Do people need me to hand out the bipolar meds?

O-LineFan

Reaction score
This is pitiful, one minute everyone is singing the praises of our hawks, the next minute all I hear is bashing and weeping. Get over yourselves and be supportive. Ridiculous.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Disappointment is often formed by one's expectations. Has nothing to do with support really.

OP
OP
O-LineFan

O-LineFan

Reaction score
There's that well-known cancer motto of "managing our expectations." If people want a blowout of the number 4 offense, they're way off base. Every game has been close this season, and it's going to be the same every single week.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Tough to be supportive when it is three straight weeks watching teams throw it 5 yards over the middle of the field with ease that turn into first downs. That is just horrid coaching and adjustments.

Add to that this is easily the worst third down defense in the league.

OP
OP
O-LineFan

O-LineFan

Reaction score
mistaowen":14xisqt5 said:
Tough to be supportive when it is three straight weeks watching teams throw it 5 yards over the middle of the field with ease that turn into first downs. That is just horrid coaching and adjustments.

soooo, you think trash talking on some online forum is gonna make things all better and our linebackers will all go pro-bowl? I guess it's up to each individual to control their mood swings, but bashing your team and calling them awful (as so many have done), is showing fair-weather fanism.

OP
OP
O-LineFan

O-LineFan

Reaction score
JSeahawks":10ba423y said:
Could you please make it cyanide pills?

I could do that, or you could start liking the Falcons. They're winning, most people here would be much happier following them.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
O-LineFan":23pj67aa said:
mistaowen":23pj67aa said:

soooo, you think trash talking on some online forum is gonna make things all better and our linebackers will all go pro-bowl? I guess it's up to each individual to control their mood swings, but bashing your team and calling them awful (as so many have done), is showing fair-weather fanism.

The team sucked today what kind of kool aid does one have to be drinking to not see this???

Passion is part of what makes us fans.

They were awful today, and suck on the road.

mistaowen

Reaction score
1) point out where I trash talked
2) that isn't 'bashing' it is pointing critical aspects of our team that creep up on us in every loss. How about you add some actual discussion and not just offer some of your bipolar medication?
3) clearly my post shows fair-weather fanism because I state what has been killing us without changes. I'm glad you pulled the fan card so quickly.

This is a fan discussion forum, so obviously, no I don't think it is going to make things better since I have zero control over them. It is making ASSESSMENTS/DISCUSSION.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
O-LineFan":1pv1de6f said:
This is pitiful, one minute everyone is singing the praises of our hawks, the next minute all I hear is bashing and weeping. Get over yourselves and be supportive. Ridiculous.
:13: parents have failed at raising their children....what you see is the result.

Seeker

Reaction score
no no its not.
this isn't nazi germany,
we don't have to abide by the team no matter what.
we are seeing some OBVIOUS regression on this team right now and i for one am not gonna sit by and not say anything to look like a "good fan".
people show their support by paying their hard earned money and spending their important time watching these guys go out there and phone it in.

Yes peoples expectations were high this year THATS WHATS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN when you think you have a good team.

this defense has always had a third down problem and no one has said anything becuase it was the anti RW movement. all they had to do was stop stafford at ANY point in time and we couldn't do it. the same way they couldn't stop san fransico who basically did the exact same play 15 times in a row and it worked.

You can stand perfectly still and pass over the middle all day, no matter who you are. Chad Pennington, hell CC Peniston could have thrown over the middle all day. we will not touch the QB, we will let you get 99 yards and a touchdown.

maybe the defense has given up due to the offense but whatever it is i don't wanna hear no more talk about elite D. when we get ranked no higher than 11 this year no matter what we do and you feel disrespected, remember this game and why we don't. Seeing your team lose to its second inferior opponent on undisciplined and uncharacteristic play and not being happy is no where near bipolar.

Rat

Reaction score
We're passionate fans of a team that just had a very disappointing performance. It's no different than when we're all gushing after a win. It happens with every fan base.

Some of you have ridiculous expectations for the fans.

