Thursday game (from Niners fan)

DMH42

Reaction score
Tough, physical game. I think it's just a glimpse of what we have coming in the future. This kind of football is awesome to see. Lots of respect to the Hawks. Y'all have a good team. Things I think after seeing this (will keep it short)
- Niners have best Oline in NFL, no one else close
- Niners have best LBs in NFL, no one else close
- Hawks have best secondary in NFL, no on else close
- both teams have top 5 Dlines
- both teams have stable of tough runningbacks (Lynch and Gore were warriors) can't believe Buffalo let him go
- both teams could use some more WR talent. Although I think Niners Wrs core if including VD Are pretty good, just outclassed in this game by Hawks secondary
- both teams have questions at qb. Although hawks have more of developmental issue that has good chance of improving. Niners know what they have in Smith. If he keeps turning ball over, he will be riding bench. IMO, Niners with Kaepernick will be VERY dangerous team.

Can't wait for the war coming in seattle in December. I have feeling it will be very meaningful game. Will come down to execution, minimizing mistakes and who wants it more. Good luck on rest of the season gentleman.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
Took the words right out of my mouth tooshort. Also, pretty fair if not spot-on assessment imo.

sutz

Reaction score
Pretty fair assessment. Our teams are quite evenly matched.

Hopefully, the rest of the season works out so that the game in December is meaningful.

SinCitySeahawk

Reaction score
Am I the only one annoyed by all the 9ers fans posting here? It's a fairly accurate post, but I hate your team, and don't care about your opinion of my team.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Good post and I agree with most of it but I am not as down on our receiving core as some, I think a big part of their appearance is a reflection of rookie struggles.

The big question is have the Seahawks overtaken the Niners? I don't think it is a question of if, I think it is a question of when and after the brutal stretch of games we just played to travel to San Fran and even keep it close, let alone making mistakes we rarely ever make. Don't get me wrong I am not the guy that say's our offense just had a bad day (ignoring the opposing defense likely played a large part in it) but we were making mistakes we normally don't like dropping more pass's in one game than the rest of the season and getting gashed up the middle like we have the 30th ranked defense against the run.

I know you have a good O-line and RB but I do think they benefitted from a team running on empty after playing 4 games in 25 datys and comming in 4 days after playing a very emotional game against that Patriots.

The big question is how are our rookies going to develop? Wagner is already looking very promising, Irvin show's some flash's of brilliance and if Wilson develop's the way he look like he might, we will be sitting pretty. The flip side of that coin is the Niners are aging. Not there yet but you have some key players looking at the other side of 30. I guess we'll see if you can draft for replacement but right now I would say our drafting is winning that battle.

Another concern you have is Alex Smith. He has been converting back to the Alex of old recently and the question of have teams figurd out how to play him is a big one. Maybe it's all the down field targets you brought in. Some (myself included) have speculated that bringing in guys who stretch the field for a guy who has always struggled at that exact thing is a questionable move. If he keeps getting picked off trying to utilize them it may just send him right back to the Alex of old.

BGHawk

Reaction score
SinCitySeahawk":16o3pfsi said:
Am I the only one annoyed by all the 9ers fans posting here? It's a fairly accurate post, but I hate your team, and don't care about your opinion of my team.

I value the guys opinion, He came in with class ,respectful of Hawk fans and delivered a spot on assessment of his view of two very good teams in the NFCW..Whats not to like?

OP
OP
D

DMH42

Reaction score
Hawkfish":17ldkmns said:
LB are a push for both teams, other than that I agree

Disagree. Its tough to compare the two schemes. Hawks have nice talent at LB. Really think Wagner will turn into good player. However, Niners have HOF caliber MLB playing next to all pro MLB. Both in their primes. Aldon Smith could have been rookie of year last year. You could make argument that Niners have 3 of the top ten LBs in NFL. That is crazy. It's similar to the type of talent hawks have in secondary.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
SinCitySeahawk":rmqoyriw said:
Then don't click on the link.

