Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: I thought this was about the most complete game
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:33 pm 
* NET Radish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
Posts: 18002
Location: Spokane, Wa.
we've played all season.

Offense and defense played pretty well against one of the best offenses #4.

Granted our defense gave up some points, but for a play here or there and its a different game.

Offenses best game of the season as far as I'm concerned.

Did I hate the loss? Hell yes, but have to say I'm not surprised. Detroit has been a good team last year and it was only a matter of time till they woke up. We caught a desperate team at home and got beat by 4 points.

Yes a loss, but not that bad of one.

Did you all think we were going to the SB this year?

_________________
Image
The SuperB owl ladys have left the building with our thanks.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I thought this was about the most complete game
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:36 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:03 am
Posts: 209
Thanks for putting those thoughts into writing. For me,it's hard to take another loss when so much went right today.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I thought this was about the most complete game
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:40 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:01 pm
Posts: 330
Couldnt agree more. I think we are 1 season, and 1-2 key components away from being a very very good team. RW is growing. The O-line is coming together. We have a very young defence too. We aint gonna win it all this year, we are about a .500 team at this time, maybe 9-7. This team is going to grow, RW will imrpove, hopefully the young linebackers improve in coverage, same with Irvin too. All in all a gut wrenching loss, but I like what I am seeing from us going forward


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I thought this was about the most complete game
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:42 pm 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
Posts: 7407
Location: CVN-68
I agree - on the whole, it was a good complete game - except for special teams.

_________________
@SeahawkGreg

Image

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I thought this was about the most complete game
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:45 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:36 am
Posts: 1286
Location: Los Angeles, CA
The offense looked solid today, but I'm not sure how you can say the defense played a complete game today. The lack of pass rush really hampered our ability to cover their passing game. Clem can't do it all by himself. I keep seeing Irvin doing the same outside speed rush every time he lines up. Sherm had horrible coverage on Titus Young on their 2nd TD and Browner should have played inside coverage on Young at the end of the game.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I thought this was about the most complete game
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:58 pm 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:14 pm
Posts: 1733
That's a sobering thought. If that's the most complete game we can play then this team isn't going to the playoffs. The Lions had a shell of a back seven on defense and other teams with far less talent have found ways to get their offense off the field on third down.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I thought this was about the most complete game
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:05 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:26 am
Posts: 1522
The oline still fails to impress me

_________________
----


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I thought this was about the most complete game
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:16 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am
Posts: 9816
I could be wrong, but I think we have a losing record this year when Lynch is over 100. Weird season.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I thought this was about the most complete game
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:23 pm 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
Posts: 7407
Location: CVN-68
kearly wrote:
I could be wrong, but I think we have a losing record this year when Lynch is over 100. Weird season.


Lynch has 100+ yard games on the road against St Louis, SF and Detroit - all losses.

_________________
@SeahawkGreg

Image

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I thought this was about the most complete game
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:31 pm 
*NET #1 Sherman Fan*
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:14 pm
Posts: 638
Quote:
defense played pretty well



:?: :?:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I thought this was about the most complete game
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:36 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:33 pm
Posts: 2147
Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Raised: Florida
wtf.... .... not sure if serious.

_________________
Image
"Somehow a second year quarterback was more ready for this game, than a first ballot hall of famer!?"
-DMac 104.3 Denver The Fan after Super Bowl XLVIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I thought this was about the most complete game
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:36 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm
Posts: 3181
I can't feel like it's a complete game because the defense had a stinker.

People keep touting that Detroit had the 4th ranked offense. That was only in yards, with 404, and they had 415. So, take your average, and they went over it, which means defense didn't do their job.

Detroit was actually ranked 19th in points scoring, at 21.8 points a game, which they also eclipsed. They were 2nd to last in the league in red zone efficiency, at 30%, and today they were 100%. They were really poor at 3rd down efficiency (I forget ranking, but it was poor), and they were 75% today.

I don't know how you can give up 3/3 in the red zone for TDs, and give up 75% 3rd down conversions and call that side of the ball complete, unless that's what you expect out of our defense. If that's the expectation, then I wouldn't even be talking about playoffs, since those are near, if not the bottom of the league.

