Scruggs to get a lot of time Sunday

hawksfan515

Reaction score
I kinda like this. It's not like Scruggs sucks, he's been forcing his way onto the field (almost sacked Tom Brady, and sacked Alex Smith I'm pretty sure).

I know this is very crazy to say, but this almost reminds me of when Trufant went down and Sherman had to come in. Sherman had also been forcing his way onto the field (on 3rd down, moving Thurmond to the slot) and he played amazing when he got his chance. Hopefully Scruggs does something like that :) lol

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
hawksfan515":38w4jrqk said:
EastCoastHawksFan":38w4jrqk said:
it looked like alot of Gore's big runs were directed at Scruggs

If you think Scrugg's was the only problem in that game, you are sorely mistaken. Our whole D-line sucked that game.

Not just D line... the LBs and D coordinator also had bad games.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":36u5d4ou said:
hawksfan515":36u5d4ou said:
EastCoastHawksFan":36u5d4ou said:

If you think Scrugg's was the only problem in that game, you are sorely mistaken. Our whole D-line sucked that game.

Actually I think the LB's were our saving grace..... Trust me, if both the D-line and LB's had a bad game, we would have long TD runs, not just long runs. Our LB's actually did alright (not saying good). They just couldn't execute when O-lineman were sent to block them, as none of our lineman required double teams.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
yeah, i went away from that Niner game thinking Scruggs was nonexistent vs the run and Mebane was left to do it all alone. Well, they did a good job neutralizing Mebane and Scruggs was Uggs.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":7om2lska said:
Not that it's important, but that's not true. Watch the video retrospective. The biggest run Scruggs wasn't even on the field. Jones was. He fell down and no one hardly touched him.

Not that it was some sort of knock on Jones either.

If anything, the two big run plays that the 9ers had were due to being in the nickel. Wide splits and two LBs. On the 2nd long run I'm pretty sure a long haired safety up in the box in that Bandit package, but I'm not quite certain. I am certain is wasn't a base D though.

The 9ers coaching staff called the right plays at the right time. That doesn't absolve our players of responsibility, but a great play call is a great play call.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
I know we looked very horrible as a whole against the run last week , all im saying in Scruggs didnt help lol

I think he has a very good 1st step but we are going to miss J.Jones if he cant play

vin.couve12

Reaction score
WOW.

I'm curious as to how this notion of Scruggs being a target came to be before the sheeple just started regurgitating it. Never ceases to amaze me....

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/10/24/35 ... rospective

And I could care less if folks were talking Scruggs or any other of our DL. I'm just blown away how people got that idea and then the repeating of it. Frickin amazing, I tell ya. This is why American politics just scares the living hell out of me.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
vin.couve12":ll712j97 said:
WOW.

I'm curious as to how this notion of Scruggs being a target came to be before the sheeple just started regurgitating it. Never ceases to amaze me....

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/10/24/35 ... rospective

And I could care less if folks were talking Scruggs or any other of our DL. I'm just blown away how people got that idea and then the repeating of it. Frickin amazing, I tell ya. This is why American politics just scares the living hell out of me.

+1

I feel like the same thing happened to Bevell. No actual proof, just a few people deciding opinion is fact.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1h91nbho said:
This is why American politics just scares the living hell out of me.
That's why I have studiously ignored all forms of news and commentary for the past four years, apart from sports. As a matter of fact, if it wasn't for political commercials intruding in football games, I'd barely be aware there is an election coming up.

Ignorance truly is bliss sometimes.

On topic, I am looking forward to seeing more of Scruggs.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Apologies for the rant. I was/am a little hung over from Shanny's last night. Pleas, folks; give these things a look see before making up your mind. Every week we've been getting those retrospective videos and they're insanely awesome. Use them...

morgulon1

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1ed8r9vq said:
EastCoastHawksFan":1ed8r9vq said:
Not that it's important, but that's not true. Watch the video retrospective. The biggest run Scruggs wasn't even on the field. Jones was. He fell down and no one hardly touched him.

Not that it was some sort of knock on Jones either.

If anything, the two big run plays that the 9ers had were due to being in the nickel. Wide splits and two LBs. On the 2nd long run I'm pretty sure a long haired safety up in the box in that Bandit package, but I'm not quite certain. I am certain is wasn't a base D though.

The 9ers coaching staff called the right plays at the right time. That doesn't absolve our players of responsibility, but a great play call is a great play call.

This.

Pete Carroll exxplained what happened in the second half of that game. It was a combination of the defense we were in and a good call on their part. It also happened to different personell groups so it seemed more drastic than it was. He said it was also easily fixable and it wasnt that SF "outphyisicaled ?" us like Harbitch would like to think. I also bet that doesnt happen December 16th in Seattle.

Back to Scruggs. I see a nice game from him this Sunday, it's his time to shine.

Kelly.Orr

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":22hjnvbd said:
hawksfan515":22hjnvbd said:
EastCoastHawksFan":22hjnvbd said:

Our defensive line got physically man handled and blown off the the ball and LOS damn near every play. The Linebackers were terrible and picking up that dink and dunk crap out of the backfield. Worst defensive performance i have seen our front seven have in a long time. They will fix it for the next time we play them.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Kelly.Orr":1dpuv7te said:
Our defensive line got physically man handled and blown off the the ball and LOS damn near every play. The Linebackers were terrible and picking up that dink and dunk crap out of the backfield. Worst defensive performance i have seen our front seven have in a long time. They will fix it for the next time we play them.

During the first half the Seahawks stayed right on top of a lot of underneath stuff. The 49ers started calling repeated trap-blocks in the second half, an advanced O-line tactic designed to lure and screen linebackers and quicker linemen out of the play. It's tough for an offense to execute, and SF's ability to do so says more about them than it does about us. Our linebackers missed a couple of plays, but they're not going to win a lot of battles against actual offensive linemen.

I'm game for seeing Scruggs. We've already grown a bunch of defensive starters from late rounds by starting them behind older free agents (i.e. Sherman behind Trufant, Chancellor behind Milloy, Wright behind Curry). Seattle would love to see the younger and much cheaper Scruggs bail them out from having to sign Jason Jones to a big contract next year.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3i09lios said:
Kelly.Orr":3i09lios said:

During the first half the Seahawks stayed right on top of a lot of underneath stuff. The 49ers started calling repeated trap-blocks in the second half, an advanced O-line tactic designed to lure and screen linebackers and quicker linemen out of the play. It's tough for an offense to execute, and SF's ability to do so says more about them than it does about us. Our linebackers missed a couple of plays, but they're not going to win a lot of battles against actual offensive linemen.

I'm game for seeing Scruggs. We've already grown a bunch of defensive starters from late rounds by starting them behind older free agents (i.e. Sherman behind Trufant, Chancellor behind Milloy, Wright behind Curry). Seattle would love to see the younger and much cheaper Scruggs bail them out from having to sign Jason Jones to a big contract next year.

If Scruggs becomes this year's version of Sherman, and becomes a full time starter who looks elite, I'm practically gonna jizz my pants with anger and happiness because they keep doing this, but they NEVER DO IT ON OFFENSE!!!!

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
I'll be rooting for him, and actually am going to focus on his play rather than the Transformers.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
hawksfan515":b17su2tq said:
EastCoastHawksFan":b17su2tq said:

no dont you realize it was all our offenses fault? The defense was gassed and couldnt be expected to force the niners into 3 and outs.

No way that our uber awesome defense be at fault for being ran on. no way.