Detroit

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Detroit
Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:48 pm
  • I like the matchup.

Their secondary leaves a lot to be desired.

I smell a road win.
    The new Santa Clara stadium name?..........Dungaree Dump
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Re: Detroit
Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:53 pm
  • Yea, I think we get a win too. I expect at least 2 or 3 interceptions from Stafford. Maybe this is the week we finally get a defensive touchdown. Megatron vs Sherman and Browner should be fun.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:56 pm
  • Not to mention that we get them off a Monday night game.

I too, like our chances.
    two dog
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:01 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:I like the matchup.

Their secondary leaves a lot to be desired.

I smell a road win.

They have no chance cause Andrea is going to be there!!

:th2thumbs:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:26 pm
  • They also have a bad run game and haven't been as smooth passing this season. I won't say anymore though, I don't want to jinx it
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:33 pm
  • How will our O-Line hold up against their D-Line?
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:39 pm
  • Suh has turned out to be a sis, almost like your sis.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:42 pm
  • What is our record under PC after a loss? Isn't it pretty good too? Don't know why I am thinking that, is it the case?
    Shane Falco
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:00 pm
  • Shane Falco wrote:What is our record under PC after a loss? Isn't it pretty good too? Don't know why I am thinking that, is it the case?

2 wins in a row after each loss, so far...knock on wood!
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:01 pm
  • We've shut down the #2 and #4 DVOA offenses already, but both were at home. We haven't faced a productive passing offense on the road yet. Should be interesting.

But yeah, their defense sucks rocks.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:06 pm
  • HawKnPeppa wrote:
    Shane Falco wrote:What is our record under PC after a loss? Isn't it pretty good too? Don't know why I am thinking that, is it the case?

2 wins in a row after each loss, so far...knock on wood!

Yeah, this year. So far so good. For some reason I was thinking that for the entire time PC was here but it's not the case at all. I thought our losses were more split up than they were in the previous two years.
    Shane Falco
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:16 pm
  • Wow, I didn't realize they will be coming off MNF. +3 days rest for us and -1 day rest for them, nice. That should counteract home field advantage at least.

Finish the first half 5-3 and I am content with the first half results.
    CaptainSkybeard
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:21 pm
  • We run more one high safety than any other team in the league and that could be problematic vs. Detroit. I believe that we will (obviously) roll coverage to Megatron. Other teams have shown that he can be shut down if you blanket him with a safety, leaving 1v1 on the opposite receiver. Hopefully Earl is up to that task given the height differential as I don't believe Kam can cover him. Regardless, Megatron's location will dictate coverage. We can't let him beat us.

Best case scenario: We can stop the run without bringing Kam down in to the box, leaving him free to concentrate on disrupting the passing game.
    Formerly known as Seahawk425.
    CodeWarrior
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:23 pm
  • 10 AM scares me. White jerseys scare me. Other than that we should be able to beat them soundly.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:28 pm
  • Is that Sir Lancelot giving them the business in your avi?
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:29 pm
  • Football Outsiders says we're the best in the league against #1 WRs. I think Sherman matches up well with Megatron. Sherman is only a couple inches shorter, so that takes away most of Megatron's height advantage. I like our pass rush vs their o-line, especially since we know they cant run it against us. The d-line can pin their ears back and rush Stafford all day.

I also like our offense vs their defense. They're 24th in points allowed per game and 22nd in defensive DVOA. Our losses have come against good defenses. This defense doesnt compare to any of the defenses we've lost to (which all happen to be top 5 in PPG). There's a reason our offense looked shitty against those teams.
    Last edited by Erebus on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Erebus
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:34 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:Is that Sir Lancelot giving them the business in your avi?

Huge He-Man sword. Sort of a throwback to my 80's childhood.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:36 pm
  • The chopped off leg/foot is hellasweet.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:44 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:Suh has turned out to be a sis, almost like your sis.

A boy named Suh?
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:49 pm
  • PlinytheCenter wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Suh has turned out to be a sis, almost like your sis.

A boy named Suh?

remember how everyone around here was Suh this and Suh that?

