Russell Wilson should be quaking in his boots because...

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Lawrence Jackson a.k.a. LoJack will be rushing the passer this weekend! :sarcasm_off:

In all seriousness I hold no ill-will for Jackson. He was a bust as a 1st round pick, but he should never have been taken that high. Thanks Ruskell!

bestfightstory

Reaction score
LoJack has been a contributor on a team with a fantastic defensive line. Credit to him. By the way, which DEnd position did he play at USC??

Hard to envision him on a Pete Carroll defense.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1jx36ckm said:
LoJack has been a contributor on a team with a fantastic defensive line. Credit to him. By the way, which DEnd position did he play at USC??

Hard to envision him on a Pete Carroll defense.

He played the regular DE spot.
Lol. He was Red Bryant.

SirTed

Reaction score
Don't hate on Jackson. He's a force for them at DE.

I'm not convinced it would have worked out here, but it may have. Sometimes a change in scenery can cause a player to mature.

Then again, maybe it would have been awesome!

NYCoug

Reaction score
SirTed":qe47vrpr said:

I'm not convinced it would have worked out here, but it may have. Sometimes a change in scenery can cause a player to mature.

I don't know if I'd call Jackson a force during his time with Detroit. Solid player? Sure. However, this season he's played in all 5 games and only registered 2 tackles on the season and a blocked kick, nothing else. 4.5 sacks last season and 6.5 the season prior for Detroit, which is solid, but he seems a lot like a poorman's Bryce Fisher if you ask me.

pehawk

Reaction score
I love a good player comparison, and thats a good one NY.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Some guys don't fit in certain defenses.
He's a true 4-3 DE.
@ 6' 4" 270, He just doesn't fit our schemes with his athletic skill set.

He always has done a solid job for a backup/ rotation guy. Nothing flashy.

NYCoug

Reaction score
pehawk":2cddnwkp said:

And you sir, are the king of the .Net player comparisons. I am honored. I'd imagine this is what it feels like to be knighted, minus all the BS pageantry. This actually means something!

I'm humbled.

OP
OP
CodeWarrior

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
The only reason I offhandedly impugn Jackson is because of the shots he took at Pete and the Hawks upon his departure.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
SirTed":3jgz1gnm said:

:lol:

That's funny.

Hawks46

Reaction score
We also cut Jason Babin and he promptly went to a Pro Bowl the next year. Then, he went to another team, and also went to another Pro Bowl.

We cut both players, I guess I'm not seeing the point of the OP.

drdiags

Reaction score
Didn't they trade Lawrence Jackson for some non-descript player who got cut and maybe a draft pick? I don't think they cut him.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Yes we did trade him and the linebacker (what's his name) from SF we got as a free agent a couple years before

drdiags

Reaction score
Happypuppy":1gdxx6jb said:
Yes we did trade him and the linebacker (what's his name) from SF we got as a free agent a couple years before

They traded Peterson under Ruskell (when they decided to select Curry)

kearly

Reaction score
The pick we got for Lawrence Jackson turned into Byron Maxwell.

Jackson is the same guy he was in Seattle. No pass rush skills, but gets hustle sacks and stops the run. Pretty much the definition of average. Considering how much better we are at DE today than we were at the time of that trade, I'd say it was a win-win deal. We got a good, young ST player for a guy that wasn't going to be here much longer.

drdiags

Reaction score
I still remember LoJack reacting to a Seahawks fan blasting him on twitter as a bust. Jackson went on how all of the NFL was laughing at the Seahawks for winning the division at 7-9. That and Rob Sims saying he was glad to be traded to Detroit where real football was played. Sims got his share of the crap-pie while here so human nature.

I just remember reading that there were a few ex-Seahawks with Detroit and one of them was not bashful in their disdain for the Seahawks organization. I didn't think it was Heller or Burleson, so that leaves Jackson or Sims. Hmmm.

morgulon1

Reaction score
NYCoug":2xakkufj said:
pehawk":2xakkufj said:

And you sir, are the king of the .Net player comparisons. I am honored. I'd imagine this is what it feels like to be knighted, minus all the BS pageantry. This actually means something!

I'm humbled.

You two should get a room. Were getting uncomfortable.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
NYCoug":znjoofg9 said:
pehawk":znjoofg9 said:

I'm humbled.
:179422: