gold star.

It's a game, the D sucked today, getting mad at that makes someone not a fan?

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:59 pm 
NET Veteran

Funny thing is, this game, I'm not seeing "bench this guy, fire this guy, shoot this guy in the head"

Most folks know it was a team defensive letdown. I saw Trufant, Sherman, and Browner give up receptions, but they were well covered, contested, and more often than not, the WR doesn't make those.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:12 pm 
NET Veteran

Zebulon Dak wrote:
I will not suffer the whining, crying, pessimistic, chicken little, finger pointing, blame game playing, calling for heads, bench this guy, fire that guy, "the problem is simple" know nothing, try hard fools who are only vocal after a loss. They will be persecuted.

The funny thing is that I notice the people youre talking about 5 to 1 over the level headed people that "seem" to keep things in perspective. Sometimes to me personally it makes it worse and makes us look ridiculous as a fan base. But 46 is right on this one. We cant tell people how be fans. Like the " Ive been a fan longer that you" posts about 10 years ago, at least people are on here being fans. That says something, even if it is annoying.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]