Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Why I posted a hypothetical poll
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:48 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am
Posts: 2768
Great original post. Read the whole thing and I often give up on long post's.

I have to agree with pretty much every point and the immediate negative responses only solidified my opinion having brought absolutely nothing new to the conversation while repeating the mantra of others saying the same things over and over and over again.

Love Montana bashing your post while admitting he didn't even finish it. Comic gold right there.

I find it funny how some of these posters were bashing Flynn before we even signed him and have obviously stuck to that opinion even though the offense has struggled probably ten times worse than any of them would have ever guessed. There is personal agenda dictating many of their posts.

_________________
The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why I posted a hypothetical poll
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:35 pm 
* 17Power Blogger *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am
Posts: 11208
No team ever has, or ever should, make franchise-altering decisions based on the possibility that other star players might get injured. That's just not a stable strategy.

Besides, this team is far younger and deeper than 2005's. Hutch and Alexander were never the whole story behind that team's collapse.

_________________
GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why I posted a hypothetical poll
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:42 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:37 pm
Posts: 324
I am a pro wilson guy and i voted for Flynn in that poll. But i still don't think Flynn brings anything more outstanding to the table than wilson. 30th ranked offense? Well only thing that can happen is that they get better. I am not freaking out about to much from the SF game besides the drops. Wilson's INT was pretty much a punt but i still was not happy about throwing it into triple coverage. Probably the worst decision i seen him make. All in all i do believe this offense will hit their stride. I look for the biggest jump to made after the bye week. Go Hawks.

As for being banned. Well i have been banned for telling a Mod in PMs that i didn't really give a shit about his opinion and to quit wasting his time talking to me. But it didn't matter because i went out to sea for 3 weeks the day after that lol.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why I posted a hypothetical poll
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:05 pm 
* NET Sage *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm
Posts: 4312
The Wilson gestapo on here is pretty damn funny.

Pretty much agree completely with the post.

_________________
February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why I posted a hypothetical poll
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:21 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am
Posts: 2768
Wilson gestapo

HAHA Loved that!!!

_________________
The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why I posted a hypothetical poll
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:26 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:55 pm
Posts: 2446
Location: Battle Ground, Wa
russtapo ?

_________________
http://personal-spectrum.com/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why I posted a hypothetical poll
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:55 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am
Posts: 2768
The funny part about the poll is there were likely 90% of the 20 that voted for Jackson just voting that way because they suspected the results of the poll would not favor Wilson in some light or another.

At least I hope that is the case because if 20% of .Net really believes that Jackson would have been better then they must think Carroll and Schneider are retarded regarding the QB position. Why else would you commit a minimum of 10 Mill and then trade away (for next to nothing) a guy who gives you a batter chance to win?

_________________
The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why I posted a hypothetical poll
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:31 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13449
Location: King In The North
I love that rooting for the starting QB to succeed is a bad thing now.

_________________
Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why I posted a hypothetical poll
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:47 pm 
* NET Curmudgeon *
* NET Curmudgeon *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:06 am
Posts: 7223
Location: Eastern Washington
Zebulon Dak wrote:
tl;dr

Me too. Besides, I can infer what was said in the OP by the discussion that followed.

Synopsis: He's angry about something.

_________________
49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why I posted a hypothetical poll
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:51 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:39 pm
Posts: 4263
Zebulon Dak wrote:
seahawksfanatic000 wrote:
I don't want a card that is rendered ineffective agains a good defense. We should switch cards


Well what's stopping you? Write a letter! Make a phone call! Right this terrible injustice!

So what is the purpose of this forum then if not to discuss our opinions about the Seahawks? Up to and including if we think the QB you're currently teabagging should be benched? Sorry, but your response is vapid.

RichNHanson wrote:
I find it funny how some of these posters were bashing Flynn before we even signed him and have obviously stuck to that opinion even though the offense has struggled probably ten times worse than any of them would have ever guessed. There is personal agenda dictating many of their posts.