Lynch has four 100 yard games, per the graphic during the game. SF, Detroit, and AZ were all losses....which other game did he go for over 100 ?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I thought this was about the most complete game
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:39 pm 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
Posts: 7407
Location: CVN-68
Hawks46 wrote:
I can't feel like it's a complete game because the defense had a stinker.

People keep touting that Detroit had the 4th ranked offense. That was only in yards, with 404, and they had 415. So, take your average, and they went over it, which means defense didn't do their job.

Detroit was actually ranked 19th in points scoring, at 21.8 points a game, which they also eclipsed. They were 2nd to last in the league in red zone efficiency, at 30%, and today they were 100%. They were really poor at 3rd down efficiency (I forget ranking, but it was poor), and they were 75% today.

I don't know how you can give up 3/3 in the red zone for TDs, and give up 75% 3rd down conversions and call that side of the ball complete, unless that's what you expect out of our defense. If that's the expectation, then I wouldn't even be talking about playoffs, since those are near, if not the bottom of the league.

Lynch has four 100 yard games, per the graphic during the game. SF, Detroit, and AZ were all losses....which other game did he go for over 100 ?


Dallas.

_________________
@SeahawkGreg

Image

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I thought this was about the most complete game
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:43 pm 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
Posts: 8817
Location: Granite Falls, WA
I guess but the bottom line is we are a 500 football team.

This is the same old seahawks.

Good teams win this game.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I thought this was about the most complete game
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:43 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 2:40 pm
Posts: 499
Oh Radish. You are too funny.

Just because the Lions are #4 in yards doesn't mean they are the 4th best O in the league. The Lions have been down a lot this season, which means they have had to play catchup. Most of their yards and points have come during garbage time when the game is practically out of reach.

The Lions are #17 in points, which is a better measurement of success. The Lions offense has looked pretty pathetic-- especially if you compare them to last year's team.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I thought this was about the most complete game
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:45 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 2:40 pm
Posts: 499
I agree though, your offense looked good. Did enough to win in my opinion


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I thought this was about the most complete game
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:47 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:21 pm
Posts: 1343
The Radish wrote:
we've played all season.

Offense and defense played pretty well against one of the best offenses #4.


eeeehhhh

The Radish wrote:
Granted our defense gave up some points, but for a play here or there and its a different game.

we gave up almost 30 points on defense, some of those lion scoring drives were way back in their own territory. this was not a good defensive game.

The Radish wrote:
Offenses best game of the season as far as I'm concerned.

very very good point. i was actually more confident in the offense getting that drive than the defense holding it after.

The Radish wrote:
Did I hate the loss? Hell yes, but have to say I'm not surprised. Detroit has been a good team last year and it was only a matter of time till they woke up. We caught a desperate team at home and got beat by 4 points.


ehhh idk about this one. This wasn't the carolina panthers. This was a team that was already falling apart mentally and then suffered key losses which greatly hindered its ability to play properly. this was a game we should have taken advantage of. Remember how we prayed the hernandez wouldn't make it on that plane? bureleson (a key number 2) didn't make it.

they had no running game.

Richard Sherman kept his word and shut down megatron. can't deny that. and marshawn lych ran for 100 yards including a 70+ yarder. this is the second game in which marshawn took the game over and the team still lost it for him. and you can feel him checking out.

The Radish wrote:
Yes a loss, but not that bad of one.

blowing two leads to a team your supposed to beat is pretty bad.

The Radish wrote:
Did you all think we were going to the SB this year?

no but we expected to not be 7-9/ 8-8 again.

_________________
We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
Greatest defense in NFL history.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I thought this was about the most complete game
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:51 pm 
* NET Radish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
Posts: 18002
Location: Spokane, Wa.
blowing two leads to a team your supposed to beat is pretty bad.



This comment really tickles me.

Who said we should beat them,,,,you? Vegas wouldn't agree with you they had Lions by 2 1/2.

You are not the know all/see all in the nfl methinks. You seem mostly full of yourself.

I do agree I did misspeak a bit. I should have said this seemed like the most BALANCED game I've seen so far.

