This team isn't ready for anything.......

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Tech Worlds wrote:
    Seahawk Sailor wrote::240039:

    Obligatory Chicken Little post, I assume. Carry on, then. Eeyore approves.



    Why do you have to call people names? Nobody is calling you a Homer when you post.



    Hehe. Why do you ask why? Nobody is calling you a pill when you post. :stirthepot:
    User avatar
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2571
    Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm


  • Apologies to the poster above but I do not see this team going 6-2. Every game is close, down to the wire [except Dal]. If we can't get some easy wins...it's too much to hope we are going to pull all of these games out last minute.

    I am so disappointed today...because I thought we would finally break through with a good road win and the defense collapsed. Sorry to be pessimistic but I think our playoff chances flew out the window today too. I know everyone just assumes every home game is a win, but this team is not good enough right now to just automatically assume that.

    I can see us going 4-1 at home, 1-2 on the road...and finishing 9-7...which may not be enough to make the playoffs. I don't think we do better than that.

    On a positive note - great to see Wilson getting better as the season goes on.
    Image

    Win Forever!
    User avatar
    JonRud
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1179
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 7:58 pm
    Location: New Jersey - Site of Super Bowl XLVIII


  • This D should have hit them in the mouth on that last drive..very disappointed with the coaching staff on that loss. :141847_bnono:

    We are looking at a team that has not been beat down by anyone this year. I really don’t mind losses like these. If they were getting their butts handed to them it would be another thing. They are still inconsistent, but it was great to see the Offense step it up. The next step for this young team is not far away, though they are likely a 9-7 team this year.

    It’s hard for me to continue to bust a lung for them at home when they can't seem to win without the 12 man. BUT..I will :th2thumbs:
    "Horse horse, did you see the size of that chicken?"
    User avatar
    TaterHawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 184
    Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:31 pm
    Location: Duvall, WA


  • Hawksfanatik wrote:0-3 in the division. .500 team and very average. bad on the road. losing to a 2 win Lions team.

    Pathetic. call me mr. pessimist... Season Over.

    go TEXANS!!!!


    No one's calling this post out? Seriously? Some "fanatik". Enjoy the Houston frontrunning.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 14636
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


  • Sarlacc83 wrote:
    Houstonfanatik wrote:0-3 in the division. .500 team and very average. bad on the road. losing to a 2 win Lions team.

    Pathetic. call me mr. pessimist... Season Over.

    go TEXANS!!!!


    No one's calling this post out? Seriously? Some "fanatik". Enjoy the Houston frontrunning.

    :13:
    P-Rich fo life
    User avatar
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2463
    Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am


  • Wow. I can't believe the negativity here right now! The Hawks just lost a close one on the road to a talented but undisciplined team that has a high powered offense and had its back to the wall.

    The offense showed us the best tempo and speed I have seen since Hasselbeck left town, and the defense reminded us of how young they really are. Teams are learning to take advantage of the youth and aggressiveness we have at the linebacker spot. Some of this can be compensated for by schemes, but a lot of it will go away as the team grows up together and gains experience.

    Rather be a Seahawk fan right now than cheering for about any one of a dozen teams in the AFC!! You can't win every game, but I'll take this over the last time somebody laid 28 on the Seahawks...that was in Pittsburg last year in Game 2. You know, the one where we crossed midfield twice in the whole game? I, for one was encouraged by what I saw. Stay tuned, they are just getting started.
    canfan
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 120
    Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:11 pm


  • We have a very competitive team they just don't know how to win on the road.
    User avatar
    Joey13091
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 718
    Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:13 pm


  • Joey13091 wrote:Am I wrong to be losing faith in this team and not really caring to watch them anymore? I am a die hard seahawks fan but I hate losing and that's all they do as of late. I'm not hopeful we can win any of our upcoming games.

    Yeah...I'm going to be quoting this all year. Feel free to watch the Niners of today, Giants, Packers, or Stealers.
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6940
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


  • Holy Batman. I just read through the whole thread and I'm embarrassed. A bunch of bitching and moaning. Not understanding of the situation and like another poster said, "obligatory chicken little posts". And Dom had the nerve to feel offended about that? Lmao? The guy that is notorious for stupid one liners and pot shots?

    Lol...carry on.

    Alls I'll say is I'm glad I didn't have the interwebs or .Net when Holmgren first took over.
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6940
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


  • Love the "I'm a lifelong fan!" followed closely by the "I'm outa here!" statements.

    :laugh:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

    SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    User avatar
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 9978
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Monroe, WA


  • This was a hilarious read. I didn't realize that everyone was serious till about a page and a half in. Thought it was some kind of tongue in cheek vaudevillian routine designed to mock the reactionary fan. But nope, people actually resort to that instant, reactionary, negativity drenched rhetorical tropes after a close loss on the road to a playoff team last year.

    The Seahawks lost, alright, move on to the next game. This thread is littered with the same people that post "Love the Hawks! Got a special feeling this year! Anybody else feel like we can beat anybody right now?" after big wins. I know its the plight of the sports fan to be irrational, reactionary and nonsensical, but at some point, reason has to win out.