The irony to me is that I was one of the first and most vocal criticizers of Flynn when we signed him. Said his passes are "Kilmeresque" (loved Billy Kilmer but those were ugly, ugly tosses he made) Said he wasn't all that accurate. And I was really excited about Wilson. Said I thought the kid could be the next Jim Zorn...and I still hope he can. He's got talent.

But while I think Wilson has all the potential in the world to be our QBOTF and I really don't think Flynn will be - but it's possible. He may be every bit as good as he looked vs Detroit - the bottom line for me is that I don't think that Flynn needs as much polish as Wilson does. Wilson has so much more to learn. Making reads is Flynn's strength, even Pete said so. The things Wilson has to learn lead to rookie mistakes and cost games. Flynns shortcomings have nothing to do with his inexperience. If he throws an INT it's because he makes his decisions SO quickly. Flynn would have, IMO, given us the best chance to win right now.

It's just my opinion and that's the whole point of this forum isn't it? A lot of people are going to be expressing their displeasure at Wilson if he doesn't get this offense clicking and it would be wise for the Wilson supporters to have a thick skin about it and not attack everyone expressing their opinion around here.

You Wilson supporters want an argument that is respectful and can silence pro Flynn players? So you don't have to be so rude all the time? Here you go:

Wilson HAS done enough to get us to 6-1, maybe even 7-0. If Braylon doesn't drop a pass he should have easily made, we beat Arizona. If the refs see Pete calling timeout and the Rams don't get that fake FG play off, we're driving for a FG at the end of the game and maybe we win that one. If Turbin catches a ball laid right into his hands we beat the niners.

We SHOULD be at least 6-1, 2-1 in the division and none of that is Wilson's fault.

See? A reasonable argument that is better than "suck rocks" or banning a guy.

Personally, it's too late to start Flynn now, we're all in on Wilson, but I think we would have had a more efficient offense with Flynn. That's my opinion and it's the opinion of a lot of people. I don't see why Wilson supporters get so butt hurt over it. We made it to 4-3 with Wilson and we should have been 6-1. So the kid will probably lead us to 6-3 the rest of the way, now that the worst of it is over, we end up 10-6 and make the playoffs. All's well that ends well. The Wilson Gestapo should just chill and enjoy.

_________________
Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why I posted a hypothetical poll
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:59 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 7:41 am
Posts: 522
I feel sorry for your keyboard. Those poor keys. That poor space bar.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why I posted a hypothetical poll
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:43 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm
Posts: 3179
Zebulon Dak wrote:
I love that rooting for the starting QB to succeed is a bad thing now.

I love rooting for the starting Quarterback to succeed, but I don't root for him to make mistakes.
The fact that there were key passes that got dropped by his Receivers is the one reason that I don't blame this loss on Wilson.
The type of Defense tha 49rs play, looks for tendencies of the QB's, and plan on ways to neutralize him, and for the secong half they did exactly that.
Deep balls are fantastic when they find their targets, but sometimes you have to take advantage of the holes in the Defense on short passes, and that seems to be his area of weakness.
Hell, it worked great for Smith, and he's nothing great, but he played for whatever the Seahawks Defense let him have, plus, Gore having his way only opened up even more options for him.

I don't know if Bevel screwed up RW with his game plan, but 20 yards passing in the second half by Wilson is just poor execution by someone ,and the fact that good QB's will put the team on their back, he just didn't show that he could do that.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why I posted a hypothetical poll
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:58 pm 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17396
Location: Graham, WA
No, no, we can't possibly give credit to the 49ers defense for playing at the elite level they have been for the past 2 season, no way!!!!

Can't put the team on his back? did you miss the NE game, bro?

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why I posted a hypothetical poll
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:30 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:39 pm
Posts: 551
SalishHawkFan wrote:
It's not a crappy logic trap to recognize that this offense is doing worse than they were last year. They're rated 30th overall in offense and 31st in passing offense. This offense IS worse than it was when TJack led it. That's not "crappy logic trap", that's called a FACT.

