strong home field advantage hurts us

Crizilla

Reaction score
its a mental thing. For some reason we just look like a COMPLETELY different team away from home.

wins against dallas, green bay, and new england but loses against arizona, st Louis and detroit. Barely beat carolina. This team is a joke on the road thats why i never count on them to come through on the road

OP
OP
Crizilla

Crizilla

Reaction score
seahawks have one of the worst road records in their history. It's a seahawks thing too... being so far away in the northwest, playing away from a great home stadium, etc... just look at this season. There's no way we would have beat GB, dallas, and NE on the road. No way.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Although all teams historically are better at home than away, there's no doubt in my mind, NO doubt in my mind that the 12th Man Effect plays a key role in playing so differently on the road. Most teams at least somewhat resemble themselves on the road where the Seahawks tend to look like a completely different - and extremely sub par - team on the road versus how they look at home.

The gap is atrocious.

It's like the Seahawks are the junkies and the 12th Man is their fix. On the road they simply look like junkies immersed in withdrawal.

Hawksfan76

Reaction score
yes nfl teams are better at home than on the road but the seahawks gap between how they perform at home vs the road is way to large.

seabowl

Reaction score
Aros":3hsb42ch said:
Although all teams historically are better at home than away, there's no doubt in my mind, NO doubt in my mind that the 12th Man Effect plays a key role in playing so differently on the road. Most teams at least somewhat resemble themselves on the road where the Seahawks tend to look like a completely different - and extremely sub par - team on the road versus how they look at home.

The gap is atrocious.

It's like the Seahawks are the junkies and the 12th Man is their fix. On the road they simply look like junkies immersed in withdrawal.

I started a thread around a year ago on this same topic. As great as it is to have the 12th man it masks the how good or bad we really are. Giants are not great at home but real good on the road. Surprised they won the bowl last year?

mrblitz

Reaction score
it's the same way with the huskies; almost as though both the huskies and seahawks are way too dependent on the crowd at clink.

Latest posts