strong home field advantage hurts us

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
strong home field advantage hurts us
Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:08 pm
  • its a mental thing. For some reason we just look like a COMPLETELY different team away from home.

wins against dallas, green bay, and new england but loses against arizona, st Louis and detroit. Barely beat carolina. This team is a joke on the road thats why i never count on them to come through on the road
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    U MAD BRAH?
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

Re: strong home field advantage hurts us
Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:08 pm
  • I cry
    San Fransisco. Still partying like it's 1981.
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:10 pm
  • Its not a Seahawks thing. Its an NFL thing. It's not easy to win on the road.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:13 pm
  • seahawks have one of the worst road records in their history. It's a seahawks thing too... being so far away in the northwest, playing away from a great home stadium, etc... just look at this season. There's no way we would have beat GB, dallas, and NE on the road. No way.
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    U MAD BRAH?
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:16 pm
  • Although all teams historically are better at home than away, there's no doubt in my mind, NO doubt in my mind that the 12th Man Effect plays a key role in playing so differently on the road. Most teams at least somewhat resemble themselves on the road where the Seahawks tend to look like a completely different - and extremely sub par - team on the road versus how they look at home.

The gap is atrocious.

It's like the Seahawks are the junkies and the 12th Man is their fix. On the road they simply look like junkies immersed in withdrawal.

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:18 pm
  • yes nfl teams are better at home than on the road but the seahawks gap between how they perform at home vs the road is way to large.
    GO HAWKS!!!!
    Hawksfan76
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:29 pm
  • Aros wrote:Although all teams historically are better at home than away, there's no doubt in my mind, NO doubt in my mind that the 12th Man Effect plays a key role in playing so differently on the road. Most teams at least somewhat resemble themselves on the road where the Seahawks tend to look like a completely different - and extremely sub par - team on the road versus how they look at home.

The gap is atrocious.

It's like the Seahawks are the junkies and the 12th Man is their fix. On the road they simply look like junkies immersed in withdrawal.

I started a thread around a year ago on this same topic. As great as it is to have the 12th man it masks the how good or bad we really are. Giants are not great at home but real good on the road. Surprised they won the bowl last year?
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:30 pm
  • Stop being so negative.

:3-1:
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:32 pm
  • it's the same way with the huskies; almost as though both the huskies and seahawks are way too dependent on the crowd at clink.
    mrblitz
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:22 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information