The bolded isn't a fact – it's just how you choose to interpret the stats. Sorting by YPG and saying that's the order of quality offenses isn't very useful to me. Base numbers like YPG ignore things like scheme and playcalling that have diminished Wilson's productivity. By DVOA, the 2011 Seahawks had the #22 offense (#21 passing, #14 rushing) and the 2012 Seahawks through week 6 had the #22 offense (#20 passing, #11 rushing). The 2012 team's 3.2% passing offense DVOA is better than the 2011 team's 0.1% passing offense DVOA. It's reasonable to argue that this year's offense has been more efficient than last year's, and a better scheme with better playcalling might have produced better raw numbers like YPG and PPG.

SalishHawkFan wrote:
WIN NOW vs build a dynasty. That's the REAL argument that the Wilson supporters refuse to engage in. It's because they can't win that argument with a Seattle fan base and they know it.

You're missing the point that many people don't see this as a “win now vs. build a dynasty” debate. I believe that this year's Seahawks team has a better chance to win the Super Bowl with Wilson than it would have with Flynn as the starting QB. The better question is why do you think Flynn gives the team a better chance to win now? Is there something more than the Detroit game where the Packers' receivers ran through the Lions' swiss cheese secondary and the moderate contract our FO gave Flynn after no one else (including his former OC) gave him the big contact he was looking for?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why I posted a hypothetical poll
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:57 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:39 pm
Posts: 551
Just to add a few more stats to dispute your claim that Jackson was better than Wilson:

2011 Jackson: 5.1 ANY/A, 6.9 Y/A, 11.4 Y/C, 60.2 Comp%, 79.2 Rating, 2.9 INT%, 8.5 Sack%

2012 Wilson: 5.2 ANY/A, 7.0 Y/A, 11.8 Y/C, 59.4 Comp%, 79.5 Rating, 4.0 INT%, 7.4 Sack%

The numbers are almost identical across the board, but they don't consider that this year's offensive scheme has been much more restricting on the quarterback, which means that Wilson's stats are deflated compared to what they would look like in a more pass-friendly offense.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why I posted a hypothetical poll
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:03 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13449
Location: King In The North
TJ! TJ! TJ!

_________________
Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why I posted a hypothetical poll
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:06 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 7:41 am
Posts: 522
jackson was far from a rookie last year. in fact, he and everyone else in the world knew it would be his last year ever unless he did something amazing. it could be argued that a similar scenario exists for wilson. but that argument wouldn't hold water in my opinion. i'd be interested to see stats of jackson's rookie year versus wilson's. actually, no, I wouldn't. I've done WAY too much reading already tonight.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why I posted a hypothetical poll
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:13 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:44 am
Posts: 2524
Location: Naples, FL
Comparing Tjack to RW is redundant.Two different QB's one is a playmaker and a rookie and the other is a 7 year vet scared to make a decision.RW has won more last minute comebacks than Tjack ever will.RW believes in himself while Tjack needs to have his diaper changed for him.I could go on.......Stats are for record books and bean counters who know nothing about how to make those numbers.

_________________
Wolf grey all day every day.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why I posted a hypothetical poll
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:26 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:39 pm
Posts: 4263
It's amazing how many people think this thread is about comparing TJack to Wilson.

_________________
Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why I posted a hypothetical poll
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:27 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:58 pm
Posts: 1201
Location: Boise
Has no mobility? I think even Flynn would admit that.. to say Flynn has mobility and that was something the wilson supporters made up is WEAK SAUCE..

wow.. Flynn is a great back up. maybe more .. but you know what you don't get to decide that...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why I posted a hypothetical poll
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:37 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13449
Location: King In The North
This thread is about comparing fantasy to reality.

_________________
Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why I posted a hypothetical poll
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:43 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:58 pm
Posts: 1201
Location: Boise
I wish we lived in fantasy land.. I'd be the head coach.. i'd start Flynn and he be everything OP thought he is..

BUT i don't - I just get to coach my son's flag football team.. DAMN i did something wrong in a previous life..


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why I posted a hypothetical poll
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:43 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am
Posts: 2233
jewhawk wrote:
SalishHawkFan wrote:
WIN NOW vs build a dynasty. That's the REAL argument that the Wilson supporters refuse to engage in. It's because they can't win that argument with a Seattle fan base and they know it.