:les:

_________________
Image
The SuperB owl ladys have left the building with our thanks.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I thought this was about the most complete game
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:00 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
Posts: 4664
Location: The 5-0
Despite this rediculous 3rd down problem we have, I am not nearly as concerned with the D as I have been the O. The O took it to another level today and I think that takes us a step closer to being complete.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I thought this was about the most complete game
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:08 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:21 pm
Posts: 1343
The Radish wrote:
blowing two leads to a team your supposed to beat is pretty bad.



This comment really tickles me.

Who said we should beat them,,,,you? Vegas wouldn't agree with you they had Lions by 2 1/2.


Since we are bringing vegas into things lets use a little bit of vegas wizdom.
the home team is usually always granted three points.
at the very least we should have been a three point underdog. being a two and a half point underdog in a game at home does not mean your supposed to win it. it means "we are giving you the benifit of the doubt being at home and any given sunday but this other team is only at a disadvantage being on the road".


The Radish wrote:
You are not the know all/see all in the nfl methinks. You seem mostly full of yourself.


I never remember saying I was the know all/ see all in the NFL. I don't remember even elluding to it. Saying "we lost a game we should have won" isn't me basing anything off of magical crystals and black magic. its looking at the records, looking at the teams state of injury and looking at how that team is built and seeing some serious opportunities for exploiting their weaknesses. how that makes me a target for you to call me names much less that one is beyond me. How you gonna call me full of myself when your the guy who bans people for disagreeing with you?


The Radish wrote:
I do agree I did misspeak a bit. I should have said this seemed like the most BALANCED game I've seen so far.


there were many plays in this game that showed a much more balanced offense (which is all anyone ever really wanted). many of these plays that worked today were the same or similar plays that failed in san fran which shows that the play calling is improving and the failures in the bay where just one offs. i am feeling much better about this offense.

:les:[/quote]

_________________
We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
Greatest defense in NFL history.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I thought this was about the most complete game
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:22 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
Posts: 7701
Location: Surrounded by Elway, Tebow, and Manning jerseys
Tech Worlds wrote:
Good teams win this game.


You mean a road game against a team you're "supposed" to beat?

I guess San Francisco is no longer a "good team" since they blew one to the Vikings earlier this season. :roll:

If you want to make the argument that we're not a good team because our defense has severe issues with 3rd downs, then I'd agree.

If you want to make the argument that we're not a good team because we still seem to have issues with the chemistry between the QB and receivers, sure.

If you want to make the argument that we're not good because our coordinators seem to have issues adjusting to the opponent, and are good for several bonehead calls per game, absolutely.

Hell, if you just want to say we're not good because we have a 4-4 record, that's a valid argument.

But I can't get on board with these ridiculous platitudes about not being good because we failed to meet some arbitrary standard.

_________________
Image

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I thought this was about the most complete game
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:18 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 3870
Location: Tri Cities, WA
RW is looking good, you can see the improvement every week, rookie or no rookie he's going to make mistakes, errant throws, late throws, inaccurate throws, hell manning had some bad throws last night, but in my opinion he had a great game against the saints... i'm starting to feel much more confident in this offense, because yet again, our 3rd round rookie QB led us on yet another 4th quarter comeback drive for the win, which the defense pissed away, like they we're playing the greatest show on turf rams or something... if anybody doesn't see weakness and major concerns in our defense then you are just kidding yourself... our weakness has been discoverd and these weaknesses have been put on display for the last 2 weeks now, really actually 3 because new england started dinking and dunking us, we were just able to get a few key stops in that game. linebackers better learn how to cover that short stuff,and the TE's or at least make the tackle at the spot of the catch, or your going to see this over and over again... last time i checked RW doesn't play both ways, this loss is on the D big time.

i'm a realist, i love my hawks, but i'm not thinking SB or playoffs, i just want to see improvement.. we're 1, maybe 2 years away from being a force, providing we can keep the core of players together that long... Just My Opinion

_________________
World Champs - Sounds good don't it


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I thought this was about the most complete game
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:36 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am
Posts: 2435
The Radish wrote:
we've played all season.
Did you all think we were going to the SB this year?


