I'm chillin'

Throwdown

Reaction score
Who's with me in the stuff happens camp?

I'm not down on the defense, even elite defenses have games like that, check out the losses SF has had

Russell Wilson is growing and WILL become a monster QB in this league, I'd put money on that right now.

I'm not worried, losses happen and alway have and always will, they suck but I'm not down about this at all.

jkitsune

Reaction score
I'm there. Maybe I'm too hungover to get upset, but I choose to look at the positives and the potential of the team.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I honestly didn't expect us to be a competitor this season. I felt we needed more on the offense.

It sucks to lose games we should win, but I'm not cancelling Christmas.

I do wonder about Carroll, however....he is not getting this team beyond the 7-8 or 8-8 level.

redeye81

Reaction score
yes i see the positives.. Wilson is a GAMER for sure and will get better with more games!

We need to shore up the middle on defense. Still not sure we have good enough WRs and our right tackle is weakness (i see him get pushed back into the QB too much)..

Killa Kam

Reaction score
Same here. I had us going 4-4 at the halfway point. But i didnt think the losses would be against the Rams, Lions; i had the Patriots and Packer games as losses. I believe in this team and PC but it's still kinda frustrating.

jkitsune

Reaction score
I honestly think it's not worth it to start wondering about Carroll. Yeah, the record is frustrating, but a couple of things are important to remember:

This team has been a monster in the draft, and the talent on the roster is skyrocketing. This team is INCREDIBLY young, and EXTREMELY talented. That translates into wins more often than not once players start to reach their prime. Everyone wants to win, losing sucks, and average teams are frustrating, but it doesn't take much imagination to see that this roster is growing more talented each year.

The defense as a unit is great. Yes, it sucked today, I'm not denying that, but it's genuinely talented and extremely young. It's not a mirage. They'll only get better the more they play.

We have a QB who looks legit, has a great deep ball, and gives us a legit play-action threat. He's still a rookie, and he throws some frustrating picks, but he has also improved dramatically over the course of the year, he is NOT too short, his pocket presence has improved, he's shown a knack for making clutch plays... That bodes really, really well for us.

Oh, and he was a 3rd rounder. Which means that first rounder next year doesn't have to go to a QB. It can go to playmakers.

Claden

Reaction score
I'm cool. Losing always sucks, especially in games you have a legit chance to win.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
jkitsune":p141kge7 said:
I honestly think it's not worth it to start wondering about Carroll. Yeah, the record is frustrating, but a couple of things are important to remember:

This team has been a monster in the draft, and the talent on the roster is skyrocketing. This team is INCREDIBLY young, and EXTREMELY talented. That translates into wins more often than not once players start to reach their prime. Everyone wants to win, losing sucks, and average teams are frustrating, but it doesn't take much imagination to see that this roster is growing more talented each year.

The defense as a unit is great. Yes, it sucked today, I'm not denying that, but it's genuinely talented and extremely young. It's not a mirage. They'll only get better the more they play.

We have a QB who looks legit, has a great deep ball, and gives us a legit play-action threat. He's still a rookie, and he throws some frustrating picks, but he has also improved dramatically over the course of the year, he is NOT too short, his pocket presence has improved, he's shown a knack for making clutch plays... That bodes really, really well for us.

Oh, and he was a 3rd rounder. Which means that first rounder next year doesn't have to go to a QB. It can go to playmakers.

Is it really fair to label us a "monster" in the draft? I'd say we are a monster if it translates into more wins, which it hasn't.

We've drafted well in spots...but if there is no change in the end result, what gives?

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
Honest to god, I didn't look at this like it was WE HAVE to make the playoffs, I didnt expect it at all, but it was the first time in a awhile where I felt like "Man we have a really good chance to get in" I felt it was possible, but not like I expected it. That doesn't mean I don't think it isn't possible, this team could catch fire starting next week and run the table, who knows? its the beauty of the NFL!

I'm look at next year as the playoffs or bust year, we still need to add some "touchdown" makers, and the oline needs a real starter at RT.

I'm just finding it hard to be down right now at all.

mistaowen

Reaction score
We could be Browns fans..... Guess that puts this season into perspective for how lucky we are to be competitive in every single game.

jkitsune

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2h09q01q said:
jkitsune":2h09q01q said:

Is it really fair to label us a "monster" in the draft? I'd say we are a monster if it translates into more wins, which it hasn't.

We've drafted well in spots...but if there is no change in the end result, what gives?

There's been an enormous change in the record of the team since Carroll took over, but rookies don't often immediately translate into wins. Compared to 3 years ago, the team's way better. Compared to last year, the QB is better, the OL is better, the receivers are about the same, and the D is better. It's easy to focus on the record alone and not notice the scores in those games, and the teams that they're playing. Yes, this was a shitty loss, but it was also a 3-point loss on the road to a very, very good Detroit team. A year or two ago, that's not a close game.

Like I said to someone else, if we're still 8-8 in two years, then we'll talk. But right now, I'm really encouraged by the development of RW, the OL, and the D.

And Sidney Rice beginning to emerge is a nice change, too.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":1x11kiqp said:

I'm not down on the defense, even elite defenses have games like that, check out the losses SF has had

Russell Wilson is growing and WILL become a monster QB in this league, I'd put money on that right now.

I'm not worried, losses happen and alway have and always will, they suck but I'm not down about this at all.
Yup.... I wasn't able to watch today, but listened for a few minutes while we were still up 17-14, but the Lions driving. I knew we were gonna lose at that point...shrugged and moved on. Kinda have given up on winning anything of importance this season after the debacle in San Fran. Still want to win, but I'll take it as a pleasant surprise instead of an expectation, and hope next year Wilson and company put it together.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1991hnv2 said:
Allright! We will get em next year!
What is with this attitude some people seem to have?

I don't think our only options are "freak out chicken little style at any bad thing that happens and dismiss all analysis and explanation as excuse making" or "let's play for draft picks". That's not the reality of the discussion.

largenutz

Reaction score
This has been a crazy year so far!hawks been in every game! I love watching rw3 "grow" every game! Its exciting to me, we gonna have a great team. . . One day. . .

HawkWow

Reaction score
Throwdown":7t3prwmf said:

Yours is a great attitude. I'm not worried about this year or next year. Starting a rookie QB, with a suspect line, I saw (and continue to see) this year as an extended pre-season. I believe we will be a monster next year.

If anyone expected us to go to the SB, their expectations were simply too high. Get away from that and we're having an excellent year while building what should be an excellent future.

smashmouth59

Reaction score
Thanks for the positive thread.

I am definitely chillaxin.

We have been in every game. Remember a few years ago when we were getting blown out by the Colts, Steelers, Falcons, Vikings etc. Most of us were saying we would give our left nut just to be in those games. Well now we are in every single one.

Yes it is hard to watch as they are all so close but holy shit its a lot of fun. We have at least a 50/50 chance each week; away or home against the NFL's most elite. We are in the conversation of best running game, best defense, best special teams, best gm... and yes. Russel Wilson may turn out to be the biggest qb steal since... maybe, dare i say Brady? I know, thats a stretch but the kid has skills.

It is an exciting time to be a Hawks fan.

Cheer up Seahawks.net.