You're missing the point that many people don't see this as a “win now vs. build a dynasty” debate. I believe that this year's Seahawks team has a better chance to win the Super Bowl with Wilson than it would have with Flynn as the starting QB. The better question is why do you think Flynn gives the team a better chance to win now? Is there something more than the Detroit game where the Packers' receivers ran through the Lions' swiss cheese secondary and the moderate contract our FO gave Flynn after no one else (including his former OC) gave him the big contact he was looking for?


:13: jewhawk

Wilson gives a better chance to win now....it's why the experts...coaching staff decided to start him week 1. Wilson is more experienced.....his college career had him more ready to play than the 9 years of bench warming Flynn has had. 15 starts in 9 years is not "experience"....it means you are not starting material.

_________________
The artist formerly known as T-Sizzle


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why I posted a hypothetical poll
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:55 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:13 pm
Posts: 3302
Location: Seattle
I think one thing people are forgetting in all of this mess is that we are no longer in the Holmgren era in Seattle. Coming from the Green Bay school of QB's, Hasslebeck and Flynn would have been great in the Holmgren era and offense, but this is no longer that time. When they tried to insert Hass into Pete's system the results were less than desirable, and at times down right ugly. When they moved onto T-Jack things did improve. Maybe not where the fans would have liked it to be, but it was an improvement none the less. Perhaps the reason Flynn is sitting on the bench is because he is not as good a fit for Pete Carroll's system? Just a shot in the dark here and I'm most likely talking to a wall, but if you think about it, it makes sense.

_________________
Image

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why I posted a hypothetical poll
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:54 am 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 4:11 am
Posts: 306
SalishHawkFan wrote:
Original post


Please explain why this wall of text needed a new thread. I suggest starting another thread to do so.


Last edited by AbsolutNET on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wall of text


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why I posted a hypothetical poll
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:13 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:39 pm
Posts: 551
SalishHawkFan wrote:
It's amazing how many people think this thread is about comparing TJack to Wilson.

That's because it is. Much of your post revolves around this line of thought:
SalishHawkFan wrote:
Flynn supporters whole belief system is predicated upon the idea that you WIN NOW and that Flynn gives you the best chance. If Wilson isn't an upgrade over TJack - RIGHT NOW, screw the future - and you believe that Flynn IS an upgrade over TJack ( and over 80% of the people on here do), then it seems logical to Flynn supporters that it was a huge mistake to have started Wilson in the first place.

Which is logical if you agree with your three premises. That
1) Wilson isn't an upgrade over Jackson;
2) Flynn is an upgrade over Jackson; and
3) Winning now is more important than building for the future.

The problem is you want to assume that points (1) and (2) are truths and have a debate about (3). But many of the Wilson supporters actually agree with point (3), but disagree with (1) and/or (2).

A better question than your hypothetical “Flynn or Jackson” would be to ask people to rank the three QBs in order of how well you think they would perform this year only:
a) Wilson > Flynn > Jackson
b) Wilson > Jackson > Flynn
c) Flynn > Wilson > Jackson
d) Flynn > Jackson > Wilson
e) Jackson > Wilson > Flynn
f) Jackson > Flynn > Wilson

If that were the question, you and I both know the overwhelming majority would have voted for (a). FWIW, I would have voted for (b) in that scenario.

SalishHawkFan wrote:
No, the reason for my hypothetical poll was to point out something more important to .net than who is better Flynn or Wilson. What I wanted to show was the way Wilson supporters are treating Flynn supporters and point out that it is detrimental to this website for a small, fanatic group of Wilson supporters to lambast those who believe Flynn would have done betterj to the degree to which they are doing so.

If that was your main point, you could have just said “Hey guys, there's no need to be such extreme a-holes to anyone who has a different opinion from yours.” There would have been no need for the hypothetical because the hypothetical doesn't have anything to do with people trolling or lambasting others. The point of the hypothetical was to strengthen the Flynn supporters' arguments with the logic that “if Wilson isn't better than Jackson, and Flynn would be better than Jackson, then by that logic Flynn would have been better than Wilson.” But it ignores the point that most of the people who voted for Flynn over Jackson in your hypothetical would have also voted for Wilson over Jackson, and many would have voted for Wilson over Flynn.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why I posted a hypothetical poll
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:21 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Seattle
No, your last thread was still a crappy logic trap.

