Richard Sherman at it again....Twitter...........

Darrenv17

Reaction score
(On NFL AM.)..........that he was starting S%%T again, Calvin responsed and I believe a D linemen as well. Only caught a few seconds couldnt rewind my DVR.

Anybody else here anything?

kidhawk

Reaction score
There's a few threads on the topic..he's not starting "S%%T" at all....all he did was adjust his twitter handle to Optimus prime...a play off of the fact that him and Browner will be going up against Megatron (Calvin Johnson) this weekend.

seanoob

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with supporting our Autobot brethren. Just back it up with the same high level of play #25.

kidhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":31asurf9 said:
I saw it quoted on a Lions forum.

http://www.detroitlionsforum.com/forums ... stcount=75

Here's the link that it appears to have come from: http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/20 ... n_p_2.html

Funny how the only guy complaining is the center...Johnson seems to be taking it all in stride (as it seems to be meant). Of course when they meet on the field, both Johnson and Sherman are going to be motivated, but who isn't? It's a big game for both teams.

VHawk

Reaction score
I guess Sherman is supposed to genuflect at Johnson before every play?Gimme a break this Seahawk team isnt the NFL's doormat anymore.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Sherman can say whatever he wants. The guy's play is just too solid not to walk the walk. I hope the Hawks can keep him around for his career.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
VHawk":t7mab3r5 said:
I guess Sherman is supposed to genuflect at Johnson before every play?Gimme a break this Seahawk team isnt the NFL's doormat anymore.

This also isn't your old Seahawks :stirthepot:

VHawk

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":3mzim8v8 said:
VHawk":3mzim8v8 said:

???

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of giving your opponent extra motivation or bulletin board material, but IMO Sherman hasn't crossed the line............yet.

OP
OP
D

Darrenv17

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":3dphseqb said:
VHawk":3dphseqb said:

:13: :13: :13:

gtcotcakya

Reaction score
kidhawk":1zxe3kl3 said:
RolandDeschain":1zxe3kl3 said:
I saw it quoted on a Lions forum.

http://www.detroitlionsforum.com/forums ... stcount=75

Here's the link that it appears to have come from: http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/20 ... n_p_2.html

Funny how the only guy complaining is the center...Johnson seems to be taking it all in stride (as it seems to be meant). Of course when they meet on the field, both Johnson and Sherman are going to be motivated, but who isn't? It's a big game for both teams.
I thought it was even funnier that the fan who posted the quote from the center told him to STFU.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
gtcotcakya":350fgh3p said:
I thought it was even funnier that the fan who posted the quote from the center told him to STFU.
Yeah, I read through that whole thread last night; everyone had a similar sentiment about it. Apparently he has a rather big mouth, and has looked quite the fool in the past. I found it amusing. :)

Hawks46

Reaction score
This is kind of a reach really. Sherman didn't even say anything to any of the players.

Detroit is just reaching for anything to motivate themselves. Think about it, they're monitoring the twitter accounts of this week's opposition.

No wonder they're playing bad. They should be in the film room or something, not f**king around on twitter.

SHOCKER315

Reaction score
Sherman is a smart guy. I suspect there is another motive behind all of this.

The Pro Bowl and a potential bonus monetary incentive tied to it... (which my be in his contract, :Dunno: ).

He was the only Seahawks DB not to make it to the Pro Bowl last year, despite having a very good year. I suspect that really sticks in his craw. The Pro Bowl is largely a popularity contest based on a player's name recognition. Tweeting his pic with Brady and naming himself Optimus Prime gets him the media attention he needs to get noticed in Pro Bowl voting... and perhaps get paid a bonus incentive.

I'm not suggesting this makes Sherman a bad guy or that he should shut up. Quite the contrary, I think he is just playing "the game" smartly and to his benefit.

kidhawk

Reaction score
SHOCKER315":3c00tjkv said:
Sherman is a smart guy. I suspect there is another motive behind all of this.

The Pro Bowl and a potential bonus monetary incentive tied to it... (which my be in his contract, :Dunno: ).

He was the only Seahawks DB not to make it to the Pro Bowl last year, despite having a very good year. I suspect that really sticks in his craw. The Pro Bowl is largely a popularity contest based on a player's name recognition. Tweeting his pic with Brady and naming himself Optimus Prime gets him the media attention he needs to get noticed in Pro Bowl voting... and perhaps get paid a bonus incentive.

I'm not suggesting this makes Sherman a bad guy or that he should shut up. Quite the contrary, I think he is just playing "the game" smartly and to his benefit.

This just feels like deja vu :lol:

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
As long as he locks up Calvin Johnson on sunday, he can say whatever he wants

SuperBowlXLChamps

Reaction score
VHawk":2umy6vf9 said:
Lions are the forever doormat of the NFL. 0-16, in the worst city in America with no jobs.

Latest posts