I'm chillin'

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
I'm chillin'
Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:24 pm
  • Who's with me in the stuff happens camp?

I'm not down on the defense, even elite defenses have games like that, check out the losses SF has had

Russell Wilson is growing and WILL become a monster QB in this league, I'd put money on that right now.

I'm not worried, losses happen and alway have and always will, they suck but I'm not down about this at all.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Re: I'm chillin'
Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:25 pm
  • I'm there. Maybe I'm too hungover to get upset, but I choose to look at the positives and the potential of the team.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

• I'm with ya. We only get 16 gamedays a year, i'm going to enjoy them win or lose.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Yep. Would have liked this win, but I still see us finishing 10-6. Maybe we get to the playoffs, maybe we don't, but at the very least, I've seen improvement this year, and we've been competitive in EVERY game. Can't hate that.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:26 pm
  • I honestly didn't expect us to be a competitor this season. I felt we needed more on the offense.

It sucks to lose games we should win, but I'm not cancelling Christmas.

I do wonder about Carroll, however....he is not getting this team beyond the 7-8 or 8-8 level.
    @SeahawkGreg

GIVE US YOUR PINK SLIP, SANTA CLARA WHINERS. WE OWN YOU
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:26 pm
  • yes i see the positives.. Wilson is a GAMER for sure and will get better with more games!

We need to shore up the middle on defense. Still not sure we have good enough WRs and our right tackle is weakness (i see him get pushed back into the QB too much)..
    redeye81
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:30 pm
  • yeah mediocrity is a blast!
    Lithium
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:30 pm
  • Same here. I had us going 4-4 at the halfway point. But i didnt think the losses would be against the Rams, Lions; i had the Patriots and Packer games as losses. I believe in this team and PC but it's still kinda frustrating.
    Killa Kam
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:32 pm
  • I honestly think it's not worth it to start wondering about Carroll. Yeah, the record is frustrating, but a couple of things are important to remember:

This team has been a monster in the draft, and the talent on the roster is skyrocketing. This team is INCREDIBLY young, and EXTREMELY talented. That translates into wins more often than not once players start to reach their prime. Everyone wants to win, losing sucks, and average teams are frustrating, but it doesn't take much imagination to see that this roster is growing more talented each year.

The defense as a unit is great. Yes, it sucked today, I'm not denying that, but it's genuinely talented and extremely young. It's not a mirage. They'll only get better the more they play.

We have a QB who looks legit, has a great deep ball, and gives us a legit play-action threat. He's still a rookie, and he throws some frustrating picks, but he has also improved dramatically over the course of the year, he is NOT too short, his pocket presence has improved, he's shown a knack for making clutch plays... That bodes really, really well for us.

Oh, and he was a 3rd rounder. Which means that first rounder next year doesn't have to go to a QB. It can go to playmakers.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:34 pm
  • I'm cool. Losing always sucks, especially in games you have a legit chance to win.
    Claden
    NET Rookie

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:34 pm
  • I like this thread.
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:35 pm
  • jkitsune wrote:I honestly think it's not worth it to start wondering about Carroll. Yeah, the record is frustrating, but a couple of things are important to remember:

This team has been a monster in the draft, and the talent on the roster is skyrocketing. This team is INCREDIBLY young, and EXTREMELY talented. That translates into wins more often than not once players start to reach their prime. Everyone wants to win, losing sucks, and average teams are frustrating, but it doesn't take much imagination to see that this roster is growing more talented each year.

The defense as a unit is great. Yes, it sucked today, I'm not denying that, but it's genuinely talented and extremely young. It's not a mirage. They'll only get better the more they play.

We have a QB who looks legit, has a great deep ball, and gives us a legit play-action threat. He's still a rookie, and he throws some frustrating picks, but he has also improved dramatically over the course of the year, he is NOT too short, his pocket presence has improved, he's shown a knack for making clutch plays... That bodes really, really well for us.

Oh, and he was a 3rd rounder. Which means that first rounder next year doesn't have to go to a QB. It can go to playmakers.

Is it really fair to label us a "monster" in the draft? I'd say we are a monster if it translates into more wins, which it hasn't.

We've drafted well in spots...but if there is no change in the end result, what gives?
    @SeahawkGreg

GIVE US YOUR PINK SLIP, SANTA CLARA WHINERS. WE OWN YOU
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:38 pm
  • Honest to god, I didn't look at this like it was WE HAVE to make the playoffs, I didnt expect it at all, but it was the first time in a awhile where I felt like "Man we have a really good chance to get in" I felt it was possible, but not like I expected it. That doesn't mean I don't think it isn't possible, this team could catch fire starting next week and run the table, who knows? its the beauty of the NFL!

I'm look at next year as the playoffs or bust year, we still need to add some "touchdown" makers, and the oline needs a real starter at RT.