No, but I did think we had a shot at the playoffs. I also thought we had a shot at challenging SF for the NFC West.

I guess my expectations for this team is higher than yours.

_________________
If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I thought this was about the most complete game
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:41 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
Posts: 7701
Location: Surrounded by Elway, Tebow, and Manning jerseys
Sgt. Largent wrote:
The Radish wrote:
we've played all season.
Did you all think we were going to the SB this year?


No, but I did think we had a shot at the playoffs. I also thought we had a shot at challenging SF for the NFC West.

I guess my expectations for this team is higher than yours.


Neither of those things is out of the realm of possibility at this point in the season.

_________________
Image

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I thought this was about the most complete game
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:39 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am
Posts: 2435
volsunghawk wrote:
Sgt. Largent wrote:
The Radish wrote:
we've played all season.
Did you all think we were going to the SB this year?


No, but I did think we had a shot at the playoffs. I also thought we had a shot at challenging SF for the NFC West.

I guess my expectations for this team is higher than yours.


Neither of those things is out of the realm of possibility at this point in the season.


Of course it's possible. But is it likely? No.

_________________
If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I thought this was about the most complete game
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:13 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:10 pm
Posts: 186
Location: Everett, WA
Not sure what defense you were watching. The D was horrendous yesterday.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I thought this was about the most complete game
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:14 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
Posts: 7701
Location: Surrounded by Elway, Tebow, and Manning jerseys
Sgt. Largent wrote:
volsunghawk wrote:
Sgt. Largent wrote:
No, but I did think we had a shot at the playoffs. I also thought we had a shot at challenging SF for the NFC West.

I guess my expectations for this team is higher than yours.


Neither of those things is out of the realm of possibility at this point in the season.


Of course it's possible. But is it likely? No.


I would argue that Seattle has a very good shot at a playoff berth, given the 2nd half schedule. You've got the 4 NFC division leaders, and then a massive clump of teams sitting close to .500. With 5 games at home and winnable road games coming up, I think Seattle has a pretty decent shot - especially with HTH tiebreakers over Green Bay and Dallas.

Our shot at a division crown will be better if Arizona beats SF, but the odds will be significantly longer if SF wins. The flipside of that, of course, is that our odds for a wildcard playoff berth increase if SF wins.

_________________
Image

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I thought this was about the most complete game
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:30 am 
* NET Philistine *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 14120
Location: Portland, OR
volsunghawk wrote:
Tech Worlds wrote:
Good teams win this game.


You mean a road game against a team you're "supposed" to beat?

I guess San Francisco is no longer a "good team" since they blew one to the Vikings earlier this season. :roll:

If you want to make the argument that we're not a good team because our defense has severe issues with 3rd downs, then I'd agree.

If you want to make the argument that we're not a good team because we still seem to have issues with the chemistry between the QB and receivers, sure.

If you want to make the argument that we're not good because our coordinators seem to have issues adjusting to the opponent, and are good for several bonehead calls per game, absolutely.

Hell, if you just want to say we're not good because we have a 4-4 record, that's a valid argument.

But I can't get on board with these ridiculous platitudes about not being good because we failed to meet some arbitrary standard.


Arbitrary standards are the best because you can always change them in order to find the downside of every situation.

_________________
Super Bowl Champions XVLIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I thought this was about the most complete game
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:59 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:12 pm
Posts: 1120
Location: The Rain Forest
We over-covered Meg... ergo, the others had room.

Wilson had a great game, the dropped passes were mostly gone.

The pass rusher needed to do more.

Not sure about some offensive coaching decisions.

Lil' Rus had a come behind game winner for chrisakes, we just left enough time for 'Lil Matt to do one too.

Can't wait to play the imploding Vikings. Go Vick.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I thought this was about the most complete game
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:13 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am
Posts: 2435
volsunghawk wrote:

I would argue that Seattle has a very good shot at a playoff berth, given the 2nd half schedule. You've got the 4 NFC division leaders, and then a massive clump of teams sitting close to .500. With 5 games at home and winnable road games coming up, I think Seattle has a pretty decent shot - especially with HTH tiebreakers over Green Bay and Dallas.

