After 22 games with the Seahawks, Zach Miller...

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Does not have a single touchdown catch. That's just crazy.

He's been open for a few and the QB didn't see him, and gotten close a few other times. Miller is solid, and I wish we used him more. I'd like to see him have a huge game this Sunday.

I'm beyond unimpressed with McCoy and Moore, although Moore hasn't had many looks. Where the heck has McCoy been since his TD catch against the Cowpukes?? TE - along with WR - needs serious attention this off-season.

SeaMeat

Reaction score
I loved when we signed Miller and am PISSED that we are not using him as we should.

I hope he doesn't fall prey to the Law of Diminished Returns.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Darrell Bevell will not use the TE's like the NE Pats do. That is his style of play and I do not see him making greater use of the TE's in the passing game. BTW...I hope that he proves me wrong this Sunday.

iigakusei

Reaction score
2nd most catches on the team behind Rice....oh dear god that is crazy.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
iigakusei":1rcset23 said:

Posting Seahawks receiving stats as some kind of evidence is comical. They suck across the board.

He has 14 catches through 7 games, a whopping average of two per game.

As stated, he is not being utilized correctly.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2286xa7f said:
Darrell Bevell will not use the TE's like the NE Pats do. That is his style of play and I do not see him making greater use of the TE's in the passing game. BTW...I hope that he proves me wrong this Sunday.
not true. Bevell used Shiancoe quite a bit in Minnesota

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":7xyre0k5 said:

Thats not entirely true , Shaincoe had really solid years while playing for the Vikings under Bevell

lukerguy

Reaction score
SeaMeat":28qkahyh said:
I loved when we signed Miller and am PISSED that we are not using him as we should.

The Law of Dimished returns states that in all productive processes, adding more of one factor of production, while holding all others constant, will at some point yield lower per-unit returns. For example, if you have one piece of really good pizza- the 2nd piece won't taste quite as good.

I'm not sure how this fits in with Miller- we haven't had a good piece of pizza yet, because we fail to utilize him as nothing more than a blocker.

Omahawk

Reaction score
We all knew this would happen. He's a lineman now. If he's on your fantasy team, and I'm assuming that is why you might care about him so much, drop him. He won't he catching a lot of passes anytime soon. If he can block better, I'd be okay with him sticking around. I'd like to see us use more TE routes but until our O line can protect a rookie QB better, he's a blocker. Get used to it

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
FargoHawk":13j3z9rm said:
Bigpumpkin":13j3z9rm said:
not true. Bevell used Shiancoe quite a bit in Minnesota

Shiancoe also didn't have to stay in to block all the time - he had a big-boy offensive line that didn't need the help.

It's a different thing here...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I really wish we could have kept Winslow.....he seemed like a perfect compliment to Miller. A long athletic TE that could beat LB's in zone coverage.

Now other teams don't have to respect our TE threat because Miller's in to help block on most offensive plays because Moore and McCoy aren't consistent enough to warrant attention.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
When's the last time we ran a short pass play to the TE from a play action? Holmgren days?

m0ng0

Reaction score
He is the victim of 2 quarterbacks one of whom could not make a second read and one who can't (yet). Hopefully when Russ digests more of the playbook it will improve and hopefully the OLine improves as well. I feel bad for the guy actually.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Much like Rice, he needs many more targets. I remember maybe one pass thrown his way against SF - although he was kept in to help block most of the time.

SeaMeat

Reaction score
lukerguy":3br6kn13 said:
SeaMeat":3br6kn13 said:

The Law of Dimished returns states that in all productive processes, adding more of one factor of production, while holding all others constant, will at some point yield lower per-unit returns. For example, if you have one piece of really good pizza- the 2nd piece won't taste quite as good.

I'm not sure how this fits in with Miller- we haven't had a good piece of pizza yet, because we fail to utilize him as nothing more than a blocker.

Correct, and as he is used more as a blocking TE his catching abilities will diminish.

iigakusei

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":25fz2uls said:
iigakusei":25fz2uls said:

Posting Seahawks receiving stats as some kind of evidence is comical. They suck across the board.

I was surprised when I looked it up...I would have guessed he was 4th or 5th.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
iigakusei":1lpm3zhf said:
FlyingGreg":1lpm3zhf said:
iigakusei":1lpm3zhf said:

I was surprised when I looked it up...I would have guessed he was 4th or 5th.

He is on pace to catch a few more than last season...still like to see a lot more.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
It's a shame. I think this team has more offensive weapons than ability to use them for whatever reasons at this point.

Latest posts