Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW

Rocket

Reaction score
"If any fans are hoping for Carroll to pull the trigger and replace Wilson with veteran backup Matt Flynn, they shouldn’t hold their breath.

Unless Wilson suffers an injury, he will remain the starting quarterback. Carroll and the Seahawks don’t think his smallish stature is affecting his play, and they believe the 5-foot-11 signal caller can be the long-term answer at quarterback."

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/10/2 ... ookie.html

Danny Darko

Reaction score
volsunghawk":31s3g7yg said:
SeaChase":31s3g7yg said:
Maybe Pete should be replaced instead...

I wonder how many fans will be secretly disappointed if we finish with a winning record and a playoff spot under Wilson. :|

Many of the same people who figured Clipboad Janitor was the solution... it's human nature many to have a grass is greener philosophy I guess.

the ditch

Reaction score
Everybody loves the back up quarterback who hasn't played a game for the team yet. I remember when people were seriously calling for Teel to start.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Danny Darko":3oxs0nmg said:
volsunghawk":3oxs0nmg said:
SeaChase":3oxs0nmg said:

I wonder how many fans will be secretly disappointed if we finish with a winning record and a playoff spot under Wilson. :|

Many of the same people who figured Clipboad Janitor was the solution... it's human nature many to have a grass is greener philosophy I guess.

That was a funny time when everyone was calling for CBJ to come in and save the day. Stick with RW the rest of the season and if he keeps on getting better than we have our QB of the future and trade Flynn to give him a shot elsewhere as I think he is a good QB also.

Basis4day

Reaction score
SeaChase":bofj4lsf said:

I know. He's only built a top ranked D from scratch and beaten the Pats, Packers, Panthers Cowboys this year. Not to mention currently having a winning record. Oh, no blowouts and we have been in every game.

Total loser. Doesn't know anything about football. Bring back Ruskell. That guy knew what he was doing. :sarcasm_off:

Shaz

Reaction score
Why are people so against Wilson? The kid is playing pretty good so far

And he's just a rookie, he's going to get much better

edogg23

Reaction score
volsunghawk":14r1t8mx said:
SeaChase":14r1t8mx said:

mjwhitay

Reaction score
Shaz":33frz8dc said:
Why are people so against Wilson? The kid is playing pretty good so far

And he's just a rookie, he's going to get much better

HawkFan has it right. People would rather be right than see their team win games and be successful. I actually hesitate to call those people 'fans', but whatever

m0ng0

Reaction score
So anyone who thinks Flynn was a better play to start the year secretly hopes we lose now? Do we secretly hope for an injury also? WOW just wow !

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
This is beyond tiresome. The team is sticking with Wilson. I wish everyone could just embrace that.

Wilson is a ROOKIE...and I have no idea why everyone expects 133.7 rating games each and every week.

We have played a brutal first half schedule and Wilson has had to play some damn good defenses (Cardinals, Rams, Packers, Pats, 49ers). We have a chance to be 5-3 after this weekend with a favorable schedule in the second half. Wilson has been limited and we throw the ball less than any other team in the league. He's also shown his potential.

We have been in every game and the margin of error is slim. Do you want to go back to the Mora team that got smoked every time we took the field?

Wilson didn't get called for the penalty that negated a 50+ yard pass to Golden Tate that was a thing of beauty against Carolina. Wilson cannot do anything about Tate's incredibly hot and cold ways. Wilson can't help keep Doug Baldwin on the field. Wilson doesn't call the plays that only feature throws to our #1 WR twice in an entire game. Wilson did not drop 5 passes against the 49ers that could have seriously influenced the final outcome.

Are there problems? Sure. But they are much more than just the rookie QB. I'd personally love to see what Wilson could do with a more talented WR pool.

Through it all, Wilson has remained even keel.

I just don't know what some fans really want here...

BlueTalon

Reaction score
edogg23":x3phrgn7 said:
volsunghawk":x3phrgn7 said:
SeaChase":x3phrgn7 said:
I wonder how many fans will be secretly disappointed if we finish with a winning record and a playoff spot under Wilson. :
I'm pretty sure SeaChase was joking, and didn't use a sarcasm sign because he didn't think it was necessary.

That's how I read it, anyway.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
BlueTalon":1wmdc994 said:
volsunghawk":1wmdc994 said:
SeaChase":1wmdc994 said:
I'm pretty sure SeaChase was joking, and didn't use a sarcasm sign because he didn't think it was necessary.

That's how I read it, anyway.

SeaChase has been very anti-Wilson to this point, so it'd take some explanation on his part for us to pick up on the sarcasm. Most people are likely to default to Volsung's position. (I had the same reaction, incidentally.)

scutterhawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":dnetdp8r said:
SeaChase":dnetdp8r said:

Real Seahawks fans? = ZERO

BUT, we should ALL be happy that Flynn beat out Jackson for the backup role.
I also remember last Season when a LOT of folks were content with the idea of having Jackson as the backup, as they were unhappy with him being the starter, and now that he's not even on the roster, we should all be thankful that we do have things sewed up in that department, eh?
PS I think it's time to call off the witch hunt, and concern ourselves with other matters ,as some here have already beaten this dead horse to smithereens :141847_bnono:

chawx

Reaction score
I'm just going to ahead and say it since a few are dancing around what they really want to say.

:sarcasm_on: no wait... :sarcasm_off: ...

jlwaters1

Reaction score
HawkFan72":194vgcfn said:
I can't stand the people who would rather be right than see the Seahawks win games.

agreed. I just want them to win, I don't care who is playing. I would really like to see the offense get it together and score consistently 20 points. I think we can with the last half of the season ahead of us.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1zrrchx6 said:
This is beyond tiresome. The team is sticking with Wilson. I wish everyone could just embrace that.

Wilson is a ROOKIE...and I have no idea why everyone expects 133.7 rating games each and every week.

We have played a brutal first half schedule and Wilson has had to play some damn good defenses (Cardinals, Rams, Packers, Pats, 49ers). We have a chance to be 5-3 after this weekend with a favorable schedule in the second half. Wilson has been limited and we throw the ball less than any other team in the league. He's also shown his potential.

We have been in every game and the margin of error is slim. Do you want to go back to the Mora team that got smoked every time we took the field?

Wilson didn't get called for the penalty that negated a 50+ yard pass to Golden Tate that was a thing of beauty against Carolina. Wilson cannot do anything about Tate's incredibly hot and cold ways. Wilson can't help keep Doug Baldwin on the field. Wilson doesn't call the plays that only feature throws to our #1 WR twice in an entire game. Wilson did not drop 5 passes against the 49ers that could have seriously influenced the final outcome.

Are there problems? Sure. But they are much more than just the rookie QB. I'd personally love to see what Wilson could do with a more talented WR pool.

Through it all, Wilson has remained even keel.

I just don't know what some fans really want here...

good post, I agree. I'm excited to see how he does the remaining 9 games. I would be severely disappointed if we don't win 6 of the remaining 9 games.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
m0ng0":sekye93d said:
So anyone who thinks Flynn was a better play to start the year secretly hopes we lose now? Do we secretly hope for an injury also? WOW just wow !

Never said that, man. But SeaChase has been vehemently anti-Wilson the entire season, and I do wonder what his reaction would be in that scenario.

Latest posts