And now there's a small band of fanatical Wilson supporters? You're entering into disheveled, awkwardly sweaty paranoia here. I know this thread was packed with logic, facts, and rational thought (or three concepts people overemphasize to prop up their subjective opinion), but I like lollipops and FIRE. GO RUSSELL.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why I posted a hypothetical poll
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:50 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:56 pm
Posts: 6150
This thread, just like your original poll thread, was ABSOLUTELY necessary.

_________________
SUPER BOWL 48 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why I posted a hypothetical poll
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:51 am 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13449
Location: King In The North
Somebody forward this to Coach so he can know what he needs to do next weekend.

_________________
Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why I posted a hypothetical poll
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:07 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:33 pm
Posts: 2148
Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Raised: Florida
SalishHawkFan wrote:
T-Sizzle wrote:
Its one thing to be a Flynn supporter, its another to continue to call for it OVER and OVER and OVER again when its clear the direction the TEAM wants to go. Flynn guys need to drop it and get behind our QBOTF and QB of NOW.

I totally understand where you're coming from. but when that many people believe Flynn would have been an upgrade you've got to expect to hear it over and over and over again. The people leading the charge aren't going to quiet down until they've been given reason to. Calling them stupid, banning people over the smallest excuse, giving the same "Wilson's a rookie, be patient" excuses aren't gonna fly. Either Wilson improves on the field, which will shut everyone up, or you've got to go with the fact that it's kinda too late now. But it's not too late.

Which means Wilson supporters should be thick skinned about it. Afterall, if you're truly as confident that the guy will be our QBOTF, then what do you have to worry about? What prompts this overreaction to what is truly a legitimate sentiment? Just back off.

You're not going to silence the calls anyways. Only Wilson can do that.


Wilson hasn't been "bad" enough to warrant switching QB's. We have been in every game this year and probably all of them or all but one was because of the defensive play. Still that being said Wilson is a rookie and his numbers are actually not that bad. Future HOF QB's have started much worse, and hell success wasn't even supposed to happen this early. I still think 8-8 is the most fair record any true Seahawk fan could want out of this team, this year. Anything more is overachieving. Just my two cents.

_________________
Image
"Somehow a second year quarterback was more ready for this game, than a first ballot hall of famer!?"
-DMac 104.3 Denver The Fan after Super Bowl XLVIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why I posted a hypothetical poll
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:10 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13449
Location: King In The North
TJ! >> MF.

_________________
Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why I posted a hypothetical poll
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:37 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:57 am
Posts: 326
Location: The Adventure of CLink
Before the pre season my opinion was to at least start Flynn for a year and let Wilson soak it in from the bench. Well, that's not what PC and Co. decided to do, they decided that Wilson "won" the starting QB position (Why PC says that it still a competition is beyond my comprehension). Am I happy with their decision? I don't really know, I am not them and I don't know what they know. Do I wish that they would have rolled with Flynn for a year, yes! All of this wasn't even the question until we picked up Wilson in the draft and PC declared it a competition between 3 qbs. Before Wilson, I think the majority of us were excited to pick up Flynn and there wasn't really a debate who should start, Flynn or TJack!? Seems like most of us were all in on Flynn. Wilson came in and impressed the coaches and the majority of the fans. Now that Wilson is our starting QB and when the team loses, there are those that point the finger at Wilson and say "we should have started Flynn" or "bench Wilson and start Flynn". Would it have been the same comments if We lost with Flynn as our starter, "We should bench Flynn and start RW."? Probably!