    2003, the Seahawks went undefeated at home, and 2-6 on the road. 4 of those 6 losses were absolutely excruciating. Against the Bengals, on the drive to tie the game, you had the ball bounce off Darrell Jackson's helmet and into the arms of a Bengal defender to ice the game. Against the Redskins, the Hawks are up 14-3, Damien Robinson picks off a pass, but fumbles it out of the end zone costing the Seahawks seven points and starting a chain of events that was just weird. Do we all remember the Baltimore game? 41-24 with 8 minutes left? How about Bobby Engram being tackled by the back judge as he's racing to catch the game winning touchdown pass against the Rams?

    If there ever was a time for threads like this, bemoaning the fact that the Seahawks were never winning another game. That they'd finish at best 7-9 and all that crap. It was that year. And this board was an absolute wreck of "What if" threads, "God hates the Seahawks" and "Our receivers suck" threads, but I never saw fans bail on the season like I read after every loss this year. It's silly and embarassing.

    Oh yeah, the Hawks ended up growing up, going 10-6 and playing an absolute classic against the Packers in the first round which would've been a victory if Alex Bannister had run a slant instead of a hook. Chill out.
    User avatar
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1609
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:41 pm


  • Oh hyperbole how I love you so.
    User avatar
    Navyhawkfan187
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 605
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:48 am


  • I haven't been around long enough on here to even know if ppl are serious. However, we have 8 games left, 5 of them at home. No reason to believe 9 or 10 wins isn't a realistic expectation. I think they're going 8-0 at home, and will win one on the road. I just refuse to give up on the team and/or just assume they won't make a run here, I don't see the use in it. IF they lose a home game, we're looking at 9-7, best case imo.
    Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2695
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • Tech Worlds wrote:
    Seahawk Sailor wrote::240039:
    Obligatory Chicken Little post, I assume. Carry on, then. Eeyore approves.

    Why do you have to call people names? Nobody is calling you a Homer when you post.

    It would be deserved if the tone of the thread was "We're likely going to win the rest of our games, I don't see who we're going to lose to."
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    User avatar
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *
     
    Posts: 7377
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:06 am
    Location: Eastern Washington


  • BlueTalon wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:
    Seahawk Sailor wrote::240039:
    Obligatory Chicken Little post, I assume. Carry on, then. Eeyore approves.

    Why do you have to call people names? Nobody is calling you a Homer when you post.

    It would be deserved if the tone of the thread was "We're likely going to win the rest of our games, I don't see who we're going to lose to."

    You mean like in the beginning of the season when Kearly thought we could legitimately go undefeated all year?
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

    R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    User avatar
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4553
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:39 pm


  • Holy Crap! What a bunch of Negative Nancys. I couldn't read past the 2nd page. No wonder the Seattle fan base is so fair weathered. It's embarrassing to say the least. :141847_bnono:
    Last edited by Seahwkgal on Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 2230
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:27 pm


  • Shoot, just listen to either of the local stations after a loss. The SAME ppl who are talking playoffs, how great the team is etc. after a win......are acting like the world has come to an end the very next week if they lose.
    Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2695
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • sutz wrote:Love the "I'm a lifelong fan!" followed closely by the "I'm outa here!" statements.

    :laugh:


    Beautiful!

    Fans are a different breed when they aren't happy. Win and we are a dynasty. Lose and we are worse than a pop warner team. It's a fine balance. If you don't get too wound up you are accused of settling for mediocre performances. Get too wound up and you say things you regret later. Guess it's that whole thing of show me a good loser and I show you a loser.

    We all want to be bad winners. But we stink half the time. :thirishdrinkers:
    Image
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    User avatar
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *
     
    Posts: 9127
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
    Location: Covington, Washington


  • Reading an overreaction thread five days later makes me sick to my stomach. Pessimist fans remind me of annoying hippies who whine and complain about policies and government, but don't do anything to make the situation better.

    I prefer hearing delusional homers over whining pessimists anyday.
    Image
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    User avatar
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 600
    Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:50 pm


  • Nancies.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 14143
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


  • Hawken-Dazs wrote:Reading an overreaction thread five days later makes me sick to my stomach. Pessimist fans remind me of annoying hippies who whine and complain about policies and government, but don't do anything to make the situation better.

    I prefer hearing delusional homers over whining pessimists anyday.

    I don't know. Pessimist fans come out of the woodwork after a loss, but they can just as easily be cheered up.

    delusional homers ruin the board for me, however, because anytime you try to have any critical analysis of the team or individual players they get all rabid and fanboy and attack the poster and make intelligent debate impossible. Said intelligent debate being my whole reason for wanting to come here, I find them even worse.

    At least the pessimists want to find reasons to cheer. the delusional homers just want to outshout anything they don't want to hear.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

    R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    User avatar
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4553
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:39 pm


  • what are you people talking about? We have Russell Wilson! He told god to only make him 5'10 so the other team would have a chance ! C'mon we are starting a dynasty here ! ALL IN YO ! :179422:
    User avatar
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2616
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:55 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Wa


  • Zebulon Dak wrote:Nancies.


    Image
    User avatar
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 2230
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:27 pm


  • Seahwkgal wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:Nancies.


    Image


    Nancys? I dunno. Help me.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 14143
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


  • Zebulon Dak wrote:
    Seahwkgal wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:Nancies.


    Image


    Nancys? I dunno. Help me.

    Obviously, it's Nancy's
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6940
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


Next


It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:38 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information