Hahahaha........You would think we spilled hot Mcdonalds coffee on ourselves.

That guy is a bust.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:51 pm
  • Their offense plays right into what we are good at stopping. Deep, long developing routes. If Stafford can throw 3-4 int games against worse defenses, I don't see why ours wont have a field day. This is one of the few teams Earl should finally have a big effect on. I thought GB would be his coming out party, but they really relied on check downs and 3 step drops. The only concerning part is obviously Calvin Johnson; we haven't faced someone of his skill set since PC took over. I think as long as he is constantly jammed at the line, he shouldn't determine the game. I won't be shocked if he puts up a 100 yard game though, he easily is one of the best receivers in the past 30 years.

I think the thing that should make this a dominate win is Marshawn. When Stafford does get picked, we won't be taking deep shots to give it back quickly. It will be a steady dose of Marshawn against a very bad defense resulting in long drives.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:52 pm
  • mistaowen wrote:Their offense plays right into what we are good at stopping. Deep, long developing routes. If Stafford can throw 3-4 int games against worse defenses, I don't see why ours wont have a field day. This is one of the few teams Earl should finally have a big effect on. I thought GB would be his coming out party, but they really relied on check downs and 3 step drops. The only concerning part is obviously Calvin Johnson; we haven't faced someone of his skill set since PC took over. I think as long as he is constantly jammed at the line, he shouldn't determine the game. I won't be shocked if he puts up a 100 yard game though, he easily is one of the best receivers in the past 30 years.

I think the thing that should make this a dominate win is Marshawn. When Stafford does get picked, we won't be taking deep shots to give it back quickly. It will be a steady dose of Marshawn against a very bad defense resulting in long drives.

Great write up my friend.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:57 pm
  • I'm predicting Seattle scores at least 3 FGs, and maybe 1 TD (2 TDs if the defense is really on it). But that TD will come from a big play. Sorry to say it, but the 'Hawks' offense breaks down in the redzone.
    #BurnTheGrayPants
    sa_seahawker
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:59 pm
  • I don't like our chances. It's a road game. That's all that needs to be said.
    Superbowl.
    NJHawksFan
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:00 pm
  • we didnt do that well against Carolina, and their D blows too. And its ten am. i still think we win, but it will be close. something like 20-16
    "Beast mode was engaged, and when beast mode is engaged, no one can stop him"-- Some skins fan
    "I envy that hard hitting Seahawks D. Love the attitude they play with." Justblaze2729 Denver Fan
    Hawk4lyfe
    NET Rookie

Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:55 pm
  • Man, we got this. We're going to crush them. We break the white jersey/10 AM trend and we beat these punks. You think these guys liked losing to the 9ers? Hell no. This is a no brainer. Hawks win! Hawks win!!
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:58 pm
  • Like I said before, I want Detroit to SUFFER! Its not anything I have against 'em, because I like their team actually. I just want one of those games were we stomp a mud hole into the other teams collective face.

Now I want that, but that doesn't mean it'll happen.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:00 am
  • Throwdown wrote:Like I said before, I want Detroit to SUFFER! Its not anything I have against 'em, because I like their team actually. I just want one of those games were we stomp a mud hole into the other teams collective face.

Now I want that, but that doesn't mean it'll happen.

It's gonna happen.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:35 am
  • I for one do not want to see anyone but Sherman on Megatron. I don't want to see Browner lined up against him at all. Browner is a bruiser not a cover guy. He won't be able to do that to megatron . I like Sherman's matchup on him better but you still have to try to help with a safety regardless. Lets not forget their interior offensive line is very good if they "want to be". I think if we can keep Calvin Johnson bottled up we win. If we let him loose game over. We haven't faced a receiver like this at all this year. Boys are going to need to bring their A game in the secondary. A missed assignment or breakdown is going to for sure be a big play. Pettigrew is a good target for them also if he isn't dropping passes for a TE. Defense has a lot to worry about but i am confident they can handle it.
    Kelly.Orr
    NET Starter

Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:28 am
  • They can't run, so hopefully that means Clemons & Irvin get to key on Stafford.
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:49 am
  • uncle fester wrote:They can't run, so hopefully that means Clemons & Irvin get to key on Stafford.