I don't think Flynn would have got us to 4-3 with this O-Line. Wilson has kept plays going when under pressure, whether it be with his legs or just getting away enough to throw the ball away instead of losing yard with a sack. With the way our O-Line is suspect at times, I do not feel that Flynn would have been as successful, but that is not a fact it is just what I believe. As far as the Niners game, If the receiver wouldn't have dropped passes, and some of those passes couldn't have been more perfectly thrown/placed, I am sure we would have won that game and this OP would not have even started...well at least until the next Seahawk loss. Last thoughts: I am still not comfortable with the fact that we started Wilson over Flynn, but I WILL support my coach and my team with their decision and HOPE for the best possible outcome of the season.

Cheers to all! Go Hawks! ;)

_________________
The 12th Commandment:

THOU SHALL STAY LOUD N PROUD! GO HAWKS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why I posted a hypothetical poll
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:48 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:14 pm
Posts: 651
I haven't even been able to watch this game yet due to out of town work so no real RW v Flynn notes to apply here. will be catching this soon.

I'm with the minority who felt Flynn do a year while RW took time to work his game with tjia hawks org (just seemed like the natural route really with a rook).

Last game was his breakout best (imo) finally, sounds as if this one is going to be depressing to watch. man I wanted a W over the 9rs.

This loss is why I and many felt the AZ/STL losses were so crucial. Those were winnable I feel.

well they come to our house soon, little paybacks in order at least


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why I posted a hypothetical poll
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:27 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6370
If balls weren't dropped, we wouldn't even have this thread. After NE, most people accepted Wilson as the starting QB for the rest of the season. We face probably the best defense and have multiple key drops, and the calls for Wilson's head begins again.

I was a Flynn supporter all throughout the offseason and preseason, but Wilson's shown me that he's a very capable starting QB. You say he needs more polishing than Flynn, but there's no way you could know that. The way he studies and strives to get better makes me confident, we won't have to wait too long to see consistent success. If you ask me, Flynn might learn a thing or two about how the kid prepares.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why I posted a hypothetical poll
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:26 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
Posts: 7707
Location: Surrounded by Elway, Tebow, and Manning jerseys
So a setup poll and then an additional thread just to say, "Quit being mean to me, goshdarnit!"

Outstanding.

If you want to know why you tend to get some vitriolic reactions when you post your hundredth "Flynn is so dreamy and tons better than Wilson" thread of the day, this is why:

Your posts on the QB situation are intellectually dishonest. You base your arguments on false premises and then support them with logical fallacies. And then when people point out those fallacies, you ignore those posts and continue asking, "Why won't people address these points?!"

Let's start with your favorite approach. You like to argue that Flynn should be starting because he clearly beat out Jackson in training camp/preseason, and Wilson hasn't represented an improvement over Jackson. Ergo, in your world, that means Flynn is better than Wilson.

You argument that Wilson isn't an improvement over Jackson was based - at least 5 games in - on the idea that Jackson threw for 60 more yards per game than Wilson on average, and you somehow equated those 60 more yards with being a better or more capable QB. When it was pointed out to you that Jackson had many, many more attempts (10 more per game on average) and that the Seahawks had gone to a no-huddle offense early in the 2011 season, you ignored it. In fact, you instead turned it around as an excuse for Jackson, suggesting that he had a harder task in putting up those extra yards because he had no running game (rather than acknowledging that there was no run game precisely BECAUSE the team was going pass-happy).

It's no surprise that you've abandoned that particular approach since Wilson threw for 293 against the Patriots, now claiming that Jackson and Wilson are essentially on par. But even that claim isn't based in reality. It doesn't account for what the coaches are asking Wilson to do. It doesn't account for the quality of opponents.

"But I'm not talking about comparing those two QBs!" you say. You say, instead, that your point is about the treatment of Flynn supporters. But what you fail to note is that the treatment that you've seen in response to your posts, at least, has been in response to your repeated comparisons between Wilson and Jackson. I don't have anything against you, and I don't have anything against someone who thinks Flynn would play better than Wilson (even though I think they'd be wrong). What I do have an issue with is the specious arguments you've continued to make.

_________________
Image

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why I posted a hypothetical poll
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:28 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 3870
Location: Tri Cities, WA
i knew there was a reason i joined and enjoy reading these forum threads... good points from both sides.. what may or may not have already been said in here is, comparing wilsons stats the TJacks up to this point in fantasy land is one thing, they're there in black and white to look at, from what i understand they're similar... but in the real world there are too many intangibles to base a realistic arguement..