I'm just finding it hard to be down right now at all.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:39 pm
  • We could be Browns fans..... Guess that puts this season into perspective for how lucky we are to be competitive in every single game.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:42 pm
  • FlyingGreg wrote:
    jkitsune wrote:I honestly think it's not worth it to start wondering about Carroll. Yeah, the record is frustrating, but a couple of things are important to remember:

Is it really fair to label us a "monster" in the draft? I'd say we are a monster if it translates into more wins, which it hasn't.

We've drafted well in spots...but if there is no change in the end result, what gives?

There's been an enormous change in the record of the team since Carroll took over, but rookies don't often immediately translate into wins. Compared to 3 years ago, the team's way better. Compared to last year, the QB is better, the OL is better, the receivers are about the same, and the D is better. It's easy to focus on the record alone and not notice the scores in those games, and the teams that they're playing. Yes, this was a shitty loss, but it was also a 3-point loss on the road to a very, very good Detroit team. A year or two ago, that's not a close game.

Like I said to someone else, if we're still 8-8 in two years, then we'll talk. But right now, I'm really encouraged by the development of RW, the OL, and the D.

And Sidney Rice beginning to emerge is a nice change, too.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:17 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:Who's with me in the stuff happens camp?

I'm not down on the defense, even elite defenses have games like that, check out the losses SF has had

Russell Wilson is growing and WILL become a monster QB in this league, I'd put money on that right now.

I'm not worried, losses happen and alway have and always will, they suck but I'm not down about this at all.

Yup.... I wasn't able to watch today, but listened for a few minutes while we were still up 17-14, but the Lions driving. I knew we were gonna lose at that point...shrugged and moved on. Kinda have given up on winning anything of importance this season after the debacle in San Fran. Still want to win, but I'll take it as a pleasant surprise instead of an expectation, and hope next year Wilson and company put it together.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:31 pm
  • Allright! We will get em next year!
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:37 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:Allright! We will get em next year!

What is with this attitude some people seem to have?

I don't think our only options are "freak out chicken little style at any bad thing that happens and dismiss all analysis and explanation as excuse making" or "let's play for draft picks". That's not the reality of the discussion.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:37 pm
  • This has been a crazy year so far!hawks been in every game! I love watching rw3 "grow" every game! Its exciting to me, we gonna have a great team. . . One day. . .
    largenutz
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:38 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:Who's with me in the stuff happens camp?

Yours is a great attitude. I'm not worried about this year or next year. Starting a rookie QB, with a suspect line, I saw (and continue to see) this year as an extended pre-season. I believe we will be a monster next year.

If anyone expected us to go to the SB, their expectations were simply too high. Get away from that and we're having an excellent year while building what should be an excellent future.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:50 pm
  • Thanks for the positive thread.

I am definitely chillaxin.

We have been in every game. Remember a few years ago when we were getting blown out by the Colts, Steelers, Falcons, Vikings etc. Most of us were saying we would give our left nut just to be in those games. Well now we are in every single one.

Yes it is hard to watch as they are all so close but holy shit its a lot of fun. We have at least a 50/50 chance each week; away or home against the NFL's most elite. We are in the conversation of best running game, best defense, best special teams, best gm... and yes. Russel Wilson may turn out to be the biggest qb steal since... maybe, dare i say Brady? I know, thats a stretch but the kid has skills.

It is an exciting time to be a Hawks fan.

Cheer up Seahawks.net.
    "I don't know why anyone thinks the NFL is going to start the season with a rematch of one of the most lopsided Super Bowls of all-time.

They want a competitive game, not an ass-pounding." --- Broncos Fan
    smashmouth59
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:59 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:Allright! We will get em next year!

Frankly, I sick of this "manana"(Spanish) rhetoric. I keep hearing how we are supposedly getting better with every year and every game since Pete and his coaching staff have arrived. Well...our win-loss record says otherwise. Guess what...an "almost win" is still a loss in my book. It seems that our players just aren't "pissed off" enough to win on the Road. Should the Vikings whip our ass next week, I am done caring about this season.
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:09 pm
  • I don't care one way or the other, either.

Meh.

Meh.

Meh.

Why bother?
    Might just skip flying to Seattle next week for the game. And Toronto, too. Hell. We will get 'me next year!

That's the spirit of 12 talkin!
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:16 pm
  • Let's all just chill because it's okay to lose. Yeh I am content with losing because I didn't think we were that good anyhow. Yeh its okay. Next year is our year guys! Look how much we have improved!

I am so tired of mediocrity. But what makes it even harder are the fans who accept being mediocre.

Maybe you all will care more next year when blackouts creep in and you can't watch the games on tv anymore.

I like Pete Carroll. But he needs to start winning games.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:31 pm
  • "what makes it even harder are the fans who accept being mediocre."