Our shot at a division crown will be better if Arizona beats SF, but the odds will be significantly longer if SF wins. The flipside of that, of course, is that our odds for a wildcard playoff berth increase if SF wins.


I'd agree with you if I had faith that the Hawks can get it rolling in all facets for the 2nd half of the season. But you know the old saying "prior history dictates future outcomes."

The first 8 games tell me that the Hawks are going to continue to play close games regardless of opponent. Which means we'll win some, and lose some. That spells 8-8.

_________________
If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I thought this was about the most complete game
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:16 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
Posts: 7701
Location: Surrounded by Elway, Tebow, and Manning jerseys
Sgt. Largent wrote:
volsunghawk wrote:

I would argue that Seattle has a very good shot at a playoff berth, given the 2nd half schedule. You've got the 4 NFC division leaders, and then a massive clump of teams sitting close to .500. With 5 games at home and winnable road games coming up, I think Seattle has a pretty decent shot - especially with HTH tiebreakers over Green Bay and Dallas.

Our shot at a division crown will be better if Arizona beats SF, but the odds will be significantly longer if SF wins. The flipside of that, of course, is that our odds for a wildcard playoff berth increase if SF wins.


I'd agree with you if I had faith that the Hawks can get it rolling in all facets for the 2nd half of the season. But you know the old saying "prior history dictates future outcomes."

The first 8 games tell me that the Hawks are going to continue to play close games regardless of opponent. Which means we'll win some, and lose some. That spells 8-8.


Yes, prior history does tend to dictate future outcomes. Last season, the team managed to get rolling later in the season, and I don't see any reason to think that this year's team can't do the same. We saw signs of life from the offense on the road, and why can't that continue?

Additionally, our defense seems to play better at home, and 5 of our final 8 are played in friendly confines (not to mention that we aren't facing a bunch of outstanding offenses in the 2nd half of the season like we did in the 1st half). Why can't the defense find itself again with the crowd roaring and lesser QBs across the line?

_________________
Image

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I thought this was about the most complete game
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:20 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm
Posts: 3181
"I guess San Francisco is no longer a "good team" since they blew one to the Vikings earlier this season"

San Fran is 5-2, we're 4-4. They've found a way to win a couple more than we have, thus they are a better team. You are what your record says you are.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I thought this was about the most complete game
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:24 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm
Posts: 3176
The Radish wrote:
BALANCED
:les:


Ballanced??, how the hell is allowing a 75% of the opponents to make those 3rd down conversions, BALLANCE, especially when your OFFENSE isn't coming close to mirroring those percentages in ANY game this Season?
I saw a pretty good outing for Russell Wilson, but our Defense did NOT hold up their end for the ballance you claim we had.
To answer your question about our going to the Super Bowl this Year?, no, "Defenses win Championships".
My dad was a Seahawks fan right up until the day he died (1985), and even then, he was hopeing to see them make it to the big dance.
I'll be a Seahawks fan right up till the day I cash in, but I see other teams making 2nd, and 3rd returns for the chances to winning it all AGAIN.
Why is it silly to expect the Seahawks to get that shot this Season?, if not this Season, maybe next?, or the next?
No, there's something missing in this BALLANCE thing you're touting, because if the much improved Seahawks Defense can't force more 3 & outs to the #17th Offense, we have taken a step backwards.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I thought this was about the most complete game
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:24 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am
Posts: 2435
volsunghawk wrote:

Additionally, our defense seems to play better at home, and 5 of our final 8 are played in friendly confines (not to mention that we aren't facing a bunch of outstanding offenses in the 2nd half of the season like we did in the 1st half). Why can't the defense find itself again with the crowd roaring and lesser QBs across the line?


I tell you what, if we can beat the Vikings this weekend I'll jump on board with your theory.......but even then that's assuming we can beat SF at home, which is a HUGE question mark..........AND win another road game to get to 10-6, which this team seems to have a really hard time doing (win on the road), regardless of opponent.

_________________
If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I thought this was about the most complete game
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:25 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
Posts: 7701
Location: Surrounded by Elway, Tebow, and Manning jerseys
Hawks46 wrote:
"I guess San Francisco is no longer a "good team" since they blew one to the Vikings earlier this season"

San Fran is 5-2, we're 4-4. They've found a way to win a couple more than we have, thus they are a better team. You are what your record says you are.


