Gotta put Pete in the cross hairs

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Gotta put Pete in the cross hairs
Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:04 pm
  • This team went from a very bad division at 7-9 to a easier schedule at 7-9 to a legitimate contender at 4-4 after 8 grueling weeks.

He has built one of the best secondaries in the league, a QB who, in his rookie season, looks like a solid NFL QB but is still pieces away from being great.

10-6 is not too hard to think is possible. And even 8-8, while disappointing, would still be an improvement and considering our schedule, respectable.

How this season finishes will determine if he is on the hot seat next year.
    SUPER BOWL 48 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:27 pm
  • edogg23 wrote:Did anyone else wonder what was up with the running play with 12 sec left in the second quarter? Seems like it screwed us out of 3 points.

Playing not to lose instead of playing to win. Sark pulled the same crap last nite but in the end, Wilcox's defense was hungrier than *Pete's was today.

* Yes, Pete's play calling was more to blame than the defense itself, but you can't put it all on Pete. Not at this level. The D is the strength of this team and they lost this one today. They are a young unit and got a taste of humility. Let's hope they remember this feeling for a long time to come.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:35 pm
  • I don't really know what this thread is about.

You want to assess him? Ok, go ahead. We do that every week, Pete has been criticized for bonehead moves in personnel (Charlie) and on the field (see: 61 yd FG attempt at the Clink last year among others). I don't think Pete is beyond reproach, and I don't think that's how he's been treated.

So you're saying put him in the crosshairs but not in the hot seat? What does that even mean? I just don't understand the difference between these abstract concepts. If you mean judge him for his decisions...ok....that happens week in and week out. If you mean consider replacing him, in which case crosshairs and hot seat are the same thing, then I don't think it's time for that yet. It doesn't sound like you're advocating replacing him this offseason, so then what are we talking about?

All I can take from this whole thing is that you want to judge and criticize Pete week to week, not think about replacing him this year, but be open to the idea of replacing him after next year if things don't go well? That's where everybody on this board is at, I think, you just used the word crosshairs.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:37 pm
  • Damn right he needs to be looked at, I look at team like the Dolphins, doing more with less. Today was atrocious, that's a soft team they let hang around then beat them.

I'm not saying fire Pete, but his job is to get them over the hump. Its hasn't happened yet, and it may waste another year. Rice was kinda a bonehead today, Tate last week, Breno week before, etc and for 2 weeks straight our Defense gets worked via scheme.

Frustrating.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:37 pm
  • 7 and 9 seasons each year are not good enough for me.

He gets paid to win. I am becoming tired of waiting.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:59 pm
  • The fact that we're here having this conversation means the team is headed in the right direction.

For comparison sake, go take a look at 2001 Seattle Seahawks under 3rd year HC Mike Holmgren. Now tell me, which team would you rather have? The fact that we're coming out every week expecting to win is a positive. Just two years ago we were expecting to lose these games. SF turned around so quickly because they got a football coach that knows what the crap he's doing with a football team. MIA is playing way over their heads right now. I think Pete gets his 5 years at the least, the last time Paul Allen hand picked his head coach it was Holmgren and he got the full contract and then some even though the team consistently under-performed until 2005. Paul genuinely seems to like Pete Carroll and as long as Pete and John can show any sort of improvement and can quantify why they have their jobs then Paul is going to let them run with their plan.
    Navyhawkfan187
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:07 pm
  • I agree. The niners lost the the vikes 24-13 with a 17-3 halftime score. They also lost the NYG 26-3 and the score didn't really show how they were dominated. and that was a home game.

i don't want a so-so team, I want divison amd conference champions, but I think this team is on the verge.
    truehawksfan
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:08 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information