Sorry for making it harder on you. Lord knows you have it hard enough as it is.
    "I don't know why anyone thinks the NFL is going to start the season with a rematch of one of the most lopsided Super Bowls of all-time.

They want a competitive game, not an ass-pounding." --- Broncos Fan
    smashmouth59
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:33 pm
  • I think I'm just happy that we seem to be in every game.
    DrinkinTheLimerade
    NET Rookie

Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:49 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:Let's all just chill because it's okay to lose. Yeh I am content with losing because I didn't think we were that good anyhow. Yeh its okay. Next year is our year guys! Look how much we have improved!

I am so tired of mediocrity. But what makes it even harder are the fans who accept being mediocre.

Maybe you all will care more next year when blackouts creep in and you can't watch the games on tv anymore.

Not all of us choose to be as miserable after losses like this as you do. And I doubt that the Hawks will be blacked out next year.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:52 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:Let's all just chill because it's okay to lose. Yeh I am content with losing because I didn't think we were that good anyhow. Yeh its okay. Next year is our year guys! Look how much we have improved!

I saw nothing in this thread that suggests anyone is content with mediocrity. You make it sound like the FO is still dicking around with TJack and CW and losing games without trying to improve the team, yet the fan base is still saying "oh well, better luck next time". Nobody is saying that and those you perceive to be less-than-militant are actually considering the fact this is a process and are not overly surprized our rookie is not leading this young squad to a 2012 SB victory.

All things considered, anything over .500 should be considered promising under the circumstances and like yourself, most like Pete Carroll. Few want him to win fewer games.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:55 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:I'm with ya. We only get 16 gamedays a year, i'm going to enjoy them win or lose.

Frustrated? Yes but the best comment Ive seen on here in weeks
    TLD0550
    NET Starter

Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:59 pm
  • I've never understood the need some have for everyone to jump off a cliff with them. As if somehow things will be better if no one tries to stay calm after disappointing losses. Somehow it's just unacceptable to acknowledge that there's actually some good stuff happening to the Seahawks and be hopeful for that - no, that's just being 'content with mediocrity.'
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:05 pm

Old schtick is old. We are building a championship team. Chill.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:16 pm
  • We're 8-0 in moral victories! Maybe we can make the moral playoffs where we don't keep score and everyone's a winner!
    "I'm gonna call him--what do you call the guy on the trampoline?--Harry Houdini or something like that." -Warren Moon on Golden Tate
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:18 pm
  • WindCityHawk wrote:We're 8-0 in moral victories! Maybe we can make the moral playoffs where we don't keep score and everyone's a winner!

That's actually pretty funny. Cheers.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:40 pm
  • jkitsune wrote:I've never understood the need some have for everyone to jump off a cliff with them. As if somehow things will be better if no one tries to stay calm after disappointing losses. Somehow it's just unacceptable to acknowledge that there's actually some good stuff happening to the Seahawks and be hopeful for that - no, that's just being 'content with mediocrity.'

Sorry dude, but the NFL is no place for moral victories......save that stuff for high school and college.

I'm glad our offense finally put a decent game together, but what happened with the D should alarm you. This is now eight games into a season where the defense can't get off the damn field on 3rd down. Why? Wasn't this suppose to be the Legion of Boom? What happened to our pass rush? We couldn't even pressure a bad O-Line without blitzing. Why do our LB's continue to drop too deep on 3rd and long and give up 10-15 yard plays for first downs?

This game was extra frustrating because there's no way in hell with this D that we lose a game where the offense scores 24 points. Inexcusable.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:10 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    jkitsune wrote:I've never understood the need some have for everyone to jump off a cliff with them. As if somehow things will be better if no one tries to stay calm after disappointing losses. Somehow it's just unacceptable to acknowledge that there's actually some good stuff happening to the Seahawks and be hopeful for that - no, that's just being 'content with mediocrity.'

Sorry dude, but the NFL is no place for moral victories......save that stuff for high school and college.

I'm glad our offense finally put a decent game together, but what happened with the D should alarm you. This is now eight games into a season where the defense can't get off the damn field on 3rd down. Why? Wasn't this suppose to be the Legion of Boom? What happened to our pass rush? We couldn't even pressure a bad O-Line without blitzing. Why do our LB's continue to drop too deep on 3rd and long and give up 10-15 yard plays for first downs?

This game was extra frustrating because there's no way in hell with this D that we lose a game where the offense scores 24 points. Inexcusable.

Take the straw man to another thread. I didn't say anything about a moral victory. It's a loss, and a shitty one. But I think it's ridiculous to act as if the team is devoid of potential or the future looks any less bright for having failed today.