Exactly. Which if you read the rest of my post, was precisely what I was pointing out. San Fran isn't a bad team because they lost a road game to a middling team. Trotting out these arbitrary standards as to what makes a "good team" is kinda ridiculous.

_________________
Image

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I thought this was about the most complete game
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:26 am 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
Posts: 8817
Location: Granite Falls, WA
volsunghawk wrote:
Sgt. Largent wrote:
volsunghawk wrote:

I would argue that Seattle has a very good shot at a playoff berth, given the 2nd half schedule. You've got the 4 NFC division leaders, and then a massive clump of teams sitting close to .500. With 5 games at home and winnable road games coming up, I think Seattle has a pretty decent shot - especially with HTH tiebreakers over Green Bay and Dallas.

Our shot at a division crown will be better if Arizona beats SF, but the odds will be significantly longer if SF wins. The flipside of that, of course, is that our odds for a wildcard playoff berth increase if SF wins.


I'd agree with you if I had faith that the Hawks can get it rolling in all facets for the 2nd half of the season. But you know the old saying "prior history dictates future outcomes."

The first 8 games tell me that the Hawks are going to continue to play close games regardless of opponent. Which means we'll win some, and lose some. That spells 8-8.


Yes, prior history does tend to dictate future outcomes. Last season, the team managed to get rolling later in the season, and I don't see any reason to think that this year's team can't do the same. We saw signs of life from the offense on the road, and why can't that continue?

Additionally, our defense seems to play better at home, and 5 of our final 8 are played in friendly confines (not to mention that we aren't facing a bunch of outstanding offenses in the 2nd half of the season like we did in the 1st half). Why can't the defense find itself again with the crowd roaring and lesser QBs across the line?


Sure we will win some more games at home as the season rolls on. That is what a mediocre team does. Win or mostly win at home, rarely win on the road.

Sound familiar?

8 and 8, 9 and 7 at best.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I thought this was about the most complete game
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:33 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
Posts: 7701
Location: Surrounded by Elway, Tebow, and Manning jerseys
Tech Worlds wrote:
volsunghawk wrote:
Sgt. Largent wrote:

I'd agree with you if I had faith that the Hawks can get it rolling in all facets for the 2nd half of the season. But you know the old saying "prior history dictates future outcomes."

The first 8 games tell me that the Hawks are going to continue to play close games regardless of opponent. Which means we'll win some, and lose some. That spells 8-8.


Yes, prior history does tend to dictate future outcomes. Last season, the team managed to get rolling later in the season, and I don't see any reason to think that this year's team can't do the same. We saw signs of life from the offense on the road, and why can't that continue?

Additionally, our defense seems to play better at home, and 5 of our final 8 are played in friendly confines (not to mention that we aren't facing a bunch of outstanding offenses in the 2nd half of the season like we did in the 1st half). Why can't the defense find itself again with the crowd roaring and lesser QBs across the line?


Sure we will win some more games at home as the season rolls on. That is what a mediocre team does. Win or mostly win at home, rarely win on the road.

Sound familiar?

8 and 8, 9 and 7 at best.


Actually, I think we have a very good shot at winning all of our remaining home games, and I think we win at least 1 more on the road. I still think this is a 10-6 team that just came through the toughest part of its schedule with some surprising results and sitting at .500.

_________________
Image

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I thought this was about the most complete game
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:45 pm 
* 17Power Blogger *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am
Posts: 11206
volsunghawk wrote:
Actually, I think we have a very good shot at winning all of our remaining home games, and I think we win at least 1 more on the road. I still think this is a 10-6 team that just came through the toughest part of its schedule with some surprising results and sitting at .500.


With a rookie QB and relatively few passing weapons.

_________________
GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BeaHUman, dontbelikethat, etanate, Google [Bot], HoustonHawk82, jpetty38, LargentFan, Meanbob, onanygivensunday, Seanhawk, SeatownJay, tdlabrie, theascension, tperkins and 122 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.