Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: We have to go undefeated at home
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:23 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:52 pm
Posts: 763
Location: Redmond, WA
that will give us 9 wins. Honestly who knows if we will win another road game this year. @ miami and @ chicago. Not looking good. Then a toss up game in Toronto against the bills.

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage
U MAD BRAH?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We have to go undefeated at home
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:41 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:51 pm
Posts: 191
Location: new york,ny
enough already..........play callin is aweful on both sides


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We have to go undefeated at home
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:10 pm 
* NET Sage *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm
Posts: 4359
Wouldn't rule it out.

_________________
February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We have to go undefeated at home
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:49 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:14 pm
Posts: 460
I'd put my money on it...

Worst thing of all is that every other team in the league would be 12-4 or better when unbeaten at home

We can go Undeated at home and go 1 -7 on the road be 9-7 and just kiss the playoffs goodbye

_________________
Week 1 of the preseason vs. The Tennessee Titans, I said the Seahawks were winning the superbowl...

"Oh and by the way, Go Hawks!!!" Russel Wilson


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We have to go undefeated at home
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:04 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:11 am
Posts: 1018
Location: Utah
If we go undefeated at home and 1-7 on the road and make the playoffs................we will be rewarded with a road game against an elite NFC team.

We need road wins to ensure home field when it counts. We have the best home field advantage in the NFL, we need to earn it with gritty road wins.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We have to go undefeated at home
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:38 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
Posts: 7723
Location: Surrounded by Elway, Tebow, and Manning jerseys
skater18000 wrote:
Worst thing of all is that every other team in the league would be 12-4 or better when unbeaten at home


Let me get this straight...

You're arguing that all 31 other teams in the league are .500 or better teams on the road?

This "NFL" thing is new to you, isn't it? :roll:

_________________
Image

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We have to go undefeated at home
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:48 am 
* NET Sage *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm
Posts: 4359
volsunghawk wrote:
skater18000 wrote:
Worst thing of all is that every other team in the league would be 12-4 or better when unbeaten at home


Let me get this straight...

You're arguing that all 31 other teams in the league are .500 or better teams on the road?

This "NFL" thing is new to you, isn't it? :roll:


7-1/8-0 teams at home last season.
San Fran 7-1 (13-3 overall)
New Orleans 8-0 (13-3 overall)
Green Bay 8-0 (15-1 overall)
Pittsburgh 7-1 (12-4 overall)
Baltimore 8-0 (12-4 overall)
New England 7-1 (13-3 overall)

7-1/8-0 teams at home 2010 season
New England 8-0 (14-2 overall)
Baltimore 7-1 (12-4 overall)
Kansas City 7-1 (10-6 overall)
Green Bay 7-1 (10-6 overall)

Atlanta 7-1 (13-3 overall)

7-1/8-0 teams at home 2009 season
New England 8-0 (10-6 overall)
Indianapolis 7-1 (14-2 overall)
Minnesota 8-0 (12-4 overall)

7-1/8-0 teams at home 2008 season
Tennessee 7-1 (13-3 overall)
NY Giants 7-1 (12-4 overall)
Carolina 8-0 (12-4 overall)
Atlanta 7-1 (11-5 overall)

Only 3 teams out of 18 with home records of 7-1 or 8-0 have had road records under .500 since 2008

(Insert eye roll smiley here)

_________________
February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We have to go undefeated at home
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:51 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
Posts: 7723
Location: Surrounded by Elway, Tebow, and Manning jerseys
Hasselbeck wrote:
volsunghawk wrote:
skater18000 wrote:
Worst thing of all is that every other team in the league would be 12-4 or better when unbeaten at home


Let me get this straight...

You're arguing that all 31 other teams in the league are .500 or better teams on the road?