And no, the D shouldn't 'alarm' me. The 3rd down scheme alarms me, yes, and I think the LBs dropping back that deep is likely a result of playcalling. I could be wrong - I'm no expert on this sort of thing. Our inconsistent pass rush is a weakness that needs to be addressed, just like our LBs used to be a weakness, and our DBs used to be a weakness, and our run D used to be a weakness. Weaknesses get taken care of over time, and year after year weaknesses have been checked off.

QB was a weakness. We seem to have a solution. OL was a weakness. It's improved dramatically and, IMO, has improved during this year as well. Our running game was ATROCIOUS (remember the years where we couldn't even score a rushing TD?), and now it's a strength. If you don't see a pattern that gives you any comfort in the wake of a disappointing loss, then that really sucks for you. Honestly. That's got to be a really exhausting way to follow a Seattle sports team.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:15 pm
  • T-Sizzle wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:Let's all just chill because it's okay to lose. Yeh I am content with losing because I didn't think we were that good anyhow. Yeh its okay. Next year is our year guys! Look how much we have improved!

Old schtick is old. We are building a championship team. Chill.

Everyone is building a championship team. Proof is in the pudding.

You can chill if you want, but this team is far from championship quality and I refuse to act like it is.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:34 pm
  • -- Why do some people go on these negative rants?, because it's easy, and they want the chance to say I told you so. They never want to just give the other team some frigging credit. That was a great throw by Stafford to Young to beat us. Were there things I don't agree with, sure. I wish they would have moved Red inside near the end to get more speed on the edge. But maybe they had a very legit reason for doing something else. Fact is, I don't know, and neither do you. But we can all ramble on about coaching mistakes, and getting "outcoached". Maybe Wilson is still very mistake prone in practice, so they try not to put too much on him. The bit I don't get is if you think we are so bad, then losing on the road to a team like the Lions shouldn't surprise you. You should only be disappointed if you think we are a good team. But don't let logic get in the way of a good rant.

-- My favorite line of tripe is "maybe you accept losing, but I don't" Really, what have you done to show how unaccepting you are? Post comments on a board like this? Maybe skip a game because you are so smart you just KNOW we are going to get our tails handed to us? Yeah, some guys even missed one of the most exciting games in Seahawk history due to that attitude. I hate losing, but I know young teams take a bit to build, especially in cohesion and confidence. The kids soccer team I coach was 1-2-1 in September, but we have now hit our stride and got our confidence up, and were 4-0 (outscoring our opponents 19-0). It can come together, and it can happen suddenly. I had hoped for 4-4 in the first half of the season, but admit to being greedy over the last two weeks knowing how close we were to 6-2. But we are exactly where I originally thought we would be. But I am even more optimistic for the second half than I originally was. I am impressed with Wilson's progress. I thought 5-3 would be the best we could do. I now see 6-2, maybe 7-1 with some breaks. But you know what, even if we go 1-7 the rest of the way, I'll still watch, I'll still cheer. I don't quit, and you should be ashamed of yourself if you do.

Mase
    Mase
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:37 pm
  • Mase wrote:-- Why do some people go on these negative rants?, because it's easy, and they want the chance to say I told you so. They never want to just give the other team some frigging credit. That was a great throw by Stafford to Young to beat us. Were there things I don't agree with, sure. I wish they would have moved Red inside near the end to get more speed on the edge. But maybe they had a very legit reason for doing something else. Fact is, I don't know, and neither do you. But we can all ramble on about coaching mistakes, and getting "outcoached". Maybe Wilson is still very mistake prone in practice, so they try not to put too much on him. The bit I don't get is if you think we are so bad, then losing on the road to a team like the Lions shouldn't surprise you. You should only be disappointed if you think we are a good team. But don't let logic get in the way of a good rant.

-- My favorite line of tripe is "maybe you accept losing, but I don't" Really, what have you done to show how unaccepting you are? Post comments on a board like this? Maybe skip a game because you are so smart you just KNOW we are going to get our tails handed to us? Yeah, some guys even missed one of the most exciting games in Seahawk history due to that attitude. I hate losing, but I know young teams take a bit to build, especially in cohesion and confidence. The kids soccer team I coach was 1-2-1 in September, but we have now hit our stride and got our confidence up, and were 4-0 (outscoring our opponents 19-0). It can come together, and it can happen suddenly. I had hoped for 4-4 in the first half of the season, but admit to being greedy over the last two weeks knowing how close we were to 6-2. But we are exactly where I originally thought we would be. But I am even more optimistic for the second half than I originally was. I am impressed with Wilson's progress. I thought 5-3 would be the best we could do. I now see 6-2, maybe 7-1 with some breaks. But you know what, even if we go 1-7 the rest of the way, I'll still watch, I'll still cheer. I don't quit, and you should be ashamed of yourself if you do.

Mase

Huh?
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:58 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information