OP
OP
O-LineFan

O-LineFan

Reaction score
mistaowen":30pyp4h8 said:
2) that isn't 'bashing' it is pointing critical aspects of our team that creep up on us in every loss. How about you add some actual discussion and not just offer some of your bipolar medication?
3) clearly my post shows fair-weather fanism because I state what has been killing us without changes. I'm glad you pulled the fan card so quickly.

This is a fan discussion forum, so obviously, no I don't think it is going to make things better since I have zero control over them. It is making ASSESSMENTS/DISCUSSION.

Come on sweet heart, look on the main board right now. I'm not saying that YOU specifically are throwing crap, but it's all over this board. Seems like every time we lose, people lose their marbles and the gnashing of teeth replaces intelligent discussion.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
O-line fan read the last 5 posts above you, you will start to understand things a little better, it's not rocket science.

hawker84

Reaction score
take this bi polar talk somewhere else, we aint tryin to hear it.. we have serious issues on both sides of the ball, and we're pissed cuz we're not seeing adjustmenst and more importantly improvments in critical times.... and we're sick of seeing it, this is the place we vent... thats what this place is for, has nothing to do with support, or lack there of.... we love our team and we want them to do well... when they're not because of obvious coaching blunders, we're going to criticize....

OP
OP
O-LineFan

O-LineFan

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":37h6795c said:
O-line fan read the last 5 posts above you, you will start to understand things a little better, it's not rocket science.

I got it, I got it, but I really don't think passion= Cam Newton-esque moping. Tom Brady and Payton Manning are passionate, but you don't see them bad-mouthing their team mates and telling them they suck. Sure they explode on their team mates, but I seriously doubt they drag them down and tell them they suck.

I get passion, I don't get moping and turning on the team. Sure they struggled on third down, that's nothing new. But that's no reason to get the pitchforks and torches.

mistaowen

Reaction score
O-LineFan":2kp5r1d5 said:
mistaowen":2kp5r1d5 said:

Come on sweet heart, look on the main board right now. I'm not saying that YOU specifically are throwing crap, but it's all over this board. Seems like every time we lose, people lose their marbles and the gnashing of teeth replaces intelligent discussion.

Are you excited with what you saw out there then? RW, Rice, and Lynch had great games, but their D isn't good with mostly backups due to injuries. We continue to get torched over the middle on D. Unless we are at home we get minimal pass rush. It seems like the things that hurt us at the start are getting worse.

People are passionate about this and when we go out there and lay an egg like we did on D, it is very disappointing. Obviously some go overboard with sky falling posts, but the mods do a good job cleaning it up. Instead of taking shots at them, why not discuss what you think are the issues, sweetheart.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Rat":1tp6axev said:
We're passionate fans of a team that just had a very disappointing performance. It's no different than when we're all gushing after a win. It happens with every fan base.

Some of you have ridiculous expectations for the fans.
Acting like adults with an ounce of perspective is a pretty big request, I'll try to adjust.

Exploding

Reaction score
O-LineFan":1mkzu4ct said:
NFSeahawks628":1mkzu4ct said:

I got it, I got it, but I really don't think passion= Cam Newton-esque moping. Tom Brady and Payton Manning are passionate, but you don't see them bad-mouthing their team mates and telling them they suck. Sure they explode on their team mates, but I seriously doubt they drag them down and tell them they suck.

I get passion, I don't get moping and turning on the team. Sure they struggled on third down, that's nothing new. But that's no reason to get the pitchforks and torches.

This is just a dumb concept. Nobody is getting the pitchforks and torches - people who are claiming they are not rooting for our Hawks any more and are finding a new time would be doing that. Not really happening.

People are complaining because we have lost yet another very winnable game. And this time, its extra frustrating because our defense, supposedly the strength of our team and one of the best in the NFL, got torched. If people weren't complaining, it would be fan apathy, which is just about the worst thing that can happen to a franchise. Stop whining about the whining, its normal and almost a good thing.