Did the Niners win, or did Seattle beat themselves?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Whenever we've beaten an opponent this year that we were projected to lose to, the emphasis wasn't on what we did right, but what the other team did wrong. With last nights game and all the missed opportunities, is it being spoken of in the same regards? Did the Niners win the game, or did Seattle give it away?
    Image
    San Fransisco. Still partying like it's 1981.
    User avatar
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 679
    Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:22 am


  • Most remember the 2nd half more so than the first half... and SF pretty much owned us in the 2nd half.

    So, they beat us.
    your Superbowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    User avatar
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3106
    Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 am


  • we needed to hop on top of them early and didnt. they beat us.
    User avatar
    morgulon1
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3524
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 10:07 am
    Location: Spokane, Wa


  • A little bit of both, I definitely think it's only our fault we didn't win, but at the same time the 49ers earned it and i'll say they beat us
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1532
    Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:26 am


  • Both. 49ers won via line physicality. Seattle beat themselves via drops. Take away one, either one, outcome would likely have been different.
    February 2, 2014: The day Seahawks win their second Lombardi trophy
    (The first one is located back east somewhere.)
    User avatar
    Ruminator
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 296
    Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 6:52 pm


  • Isn't this the same type of stuff fans here were claiming other teams fans do, yet here we are filing the same type of comment. SFran won. They kicked the run defense's butt. And they shut down our offense.

    This reeks of sour grapes and should only apply if you are willing to accept that the other team lost more than your team won when the table is turned.
    Image
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    User avatar
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *
     
    Posts: 9337
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
    Location: Covington, Washington


  • drdiags wrote:Isn't this the same type of stuff fans here were claiming other teams fans do, yet here we are filing the same type of comment. SFran won. They kicked the run defense's butt. And they shut down our offense.

    This reeks of sour grapes and should only apply if you are willing to accept that the other team lost more than your team won when the table is turned.


    I'm not whining, just wanted to gauge what the overall mentality on .NET is after the game. A win is a win, a loss is a loss. This I understand.

    EDIT: Should've made it a poll question. Don't know how to do that.
    Image
    San Fransisco. Still partying like it's 1981.
    User avatar
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 679
    Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:22 am


  • It's not sour grapes Dr Diags. Most everyone on this thread has owned the fact SF won. If you break down the two halves , we owned them and failed to capitalize on opportunities (ala "let em off the hook") when we had the chance. They came out and made adjustments and are now 5-2.
    User avatar
    morgulon1
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3524
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 10:07 am
    Location: Spokane, Wa


  • Saying we "gave it away" or "let them win" sounds like what our
    opponents say when the Hawks win.

    It's simple, on the only level that counts, the team with more points wins.

    Remember tho old one about why one side of a "V" of flying geese is longer
    than the other: It has more geese in it.

    Same with points: count 'em up and you've got your winner.
    two dog
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 719
    Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:45 pm
    Location: Yakima


  • easy to see, I don't know what I'm doing or I wouldn't double post when I meant
    to edit by adding one line.

    I am heartily sorry.
    two dog
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 719
    Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:45 pm
    Location: Yakima


  • They scored a TD and we didn't. Sounds like a win from the Niners, IMO.
    User avatar
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1679
    Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:16 pm


  • You got beat, but not as bad as some of you are saying.

    SEA is a good team being held back by two things, which are kind of related. Pete Carrol and Russel Wilson.
    Young2Rice
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 147
    Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:16 pm


  • We beat ourselves the 1st half, they beat us the 2nd. Game should've been out of control with that 9ers fanbase completely out of it by the end of the half without those drops.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


  • Young2Rice wrote:You got beat, but not as bad as some of you are saying.

    SEA is a good team being held back by two things, which are kind of related. Pete Carrol and Russel Wilson.


    Sorry, but you are wrong. We got beat by dropped passes and a bit of a fatigued defense (playing the fast paced Pats and hen the Niners on 3 days rest). If those passes weren't dropped we have a completely different game.

