Hypothetical: Could the Hawks fire Pete but retain Schneider

pehawk

Reaction score
Not saying it will happen, but what if the Hawks go entirely off the rails. And it's fairly obvious the coaching is the issue. What then? Is it realistic to envision a scenario that has Schneider remaining, after the President/HC who hired him, gets canned?

Obviously Paul Allen could do whatever he wanted as owner. Technically Paul could override anything and fire the president/HC and retain the GM.

Just curious.

seahwkfvr

Reaction score
Absurd idea but Allen can do whatever he wants to his team. He could fire everyone including players I would suppose

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
In the world of hypothetical anything can happen.....

Hypothetically we could win 7 straight Super Bowls.

sc85sis

Reaction score
It could happen. The opposite could happen. I don't expect either.

I believe Pete is VP of Player Personnel, not president.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
NFL coaches/management are kinda cliquey w/alot of unwritten gentlemen agreements and politicing to adhere to. So, I'm not sure if it ever could realistically happen.

Greenhell

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":264ngvlp said:
In the world of hypothetical anything can happen.....

Hypothetically we could win 7 straight Super Bowls.

Me likey this! :th2thumbs:

Basis4day

Reaction score
We have a team with a winning record and victories over Dallas, NE, GB and Carolina... and you want to discuss the after effects of firing the head coach? A Coach that has helped build one of the top Defenses in the league from virtually nothing?

Losses are hard, but the sky isn't falling. I'm sorry we aren't going 16-0, but temper your expectations a bit.

/End Thread.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I don't see it getting that badly, but I would imagine it'd really depend on who the next coach would be probably. I imagine the new hire would have to be pretty in tuned with the GM.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2j5pvi9d said:
I'd hope both our over-rated coords would go first if anyone gets 86'ed.

Imo, this is the only way that Pete could get fired. If somebody from above said that we needed new coordinators and Pete refused to do it out of loyalty to his guys.

I dont expect it to happen though, and certainly not for the next 2 years.

I do expect Schneider to be here longer then Carroll though, just because of the relative age of the two. Schneider will pick our next head coach, imo. (Not saying that Carroll will get fired, just that eventually he'll move on or retire.)

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":1ppfmln0 said:
We have a team with a winning record and victories over Dallas, NE, GB and Carolina... and you want to discuss the after effects of firing the head coach? A Coach that has helped build one of the top Defenses in the league from virtually nothing?

Losses are hard, but the sky isn't falling. I'm sorry we aren't going 16-0, but temper your expectations a bit.

/End Thread.

For real? You REALLY think that's what I want, or the point? If I could attack the poster I would say "an unimaginative douche". But I cant, so I wont.

I was curious given the uniqueness of their relationship. Not only did Pete hired him, but they seemingly share philosiphies. It's unique. So unique I couldn't come up with a similar circumstance.

I'll try to fit my thinking and posts within your comprehension or ability to ascertain. Obviously, just throwing out a "I wonder if" on a message board is to broad a thing for you.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
I expect Pete to take the team president role before I'd expect him to be fired.
The defense is all him and it's no joke.

I'm way more worried about Schneider skipping town back to Green Bay.

AgentDib

Reaction score
If things do go off the rails I suspect our offense will continue to be the weak link. If that happens, I can see Paul Allen wanting to bring in a "big name" offensive guy to address that side of the football and replace Bevell. Carroll would probably have the choice of sticking around as both the head coach and VP. It would even be portrayed as partly his decision to bring in the new OC.

I would be very surprised if Carroll is not with the team in 2013, and mostly surprised if he is not here in 2014.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
AgentDib":upym9hbt said:
If things do go off the rails I suspect our offense will continue to be the weak link. If that happens, I can see Paul Allen wanting to bring in a "big name" offensive guy to address that side of the football and replace Bevell. Carroll would probably have the choice of sticking around as both the head coach and VP. It would even be portrayed as partly his decision to bring in the new OC.

Chucky would be insane but he'd never take an OC job.
....maybe....

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
If Sarks boys continue to stumble, that's the name they nab.