Hypothetical poll: Flynn vs TJack

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13

If we'd never drafted RW, which QB would have given us the best chance to win?

Matt Flynn
80%
Tarvaris Jackson
20%

Total votes : 60

Re: Hypothetical poll: Flynn vs TJack
Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:00 am
  • "cant' throw deep", "has no mobility". Those are all myths propagated by Wilson supporters. In fact, Flynn doesn't have a great deep ball, but it's adequate enough for a secondary to respect it. And he is more mobile than most QB's, just not as mobile as TJack or Wilson. But whereas TJack would stand there holding onto the ball, Flynn gets rid of it quickly, though he's a Favre type gambler and he would probably throw more picks.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:20 am
  • SalishHawkFan wrote:"cant' throw deep", "has no mobility". Those are all myths propagated by Wilson supporters. In fact, Flynn doesn't have a great deep ball, but it's adequate enough for a secondary to respect it. And he is more mobile than most QB's, just not as mobile as TJack or Wilson. But whereas TJack would stand there holding onto the ball, Flynn gets rid of it quickly, though he's a Favre type gambler and he would probably throw more picks.

Agreed until the part I underlined. I don't know where you would have gotten that idea.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:21 am
  • SalishHawkFan wrote:And he is more mobile than most QB's, just not as mobile as TJack or Wilson. But whereas TJack would stand there holding onto the ball, Flynn gets rid of it quickly, though he's a Favre type gambler and he would probably throw more picks.

But this is exactly why I don't want him. A big part of the reason Seattle has been "in" every game so far is that Wilson has kept the lid on the turnovers (three of his picks came in one game). I don't think we'd have that advantage with Flynn, and I think it'd be the difference.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:30 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    SalishHawkFan wrote:And he is more mobile than most QB's, just not as mobile as TJack or Wilson. But whereas TJack would stand there holding onto the ball, Flynn gets rid of it quickly, though he's a Favre type gambler and he would probably throw more picks.

But this is exactly why I don't want him. A big part of the reason Seattle has been "in" every game so far is that Wilson has kept the lid on the turnovers (three of his picks came in one game). I don't think we'd have that advantage with Flynn, and I think it'd be the difference.

Is that based off the one INT Flynn threw last year (49 attempts)? It's two if we count the one he had in the Denver game that bounced off the hands of one of his wideouts. I assume we don't count that, since we don't count it when that happens to Russell.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:35 am
  • Nobody here honestly has any idea how Flynn would do starting in this offense and it appears that Coach believes that RW gives us a better chance to win not only now but also going forward into the future. Until HE changes his mind about that none of this conjecture even matters, not even in the tiniest little bit.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:21 am
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:Nobody here honestly has any idea how Flynn would do starting in this offense and it appears that Coach believes that RW gives us a better chance to win not only now but also going forward into the future. Until HE changes his mind about that none of this conjecture even matters, not even in the tiniest little bit.

don't you know? the very vocal minority fan knows more than Pete Carroll ever could.

:sarcasm_off:
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:39 am
  • SalishHawkFan wrote:In fact, Flynn doesn't have a great deep ball, but it's adequate enough for a secondary to respect it.

How do we know he doesn't have a great deep ball? Because of fan "perception" that he has a weak arm?

I thought that 50 yard bomb TO dropped was right on the money. It's too bad Flynn had to force feed all those passes to TO that game. He has shown he was able to make all the throws accurately - short range, intermediate and deep, with the ability to throw receivers open and in stride.
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:34 pm
  • Why is there a poll about TJack? Good riddance. He's gone. Thankfully. A chair is more productive on a football field than TJack.
    hawkfan68
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:01 am
  • Don't we run a version of the WCO? It is predicated on timing routes that develop quickly and require a QB to be able to throw receivers open and probably most important be able to read defenses and audible when needed. Tjack could not read a defense, throw receivers open and most of all, process the game fast enough to take advantage of timing routes.

Those timing routes that utilize a three step drop make your o-line look much better as well as the receivers. It also slows the opponents defense due to repeatedly getting burnt by guys getting behind them and maximizing YAC.

If your not sure if Flynn can do these things just go watch the GB vs Detroit game and remember he did that without their best receiver or RB.

This is a no brainer. Flynn by a landslide.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:48 am
  • RichNhansom wrote:Don't we run a version of the WCO? It is predicated on timing routes that develop quickly and require a QB to be able to throw receivers open and probably most important be able to read defenses and audible when needed. Tjack could not read a defense, throw receivers open and most of all, process the game fast enough to take advantage of timing routes.

Those timing routes that utilize a three step drop make your o-line look much better as well as the receivers. It also slows the opponents defense due to repeatedly getting burnt by guys getting behind them and maximizing YAC.

If your not sure if Flynn can do these things just go watch the GB vs Detroit game and remember he did that without their best receiver or RB.

This is a no brainer. Flynn by a landslide.

What he said. This is the reason I wish they would have started Flynn over Wilson. It also would have given Wilson more time to learn how to read defenses & the speed of the pro game
    "While it's true most dragons are cruel, the Terpdragon seems to take particular glee in the misery of others, often tormenting her victims much like a cat plays with a mouse before delivering the final blow."
    Terpdragon
    NET Rookie

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:57 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information