Hypothetical: Could the Hawks fire Pete but retain Schneider

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • If they miss the playoffs, with 7 or less wins, maybe. But highly unlikely, given Allen's history.

Replacing Bates with Bevell, could eventually be Pete's undoing, a year or so down the road. Ill never be convinced firing Bates WASN'T actually about making a strong push for McDaniels. Bevell was the "oops, umm, we didn't get Josh" hire.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• I wouldn't mind Sark calling plays over here, or even Doug Nussmeier who was the OC for UW last season and moved on to Alabama this season...I'm not entirely convinced that him leaving isn't at least partly to blame for the downturn in the UW Offense so far this season...
    Navyhawkfan187
    NET Veteran

• man..... sometimes this place reeks of fear so bad i wonder if the twelve new posts are by the same person.
    Cassius Marsh is my 2014 Adopt a Pro Bowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

• Rockhawk and I just got word from Paul Allen that he is going to fire Pete Carroll and the entire offensive coaching staff.

He even gave us the date.

6 months after pigs fly.

:roll:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• The Radish wrote:Rockhawk and I just got word from Paul Allen that he is going to fire Pete Carroll and the entire offensive coaching staff.

He even gave us the date.

6 months after pigs fly.

:roll:

Or 8 months later if said pigs learn to whistle. :mrgreen:
    seedhawk
    NET Veteran

• pehawk wrote:If Sarks boys continue to stumble, that's the name they nab.

He just went against the worst D in the Pac 12 and scored 17 points.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• Interesting hypothetical, I just have a hard time wrapping my head around what kind of situation could arise that would warrant Allen making a decision that radical. Understanding how loyal Paul is with his employees the only thing I’ve come up with would be some life threatening illness, which would, once again, effect a joint search for a new HC involving Pete, John, and Paul.

Even more interesting (to me anyway) is could they ever find someone that would be able to maintain the same atmosphere/philosophy Carroll/Schneider have now established here?
    "Est autem fides credere quod nondum vides; cuius fidei merces est videre quod credis."
    Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
    (St. Augustine of Hippo)

"Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim."
    (“Ovid”)
    FidelisHawk
    NET Starter

• To me the likely scenario is, PC finish's his contract and decides to move on or just retire. Do we keep JS then and find a new HC? If we do, will JS have significant input as to who the next HC is?
    seedhawk
    NET Veteran

• pehawk wrote:If Sarks boys continue to stumble, that's the name they nab.

I agree. He is the guy I would go after asap. The Trojan offense was dynamic when PC and Sark were running the show. We need that creativity on offense that made SC such an offensive powerhouse!
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:57 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information