1.. already stated - TJack had far more pass attempts
2.. a known fact and even admitted by the coach, they have restricted wilsons playbook to move him along slowly, so of course his completions are down, so are his attempts.
3. we have a real running game , nuf said
4...dropped passes, penalties, missed opportunities has killed wilsons stats, and i mean killed..

has he made mistakes, yes, will he continue to make mistakes yes, every QB in the league makes mistakes , bad reads, poor throws every game, manning's , brady, rogers, they all do...

_________________
World Champs - Sounds good don't it


Last edited by hawker84 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why I posted a hypothetical poll
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:32 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 3870
Location: Tri Cities, WA
bottom line, is wilson is our starter, the coaches have bet the future on him, as a rookie he needs time to learn and become confident in the current system... the more we go along, the more the playbook gets open, the more opportunities he's going to have to make plays, the more our offense comes to life...

while i respect the opinions of the Flynn supporters, this arguement needs to come to a hault, get on board with our starting QB and let's talk about how he can improve, and what the coaching staff needs to do to see that he does.. this is wasted energy at this point, nothing is going to change any time soon... we understand you think Flynn gives us a better chance.. doesn't matter , wilson's our starter....

_________________
World Champs - Sounds good don't it


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why I posted a hypothetical poll
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:37 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:46 pm
Posts: 3068
Location: Florence, Italy
Zebulon Dak wrote:
Shane Falco wrote:
Zebulon Dak wrote:

RW is the starting QB and I'm not responsible for that decision. Sorry if you don't like it but there's nothing any of us can do about it.


Again, Exactly. How many times has that card been played?


That's not a card. It is in fact the way of things.


The "he is the starter" line is stale. Okay, and the coach decided to run a fade route in the red zone when we were running for 7 yards a pop. Coming here and bitching that we should have ran has no bearing on what the coach was doing. Thus by your line of logic, it is the coach's decision, you have no influence on it and thus you shouldn't be posting here. Does this make sense?

This is a forum where people "can" voice their displeasure. I'm not solidly in one camp or the other, just pointing out the flawed logic.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why I posted a hypothetical poll
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:39 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:46 pm
Posts: 3068
Location: Florence, Italy
hawker84 wrote:
bottom line, is wilson is our starter, the coaches have bet the future on him, as a rookie he needs time to learn and become confident in the current system... the more we go along, the more the playbook gets open, the more opportunities he's going to have to make plays, the more our offense comes to life...

while i respect the opinions of the Flynn supporters, this arguement needs to come to a hault, get on board with our starting QB and let's talk about how he can improve, and what the coaching staff needs to do to see that he does.. this is wasted energy at this point, nothing is going to change any time soon... we understand you think Flynn gives us a better chance.. doesn't matter , wilson's our starter....


based on the this logic that you have no influence on what the coaches do, why "should" anyone debate anything if we have no bearing (which we don't)?

Apart from booing or not booing at the games, this forum contributes zero to what the coaches do. Thus, why does it even exist? The answer is so people can talk seahawks, blow off steam, question calls and meet up and discuss what the coaches should and shouldn't do while understanding that it won't change anything.

That said, I understand that the Flynnites have already stated their point, but that doesn't mean they can't talk about 20 yards in a half.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why I posted a hypothetical poll
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:47 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 3870
Location: Tri Cities, WA
this 20 yrds in a half crap does not represent reality, it's just a useless stat that doesn't depict what actually happend on the playing field.. so tired of hearing about this 20 yrds sh*t.... like that has nothing to do with the play calling.. if wilson attempted 10 12 passes and missed his target and only got 20 yrds , then we could talk, but that was not the case... go back and watch the game, and you'll see why he only passed for 20 yrds. next topic

_________________
World Champs - Sounds good don't it


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why I posted a hypothetical poll
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:42 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am
Posts: 2768
Great post's Falcongoggles

_________________
The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.