    I do not think it is fair to single out Wilson on this game.

    The Niners beat us fair and square, no shame in it. However, they didn't outclass us. We are closing the gap.
    User avatar
    Starrman44
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 814
    Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:35 pm
    Location: Canby, OR


  • No doubt a little or lot of both but in the end it really does not matter....they won and we lost, end of story.
    Welcome to Mr. Wilson's Magic Show
    Strong safety Kam Chancellor, a 6-foot-3, 232-pound rhinoceros in cleats.....REED ALBERGOTTI
    Put them together, and this long-limbed, fleet-a-foot foursome forms a formidable force. ....Clare Farnsworth referencing the "Legion of Boom"
    oregonhawkfan
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 2062
    Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:08 pm


  • We beat the holy hell out of ourselves in the first half, allowing SF to beat us up in the second half. Pretty simple. You don't have 4 (5?) well-thrown passes get dropped for no reason, and get away with no consequences. Not against a good defense, anyways.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26427
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


  • RolandDeschain wrote:We beat the holy hell out of ourselves in the first half, allowing SF to beat us up in the second half. Pretty simple. You don't have 4 (5?) well-thrown passes get dropped for no reason, and get away with no consequences. Not against a good defense, anyways.


    Bingo.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 14743
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


  • RolandDeschain wrote:We beat the holy hell out of ourselves in the first half, allowing SF to beat us up in the second half. Pretty simple. You don't have 4 (5?) well-thrown passes get dropped for no reason, and get away with no consequences. Not against a good defense, anyways.


    Excactly. When you play a great defense, you can't make bonehead plays and expect to win. We tore it up in the first half but frequently shot ourselves in our collective feet. Their D will bend every once in awhile, and if you don't take advantage of it, you don't deserve to win.

    After we let them back into the game, they took over and didn't look back. Excactly what a good team should do.
    User avatar
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1652
    Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:54 pm


  • mistaowen wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:We beat the holy hell out of ourselves in the first half, allowing SF to beat us up in the second half. Pretty simple. You don't have 4 (5?) well-thrown passes get dropped for no reason, and get away with no consequences. Not against a good defense, anyways.


    Excactly. When you play a great defense, you can't make bonehead plays and expect to win. We tore it up in the first half but frequently shot ourselves in our collective feet. Their D will bend every once in awhile, and if you don't take advantage of it, you don't deserve to win.

    After we let them back into the game, they took over and didn't look back. Excactly what a good team should do.


    Absolutely. If we had connected on those passes, I, for one wouldn't be telling Niner fans, "ya'll aren't as bad as you think. It's only your head coach and quarterback holding you back" when they still have a winning record and a shot at a good season.

    I haven't seen anything out of Harbaugh that tells me he's a better coach that Pete Carroll. Carroll won more in college. Stanford had a very good quarterback and a shutdown corner on their team that Harbaugh buried in the depth chart because he disliked the kid for whatever reason.

    I don't need some Niner fan in our forum telling me that we are losing because of our coach and rookie quarterback. I'll take Wilson over Alex Smith any day.

    Harbaugh was handed a roster that had elite talent on it already. All he had to do was give it some direction. Pete has completely overhauled this roster and we have been seriously in every game this season. It's come down each game to the players ability to execute a catch in two games (Niners and Cards) and we could point to a few things in St. Louis. For me, I don't blame Pete Carroll. I think he has done a great job this season. Also, I don't blame our rookie quarterback, especially since we just wanted him to manage games this year anyway. He has exceeded my expectations and I expect him to only get better as the season goes.
    User avatar
    Starrman44
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 814
    Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:35 pm
    Location: Canby, OR


  • we only lost by 7. If Turbin makes that catch Marshawn puts it in the end zone right there. so yeah, we shot ourselvs that time.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

    R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    User avatar
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4777
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:39 pm


  • Niners won, stat says so.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19215
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA




It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:12 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information