Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Re: why isn't this being talked about.. chop block? first down?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:51 pm 
* NET Radish *

Meeker wrote:
I thought the ball passed the first down marker and the penalty was obviously bad....but I don't think we would have gotten down the field anyways...so it doesn't really bother me.

My friend I see your point. But if he had been beyond the marker we wouldn't be having this conversation would we? lol

Course the penalty makes all that moot anyway. And sadly moot points were the only kind we could get last evening.

:les:

Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:45 am 
NET Starter

As far as the chop. It was bullshit. The first down? I was very unhappy with Ben's effort on that. Reach the damn ball out and get the first down. But the B.S. call of a chop ruined the game anyways on what "could" have been a first down if Obo had reached out all the way.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:19 am 
NET Veteran

Kelly.Orr wrote:
As far as the chop. It was bullshit. The first down? I was very unhappy with Ben's effort on that. Reach the damn ball out and get the first down. But the B.S. call of a chop ruined the game anyways on what "could" have been a first down if Obo had reached out all the way.

He couldn't reach, look how his arm is held be the defender. By the time he has the ball secured in his left hand 2 more defenders had showed up. The problem is that Obo wasn't beyond the first down marker in the first place. He should have been.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:30 pm 
NET Starter

razor150 wrote:
Kelly.Orr wrote:

He couldn't reach, look how his arm is held be the defender. By the time he has the ball secured in his left hand 2 more defenders had showed up. The problem is that Obo wasn't beyond the first down marker in the first place. He should have been.

Yeah i see that but i still think he had time to reach out after the intial defender's hand slips to his waist. It is a small window but i still think he had a chance to reach out a little more than he did. They marked it about 2 inches short with the ruling on the field so idk. Doesn't really matter we lost anyway.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:09 pm 
USMC 1970-77

Chop block was a bad call IMHO.

IIRC, Obo was actually bobbling the ball and trying to maintain possession as he went down and couldn't reach out for the line.

And, yes, he should have run the route deeper. :229031_shrug:

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]