This "NFL" thing is new to you, isn't it? :roll:


7-1/8-0 teams at home last season.
San Fran 7-1 (13-3 overall)
New Orleans 8-0 (13-3 overall)
Green Bay 8-0 (15-1 overall)
Pittsburgh 7-1 (12-4 overall)
Baltimore 8-0 (12-4 overall)
New England 7-1 (13-3 overall)

7-1/8-0 teams at home 2010 season
New England 8-0 (14-2 overall)
Baltimore 7-1 (12-4 overall)
Kansas City 7-1 (10-6 overall)
Green Bay 7-1 (10-6 overall)

Atlanta 7-1 (13-3 overall)

7-1/8-0 teams at home 2009 season
New England 8-0 (10-6 overall)
Indianapolis 7-1 (14-2 overall)
Minnesota 8-0 (12-4 overall)

7-1/8-0 teams at home 2008 season
Tennessee 7-1 (13-3 overall)
NY Giants 7-1 (12-4 overall)
Carolina 8-0 (12-4 overall)
Atlanta 7-1 (11-5 overall)

Only 3 teams out of 18 with home records of 7-1 or 8-0 have had road records under .500 since 2008

(Insert eye roll smiley here)


Obviously, you read skater's post differently than I did.

_________________
Image

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We have to go undefeated at home
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:59 am 
* NET Sage *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm
Posts: 4359
volsunghawk wrote:
Obviously, you read skater's post differently than I did.


He basically says unlike most teams who are amazing at home, we aren't even average on the road.. and he's right. Nearly all of those teams I posted at least managed to win 4 games on the road. Only 3 teams fared worse.. and even then they still won 3 games on the road.

This team is awful away from CLink.. and for some reason they have been that way for most of the past decade, 2005 removed.

Figuring we probably win the next 2 games (we should after all, given the fact they are at home..) you're looking at a 6-4 team at the bye with the season in its balance the following two weeks. The difference between the Seahawks finishing at .500 or making the playoffs? It's those last 3 games on the road after the bye.

_________________
February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We have to go undefeated at home
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:12 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
Posts: 7723
Location: Surrounded by Elway, Tebow, and Manning jerseys
Hasselbeck wrote:
volsunghawk wrote:
Obviously, you read skater's post differently than I did.


He basically says unlike most teams who are amazing at home, we aren't even average on the road.. and he's right. Nearly all of those teams I posted at least managed to win 4 games on the road. Only 3 teams fared worse.. and even then they still won 3 games on the road.

This team is awful away from CLink.. and for some reason they have been that way for most of the past decade, 2005 removed.

Figuring we probably win the next 2 games (we should after all, given the fact they are at home..) you're looking at a 6-4 team at the bye with the season in its balance the following two weeks. The difference between the Seahawks finishing at .500 or making the playoffs? It's those last 3 games on the road after the bye.


"every other team in the league would be 12-4 or better when unbeaten at home"

First off, we can point out that he's wrong based on the data you provided. So there's that.

If you include 2007, you find that the Steelers and Browns joined the Seahawks as 10-6 teams that went 7-1 at home and 3-5 on the road.

The Chiefs in 2005 and Ravens in 2003 were similar.

I think that we've seen enough examples to know that there are some teams who feed on homefield advantage, and we are clearly one of them.

I think it comes down to identifying what our team is. Are we a potential contender that shoots itself in the foot on the road, or are we a middle-of-the-pack team that is a monster to deal with at the Clink? And which one of those scenarios is more sure to cause psychotic meltdowns here at .NET? :mrgreen:


(Personally, I think we're the latter. I think we're a year away from being a real contender, and that the experience gained this year will pay dividends next season. Lucky for me, I think that's the easier scenario to handle, as well... it puts expectations for this season into a realistic frame.)

_________________
Image

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We have to go undefeated at home
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:14 am 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
Posts: 7672
Location: Maple Valley, WA
I am absolutely expecting to lose every away game the rest of the way. Losing to the Rams and Lions gives me absolutely ZERO confidence we will beat the Dolphins, Bears or Bills.

_________________
Image

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We have to go undefeated at home
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:32 am 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
Posts: 8836
Location: Granite Falls, WA
I think we will lose a home game. Happens to most all the teams. Even the good ones.

8 and 8

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.