OP
OP
D

DMH42

Reaction score
SinCitySeahawk":35vaq0r0 said:

Oh don't get me wrong. I hate your team too. However, I respect them. Especially the way they run the ball and play defense. It's like looking at evil twin of the Niners.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Hawkfish":jxpze5q6 said:
LB are a push for both teams, other than that I agree

No way LB are a push. Maybe next year if Wagner and Wright learn a few things and we replace Old Man Hill. Bowman might be better than Willis and Willis is one of the best LB in the league.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
DMH42":2i73kru2 said:
SinCitySeahawk":2i73kru2 said:

Oh don't get me wrong. I hate your team too. However, I respect them. Especially the way they run the ball and play defense. It's like looking at evil twin of the Niners.
No, YOU'RE the evil twin! We're the good guys :)

It's good to have a nemesis. The better the bad guy, the greater he makes the hero. You're Darth Niner. We're Luke Seahawker and the Legion of Boom.

OP
OP
D

DMH42

Reaction score
RichNhansom":prf9xzdw said:
Good post and I agree with most of it but I am not as down on our receiving core as some, I think a big part of their appearance is a reflection of rookie struggles.

The big question is have the Seahawks overtaken the Niners? I don't think it is a question of if, I think it is a question of when and after the brutal stretch of games we just played to travel to San Fran and even keep it close, let alone making mistakes we rarely ever make. Don't get me wrong I am not the guy that say's our offense just had a bad day (ignoring the opposing defense likely played a large part in it) but we were making mistakes we normally don't like dropping more pass's in one game than the rest of the season and getting gashed up the middle like we have the 30th ranked defense against the run.

I know you have a good O-line and RB but I do think they benefitted from a team running on empty after playing 4 games in 25 datys and comming in 4 days after playing a very emotional game against that Patriots.

The big question is how are our rookies going to develop? Wagner is already looking very promising, Irvin show's some flash's of brilliance and if Wilson develop's the way he look like he might, we will be sitting pretty. The flip side of that coin is the Niners are aging. Not there yet but you have some key players looking at the other side of 30. I guess we'll see if you can draft for replacement but right now I would say our drafting is winning that battle.

Another concern you have is Alex Smith. He has been converting back to the Alex of old recently and the question of have teams figurd out how to play him is a big one. Maybe it's all the down field targets you brought in. Some (myself included) have speculated that bringing in guys who stretch the field for a guy who has always struggled at that exact thing is a questionable move. If he keeps getting picked off trying to utilize them it may just send him right back to the Alex of old.

All good points. I would point out that Niners had to play 4 days before too. A game that was an emotional a@$ beating from another tough rival team.

You might be right about Smith. The thing I would be more concerned about is the Niners benching Smith and having Kaepernick running the offense. He could change the dynamic of the team for years.

SinCitySeahawk

Reaction score
BlueTalon":2cngabbl said:
SinCitySeahawk":2cngabbl said:
Good job on contributing some substance to the topic. This is supposed to be a Seahawk forum, not a 49ers welcoming committee.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Good post. I agree with all of it except I would say top 5 defenses not D-lines. Should be fun in December.

OP
OP
D

DMH42

Reaction score
hedgehawk":l1deiqny said:
Good post. I agree with all of it except I would say top 5 defenses not D-lines. Should be fun in December.

I agree with that too. Handful of great defenses right now. Niners, Hawks, Texans, Giants, Steelers. Ravens in mix (but really beat up). Cardinals (unfortunately) deserve to be mentioned too.

The Radish

Reaction score
SinCitySeahawk":2arxowrc said:
BlueTalon":2arxowrc said:
SinCitySeahawk":2arxowrc said:
Good job on contributing some substance to the topic. This is supposed to be a Seahawk forum, not a 49ers welcoming committee.

Actually we've always allowed current weeks opponent to come over and talk football and this damn sure is the current weeks opponent.

He's just having discussions about the difference between the teams what's wrong with that. Perhaps its you who should adjust your attitude a bit.

:roll:

BlueTalon

Reaction score
SinCitySeahawk":305yzw1f said:
BlueTalon":305yzw1f said:
SinCitySeahawk":305yzw1f said:
You now have two posts in this thread that do not contribute any substance to the topic. If you don't like fans from other teams coming here and having a respectful football conversation, then I suggest you either (A) avoid such threads altogether, or (B) PM the mods for clarification of the policy regarding such visitors. Or PM them with a suggestion on how to better handle the situation, if you don't like how it's currently handled.

On topic... I agree, the Digit game at Clink will be a slobberknocker. And I believe it isn't going to be more than a year or two before all four teams in the NFCW are playing at a high level. Even this year, I think it is entirely possible for all four teams to win every divisional home game. (Has that ever happened?)