Leshoure has had some solid games since coming back from suspension.
    Kelly.Orr
    NET Starter

• I think that the week eight matchup with the Lions will serve as another of the season's litmus tests. We've faced some of the league's best offenses (Patriots with 445.3 total YPG) and some of the best defenses (Rams with 207.8 passing YPG [No.5]; Cowboys with 285.2 total defense YPG [No. 2]; and last week, 49ers with 272.3 total defense YPG [No.1]). What isn't surprising, then, is that the Lions have 419.6 total offense YPG, good for second in the league. What is surprising is that the Lions have 324 total defense YPG, ninth in the league. This will be one of our more challenging games of the season.

What is needed, then, for victory?

On offense...
    We will most mirror our gameplan against the Patriots. Both have strong run defenses (Patriots with 82.7 YPG and Lions with 96.4 YPG), but weak secondaries (Patriots with 288.8 and Lions with 227.6--the fourth worst secondary we've faced thus far). Wilson should have enough time to implement this and let our routes with Rice and Tate develop, as the Lions are tied for eighteenth in the league for sacks. Expect more total yardage and points out of this game.

On defense...
    The name of the game is Calvin Johnson, the number one offensive threat on the Lions. Although he has managed respectable numbers in receptions and yards this season, his touchdown numbers are surprising--one. Whether this is more indicative of him or the Lion's coaching schemes, I don't know, but I know it bodes quite well for us--even more so because our secondary possesses the physical attributes to measure well against him. I don't expect Johnson to manage more than fifty yards for the game.

As far as their rushing gameplan--it will be a non-threat, as the Lions just manage a scant 99.8 rushing YPG (No.19)--the fourth worst we've faced thus far. We should expect Bryant and Mebane and Co. to redeem themselves here.

The greatest defensive challenge will be the pass rush. The Lions' offensive line has allowed nine sacks on the year (tied for fifth best in the league with the Cowboys). To reemphasize this point, remember the lack of pass rush we generated in the game against the 49ers and then remember that the 49ers have allowed twenty sacks on the year--third worst in the league. If we are to succeed here, we must emulate our success against the Cowboys.

Overzealous statistical data-dumping aside, this will be quite a challenge for us, but one we'll be able to overcome. I think that a win in Detroit will kick us off on a nice little streak.
    IT3 Duckster
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:28 pm
  • Will this be the first time since Super Bowl XL that we've played at Ford Field?

Edit: used google, found answer. — the seahawks played the first regular season game after SB XL at Ford Field (and won, 9-6) This will be the 2nd time since XL.
    chawx
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:52 am
  • Seattle's averaging less than 13 points a game in the road this year. Detroit's offense is good enough to score 14 points on Seattle at their place. I think this will be another disappointing performance.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:54 am
  • I will get to watch them for the first time this year on Monday, so that will be interesting.

Based on looking at their other games and stats we match up well with them.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:03 am
  • Despite what some think, I see no gimme games left on the schedule. Lions are on the verge of righting their ship. This game will be very tight. I hope for a victory but will be chewing my nails the whole time.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:04 am
  • SeatownJay wrote:Seattle's averaging less than 13 points a game in the road this year. Detroit's offense is good enough to score 14 points on Seattle at their place. I think this will be another disappointing performance.

Context ... out of those road games, we played a very good Cardinals defense, a very underrated Rams defense, and the best defense in the NFL (SF). Detroit's defense is not even close to any of them.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:46 pm
  • Detroit seems to be a team which lacks poise. I dont think they're mentally "tough" as a unit either. They're schizophrenic. Underachievers. Like Dallas.

Regardless of how bad the Hawks offense plays, ANY opponent has to be mentally tough, poised and “all-in” to withstand the Hawks physical style of play.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:06 pm

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:56 pm
  • SEA17 DET14
    Lithium
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:44 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member