I'd like to thank the Bears defense

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
I'd like to thank the Bears defense
Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:55 pm
  • They just gave the Seahawks a great blue print for Sunday.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Re: I'd like to thank the Bears defense
Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:59 pm
  • Outside of Calvin Johnson the Lions don't scare anybody, as long as we don't turn the ball over and leave our D in tough spots, next week should be a win.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:09 pm
  • Hard to get too much from divisional games. That's like saying the Lions got the blueprint to beating us from the Rams.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:15 pm
  • Rat wrote:Hard to get too much from divisional games. That's like saying the Lions got the blueprint to beating us from the Rams.

That blueprint requires not scoring a touchdown on offense and having a juiced kicker.
    KitsapHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:35 pm
  • Nate Burleson is done for the season. Broken leg. He was quietly providing a nice alternate for Stafford. He has had some clutch catches for the Lions in their 2 wins. Would have been interesting playing against him.

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=54838
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:02 pm
  • drdiags wrote:Nate Burleson is done for the season. Broken leg. He was quietly providing a nice alternate for Stafford. He has had some clutch catches for the Lions in their 2 wins. Would have been interesting playing against him.

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=54838

That SUCKS for Nate. It makes me sick enough seeing him wearing anything OTHER than Seahawks blues anyways. This made it worse.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:18 pm
  • we match up well with the lions, our dbs should eat them alive and we will get pressure on that line.
    We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
    Greatest defense in NFL history.
    Seeker
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:24 pm
  • Seeker wrote:we match up well with the lions, our dbs should eat them alive and we will get pressure on that line.

I'm with ya on that. I also think the Hawks can break open the run game, big by the 3rd quarter.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:13 pm
  • Unfortunately not really...They run a cover 2 on almost every play. Everyone knows it's coming but they execute so well that it's difficult to stop. We run primarily press- man. If we abandon that and run to a cover two, I could see some issues as we're a young team who's not familiar running it.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:47 am
  • Haha! if they thought Pat Tilman was hard to throw against.... We don't need a 'blueprint' for this game. Our D can handle these guys. Getting something going on O will be the issue, and I didn't see Da Bears provide any unique info. We don't have anybody with the skillset of Brandon Marshall either.
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:41 am
  • HawKnPeppa wrote:We don't have anybody with the skillset of Brandon Marshall either.

You can say that again! Dang that would be nice to have a guy like that in the slot.

I mean WOW is that guy big or what? Is it just me or has he gotten even bigger and quicker than he was in Denver?
    Beeker
    NET Rookie

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:28 am
  • The Giants gave us a blueprint for the Niners and we didn't seem to take advantage of that.
    12thMan1
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:31 am
  • Matt Stafford has been terrible all year, and that's really the issue for the Lions. Seattle can and should extend his streak of awful games by A) Getting pressure, and B) Double teaming (or at the very least shading a safety towards) Megatron.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:46 am
  • I have watched the lions a bit with fantasy and a wager here and there...they should be 1 and whatever. Going back to last year, they won a ton of games when they went schoolyard and left megaton one on one.

Stafford will press eventually and force one like favre...rb's are undisciplined with the ball

I think broyles is an upgrade over burleson actually. Better hands quicker routes
    zayden185
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:53 pm
  • zayden185 wrote:I have watched the lions a bit with fantasy and a wager here and there...they should be 1 and whatever. Going back to last year, they won a ton of games when they went schoolyard and left megaton one on one.

Stafford will press eventually and force one like favre...rb's are undisciplined with the ball

I think broyles is an upgrade over burleson actually. Better hands quicker routes

Yeah, but Broyles isn't familiar with the offense. Stafford gave him a "what for" last night for not doing something properly. If he runs the wrong route, browner or Sherm will make him pay. As well he's not nearly as physical as Burelson- it will be interesting to see him try and get off the line, and how that may effect his route running and timing.

The Lions are probably the least disciplined team in the league for penalties and not taking care of the ball. Pete said in his PC yesterday that he wanted to work on forcing more turnovers and that was something to be improved upon.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:04 pm
  • IF the offense puts up 17-21 points I feel good about this game, but I hate putting everything on the defense every game. I would love to see a better effort on offense after that bomb in San Fran (mind you, the 49er's D is a monster compared to the Lions).
    NorCalSeahawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:08 pm
  • Unfortunately the blue print is to throw it around on the Lions terrible defensive backfield.......not exactly our strong suit on offense.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:09 pm
  • Calvin Johnson will be a great test for our secondary. He is the most physically imposing player they will have faced this year and they will not be able to bully or push him around like some of the smaller guys we have faced. I'm interested to see how our guys fare against him.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:34 pm
  • I think RW takes a step up this week and throws well,.....if only our WRs can hang on to the ball this week,...
    Hamhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:53 pm
  • I am not going to overlook the Lions defensive line in this game. It is very good. Key to this game will be the pass protection of our Oline and keeping megatron locked up and getting a good pass rush.
    Kelly.Orr
    NET Starter

Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:16 pm
  • I'm not worried about this game, but my biggest concern is the Lions interior defense. Wilson really suffers when pressure comes up the middle.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:22 pm
  • Aye, they need to get Wilson moving around and away from Suh. The training-wheels offense will get him killed.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:31 pm
  • HawKnPeppa wrote:Haha! if they thought Pat Tilman was hard to throw against.... We don't need a 'blueprint' for this game. Our D can handle these guys. Getting something going on O will be the issue, and I didn't see Da Bears provide any unique info. We don't have anybody with the skillset of Brandon Marshall either.

agree with you, not to nit pick, but i believe its charles tillman.
    Pat Tillman was the Az card who died in the armed forces?
    largenutz
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:55 pm
  • kearly wrote:I'm not worried about this game, but my biggest concern is the Lions interior defense. Wilson really suffers when pressure comes up the middle.

every road game is a worry, our games were all close. Close games are more winnable at home than at road. We need to start showing as an offense to be able to pull away comfortably. If the offense is up, defense gets more take aways and opposing teams make more mistakes. But offense has to click and click early. RW is not there yet, he definitely will be one day, he will learn more and more and he will only get better. If I had to purely guess, December will be the month to watch to see what he could do in the Pre Season.
    seahawks08
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:43 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information