We. Just. Can't. Get. Over. The. Hump.

soohawk

Reaction score
we planted potatoes and now were harvesting potatoes

next year with more experience maybe we will be better farmers

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Completely agree with you Greg. This one was there for the win and the defense failed. Completely. God watching this franchise is painful. (yes, I am VERY down about today's loss)

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":26l03q11 said:
Completely agree with you Greg. This one was there for the win and the defense failed. Completely. God watching this franchise is painful. (yes, I am VERY down about today's loss)

It's ok to be down. Don't let the rose colored glasses and butterfly crowd convince you otherwise.

We are all passionate fans, some of us just happen to cut through the gloss a little easier.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Over the hump? If they're like me, that's over quickly, then on to the next.....oh, that kind....never mind.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":cglrp3uw said:
hawksfansinceday1":cglrp3uw said:

It's ok to be down. Don't let the rose colored glasses and butterfly crowd convince you otherwise.

We are all passionate fans, some of us just happen to cut through the gloss a little easier.

My rose colored glasses and butterflies ensure that I don't want to punch kittens at work on Monday. Everyone gets to be their own kind of fan, really no need to try and prove that we're "wrong" and you're "right".

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
JesterHawk":3r6db3kh said:
FlyingGreg":3r6db3kh said:
hawksfansinceday1":3r6db3kh said:

My rose colored glasses and butterflies ensure that I don't want to punch kittens at work on Monday. Everyone gets to be their own kind of fan, really no need to try and prove that we're "wrong" and you're "right".

And where did that come from? I see more and more of that crap on this board lately ... the "right" and "wrong" stuff. My response was to hawksfansinceday1, who agrees watching this team is painful. Nobody said anything about "being right" or "I told you so".

Everyone also gets to pick which threads they post in. Navigate to the "all is perfect" ones if you wish.

Maybe you should punch kittens - it might help. :th2thumbs:

volsunghawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3sx2h42n said:
JesterHawk":3sx2h42n said:
FlyingGreg":3sx2h42n said:

And where did that come from? I see more and more of that crap on this board lately ... the "right" and "wrong" stuff. My response was to hawksfansinceday1, who agrees watching this team is painful. Nobody said anything about "being right" or "I told you so".

Everyone also gets to pick which threads they post in. Navigate to the "all is perfect" ones if you wish.

Maybe you should punch kittens - it might help. :th2thumbs:

I imagine it pretty much came from you essentially denigrating people who take an optimistic view and look for silver linings in disappointing results. Not only do you tag them with names like "rose colored glasses and butterflies crowd," you suggest that they're a bunch of bastards who are going to crap all over HFSD1 just because he's upset over the loss.

There's a world of difference between being upset over a loss and being one of the doom-and-gloom crowd who REFUSE to acknowledge the good things about the team (or when they do, it's like pulling teeth).

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I imagine it pretty much came from you essentially denigrating people who take an optimistic view and look for silver linings in disappointing results. Not only do you tag them with names like "rose colored glasses and butterflies crowd," you suggest that they're a bunch of bastards who are going to crap all over HFSD1 just because he's upset over the loss.

There's a world of difference between being upset over a loss and being one of the doom-and-gloom crowd who REFUSE to acknowledge the good things about the team (or when they do, it's like pulling teeth).

Geesh, gimme a break. The phrase "rose colored glasses and butterflies" crowd is not "tagging someone with a name". And I've seen much worse in the way of labels on here. It's silly an innocuous phrase like that would ruffle feathers.

Never suggested anyone is a "bunch of bastards" either. That's an inane comment and way off base.

I'm also not a "doom and gloomer" - it's more about frustration. FYI, labeling someone a doom and gloomer is tantamount to using the phrase "rose colored glasses and butterflies" - so I guess that makes you a hypocrite. You come in here trying to point the finger and now its pointed back at ya.

Again - lots of thread choices, positive or otherwise. Not sure why the silver lining crowd would read this thread title and not expect to have their little feelings hurt a bit. The original post is also not inflammatory nor derogatory. Its quite simply about being the little engine that could...that cannot.

Me thinks we have some ultra sensitive people around here.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":12qfk6nx said:

Geesh, gimme a break. The phrase "rose colored glasses and butterflies" crowd is not "tagging someone with a name". And I've seen much worse in the way of labels on here. It's silly an innocuous phrase like that would ruffle feathers.

Never suggested anyone is a "bunch of bastards" either. That's an inane comment and way off base.

I'm also not a "doom and gloomer" - it's more about frustration. FYI, labeling someone a doom and gloomer is tantamount to using the phrase "rose colored glasses and butterflies" - so I guess that makes you a hypocrite. You come in here trying to point the finger and now its pointed back at ya.

Again - lots of thread choices, positive or otherwise. Not sure why the silver lining crowd would read this thread title and not expect to have their little feelings hurt a bit. The original post is also not inflammatory nor derogatory. Its quite simply about being the little engine that could...that cannot.

Me thinks we have some ultra sensitive people around here.

You're definitely right on that last line.

EDIT: And now that I read that "Some good news" thread, I can see why you introduced the "don't let the silver lining folks get you down" in this thread (which really had had none of that).